SOTD: 18 of September to 24 of September of 2021

242770944_3014178542132164_7352850965718819186_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap, Baxter's Scrub
Soap: Figaro
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

An almondy start with the scrub and soap, and a nice finish with the Code. I tend to use less EDT/EDP these days due to concentrating on the after shave lotions, but today's a long one (meeting in Weston Super Mare after a three and a half hour drive) so the good stuff's come out!

SOTD 24-Sep
20210923_090037.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: Speick (PIF)
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 (PIF)
Blade: GEM PTFE (13) (PIF)

Fantastic shave this morning, first try with Speick and it was brilliant, thank you @LESLIE ASARE . I went a bit heavy with application, it's not quite as visible as Tobac on application. But the end result was a thick, slick and pleasant smelling lather.

Coupled with the Ever Ready courtesy of @Tony'schin containing blades generously donated by @Satanfriendly / @Scorpio93 (apologies I lost track of who gave which blades).

Thank you to everyone for their generosity!

Smooth effortless shave with a great finish. Ready for Friday to finish and the weekend to kick off.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 24-Sep
View attachment 77393
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: Speick (PIF)
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 (PIF)
Blade: GEM PTFE (13) (PIF)

Fantastic shave this morning, first try with Speick and it was brilliant, thank you @LESLIE ASARE . I went a bit heavy with application, it's not quite as visible as Tobac on application. But the end result was a thick, slick and pleasant smelling lather.

Coupled with the Ever Ready courtesy of @Tony'schin containing blades generously donated by @Satanfriendly / @Scorpio93 (apologies I lost track of who gave which blades).

Thank you to everyone for their generosity!

Smooth effortless shave with a great finish. Ready for Friday to finish and the weekend to kick off.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc
That's a real TSR community shave Si.

Friday 09.24.21 SOTD

ZwyX4oF.jpg

iKon B1 Slant w/ATT Copper Handle
Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌Chrome‌ ‌Israeli‌ ‌Red‌
Elite Fire & Ice 24mm Manchurian White
Ethos Mélange d’agrumes Premium Soap
Ethos Mélange d’agrumes Premium Splash

PreShave: Hot Shower then Proraso White

Soap: TOBS Lavender

Brush: Simpson T3

Razor: Rockwell 6S #2

Blade: Astra SP #2

Post Shave: Alum stick then Proraso white balm

DE Shave #8

Overall my best shave to date. :)

Some mild warmth from the Proraso White products, no soreness, no new nicks, a couple of weepers from previous shave damage but they had stopped before Alum stick. The smaller blade gap of the #2 plate required very frequent rinsing to clear lather and debris.

My very smooth face has a wide smile across it.

24 September

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Plisson synthetic
Karve Christopher Bradley (C plate)
Feather Hi-stainless
Clinique post-shave soother

000B73FF-BB16-44F3-9942-B5D5CC0D08E4.jpeg

First shave with the Karve with a C plate and it was very smooth. A comfortable two pass shave with a reasonable result. I will have to try the D plate next time to see if I get closer or just get more irritation.

24/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Valet VC1 Silver Tone
Blade - Despined GEM PTFE S/S (5)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester H
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin

Wk38 -21 (7).JPG
A lovely Friday shave with the Silver Tone VC1, Mild on the skin but efficient on the stubble, This one is in "as new condition", although, they do seem to be harder to come by lately on our shores, which is a shame as they are brilliant with the easily modified GEM.
3 full passes accompanied again by the fantastic Signature soap, i am really enjoying these soaps this month.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sotd-24-09-21.jpg

This afternoon -

razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Proline (11)
brush - Semogue 2015 HD silvertip
soap - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon
balm - Floid
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Wonderful. Sniff, sob - my last tub of Gomez Barberia - it being discontinued is a sad loss to the shaving world. For me - in every respect - lathering,scent and post-feel - absolutely top tier. Sniff. Certain creams need a generous knot of silvertip and this is one of them. Job done - enjoy your shaves all - cheers - I.

Oh - my Cobra goes on holiday on Monday - I offered it up to a few friends on the forum to try and the responses - whilst mostly in jest - went along the lines of 'thanks but there are easier ways to hack my nose off,' or 'I'm grand for half a samurai sword on a stick - cheers anyway.' Thankfully though, one of the yellow-bellied pussies found his big boy pants and accepted the challenge. He won't have any problems - being a highly experienced se razor user. Sure - the Cobra is a razor for grown-ups and you can hurt yourself if you misuse it - but that is true of all razors. I've just used it eleven days in a row and have suffered no ill effect - quite the opposite - superbly well shaven and my skin has seldom been better. Of the razors I own, the Cobra is only slightly ahead of the Streamline in terms of efficiency/assertiveness but few regard the latter as an automatic invitation to major blood loss and permanent scarring. Pick your favourite AC blade, the very best supporting cast you can muster, pay total attention and ye shall be rewarded - oh yes. I get to try a Vector in return - which I am very much looking forward to - does it shave as good as it looks? My final tip on using the Cobra - when you have finished the shave, rinsed it off and popped it back into its cage for the night - stick a live mouse - any rodent will do - in as well. Otherwise the razor will be hungry in the morning. :)

@Paul L

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom