SOTD: 18 of September to 24 of September of 2021

Thursday 09.23.21 SOTD

F2nauVb.png

Barbaros TR-2 / Gillette‌ 7 O'clock Yellow
TurnNShave 25mm Chess brush BOSS Knot
Barrister and Mann Lavanille Shaving Soap & AS

Does this mean retirement is imminent or a new job?

Hopefully retirement. With the extra time on your hands, we'll all look forward to more depth and length in your SOTD posts.

So just like sex then Never? Never realised they were too short but that can be fixed

31st December this year. Semi retire is the plan.

242647368_1272577116521993_1799725621328095147_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Arko Cool cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (1)

I often wonder, if I hadn't discovered this forum would I have been happy with my setup? I think the answer is a resounding "yes" as it was so much better than cartridges. However when I try a product like this Arko cream I do begin to think there's a lot of unnecessary frippery ;) Amazing lather from a tiny amount of cream.
Without the advice and info here though, I'd probably still be using Derby blades and certainly wouldn't have discovered @BartsBalm , so it's a nett win on this SOTD:)

SOTD 23-Sep
DSC02298 (4).jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Longtown'
Soap: OSP BT
Razor: ATT G1
Blade: GEM PTFE (12)

Milder than a korma but still does the job, as mentioned before this is without a doubt a 3 pass razor for me but at the end of the passes I'm left with a good finish and zero irritation, I think I would have to be shaving like I was digging for gold for that to happen. It's one of those mindless types that of you still haven't woken up you can still look presentable.

Anyway hope you all have a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

This morning's shave delivered in monochrome silent movie format with the theme 'Retribution, resignation and retirement'

View attachment 77334

Yaqi Excalibur
Kai Titan mild
Yaqi Dandelion
Signature Soaps Londinium
Goutal Eau De Monsieur

Recent events kind of brought me to think down the lines of this wonderful speech from John Goodman in the Gambler.

My notice goes in next week

More importantly the shave

With many thanks to @mpf9ret I recently became the owner of a Yaqi Excalibur. Stuck it on some cheap but very cheerful handle and it truly delivers. A kind of nearly aggressive, but not quite SE with a wonderfully smooth stance and an ability to reward with superbly close shaves while maintaining a confidence inspiring nature. I absolutely love this cheap but brilliant razor.

Probably my favourite lather team in the Dandelion and the Londinium. I think Yaqi should pay tribute to @BrianH by creating a Cashmere brush which looks like a battered aluminium tin, the Brushinium. And Brian should do a limited run of crap tins again.

This evening I shall sign off with a video you have seen before but I have always loved the fact they are enjoying the moment. I leave you with Pantyhose and some bloody song I don't have a clue the name of. But who cares?

And I really must say, I love you all
Retirement!
Will that make you a “ Salty Old Dog!” as they say. You’ll miss all those unsocial hours.

Thu 23 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Henkels Friodur 472
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple
A wonderfully happy scent from this soap. The lather is just so creamy and very slick...
Reached my 70th SR shave with this razor. Very enjoyable session. The razor's edge was as smooth and comfortable in 3passes without any issues for a mixed dfs/ccs/sas result. Aftershaves were awesome!
20210923_145911.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 23rd September 2021

Shave Score 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Tabac Shower Gel
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Cream: Truefitt & Hill - Apsley
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Post Shave ASL: Pinaud - Clubman Calssic Vanilla
Post Shave Balm: Baxters
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Penhaligons - Douro

Sublime shave, super close, no irritation nicks or burn, the BIC now on the 3rd outing gets better and better :)

Have a good day all.

Joe

IMG_0195.jpeg

22 September

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
PAA The Green Ray
Gillette Adjustable E1 (5)
Gillette Silver Blue
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

0827CF07-2922-40AB-8D69-B7F1DCF074C8.jpeg

A wonderful two pass shave this morning. A stunning creamy lather was created with the Extro and Green Ray. Then the Fatboy showed how good a 60 year old razor could be. The Virgin Island Bay Rum was just the icing on the cake.

Back
Top Bottom