SOTD: 18 of September to 24 of September of 2021

242387405_4016033255169074_5419656133044812253_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Pinnacle God Save The Queen
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Tiger (2)

This one's been sitting unused in the cupboard for a while, so I pulled it out to re-evaluate the scent. It's grown on me, and the shave itself was decent. Tiger blade tailed off massively at the end though.

Tuesday 09.21.21 SOTD

WVgvHEb.png

Tatara Masamune OC / Nacet
Oumo 26mm Lotus Manchuria SHD Badger
Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Shaving Soap & AS

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 21st September 2021

Shave Score 9.8

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Signature Soap Co. Coria
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Post Shave ASL: Signature Soap Co. Coria
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Vorlich
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Penhaligons - Douro

Tried a blade I havent used in too long, great with all passes the BIC :)

Have a good day all.

Joe

IMG_0190.jpeg

Test with Feather (2nd use):
Rex Ambassador/Feather 2.5/1.5/1
This time NOT comfortable, I had the impression of having my skin removed.
Close shave but... I will use the Feather only for special occasions... don't like the idea of single use of a blade 5 x more expensive than average.
It's possible that there is so much performance degradation after 1 shave only?

SOTD 21-Sep
DSC02291.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: AP Lemon Drop 26mm TGN Boar
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE (10)

Always marvel at this tabac/boar combo, whips up a wonderful lather in short order. Cracking shave with no fuss, actually going into the lab today so at least I'll look presentable being clean shaven and dressed in something other than home work wear!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Tuesday SEptember 21, 2021
Razor: A Type Schick Repeater
Blade: Schick B Proline
Brush: Mr EE LE Gold
Soap: Rèvolution
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Rèvolution Splash
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,049

So I didn't count before but figured I would have enough to use a different SE Razor each day of SEptember without repeating. I now see with just 9 days to go it will be done easily and still have some that have not been used yet and need to do on video. The B Repeater is a heavy guy being all brass and silver plated. It also requires a slightly different angle than a typical Injector. I got a smooth and comfortable shave from it and glad it's in the den and has a companion Type A coming to join it. I may get a Type C eventually to complete the set of Repeaters. Have a great day everyone and let's "Kick this Pig" !
IMG_20210920_214633304_HDR.jpg

21 September

P&B Imperial Rum
Yaqi Atlantis
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

C7400E1A-15E2-46FE-AC90-5120090A055C.jpeg

I was looking forward to this shave with some trepidation. Some others on this forum have reported problems with alignment and fitting blades. I don’t have any Shick blades to try, but, my Feather blade on it’s fifth shave fitted perfectly and the razor assembled to give perfect alignment. The shave defied expectations, despite the considerable weight, the razor balanced well and gave a gentle and reasonably close shave. Definitely a sheep in wolf’s clothing, for me. I had a very good first shave with the Claymore Evolution. My thanks to Executive Shaving for the fast delivery and the free hand soap, very nice.

SOTD 4.jpg

Soap - Bodyshop Maca Root Shave Cream
Bowl - Fine Lather Bowl
Brush - Razorock Bruce 24mm
Razor - Rockwell 6C ( #R4 )
Blade - Dorco Titan
A/S & Balm - Nivea 2 Phase

The Bodyshop Maca Root Cream has a divisive scent but the performance is stellar. Not discussed or mentioned too much but this is one of the best performing and under rated shaving creams IMO. Never fails me and is almost boring in its consistency and reliability. I have the original formula in the tube and have never tried the latest formulation in the tub. I'd be interested to know if anyone has thoughts on how the two compare.
First time using the Dorco Titan. Took a punt on this blade with the recent sale on Amazon.
Not many blades that don't work for me in the Rockwell 6C and this was no exception.
3 passes and pickups on plate R4 was very comfortable and smooth and very pleasantly surprised with the blade. Also very pleasing that its not a one shave wonder and it'll be good for another few shaves.

21/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Shower, Cold water Face rinse
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Henckels Rapide - Patent 02/01/1894 #512125
Blade - Henckels Rapide Wedge
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester D
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin

Wk38 -21 (4).JPGWk38 -21 (4b).JPG
My SOTW by far, worthy of 2 photos.
My favourite brush and favourite Signature soap produced a wonderfully scented slick lather, i then completed a full 3 pass shave with the Henckels wedge which seemed to shine on the more stubborn areas, i needed a little concentration under the nose and was rewarded for my time.
Yes, these old wedge blades are not as smooth as the new fangle blades we have today, yes, they take a little practice to get to the more difficult area under the nose and chin during the shave and yes, they give a brilliant shaving experience.
A nice post shave to finish off without any indication from the splash.
Result:-
DFS++, my fault. Just a tiny missed area on the bottom RH side of my chin, noticed during the post shave routine, i can live with that.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sotd-21-09-21.jpg

This afternoon -

razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Proline P30 (8)
brush - Simpson Chubby 1 BB
soap - Vie-Long mentha
post - witch hazel
a/s - Brut - Attraction Totale
balm - Weleda
scent - Eau Sauvage edp.

Bang on. You may have noticed a not so subtle subtext to my recent posts - an invitation to reconsider the reputation of the Cobra in general and specifically as a daily shaver. There is a reason for this, all will be revealed on Friday. Oh - I'll save you wondering - no, it is not going to be put up for sale. While we are at it - I feel the reputation of Attila the Hun deserves reappraisal too - he was a military genius as talented as Hannibal and anybody that sufficiently put the shits up early medieval Christian Europe to be called 'the scourge of god' must have had a certain panache? :) Shave well one and all. Cheers - I.

Oh - Brut aftershave is my new favourite thing.

Back
Top Bottom