Ever Ready (unknown type)
GEM SE Blade (#1)
Cella soap
Vulfix No.5 Pure Bristle
Alum Block
Lloyds Chemists' Witch Hazel
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm

Day 2 of the Cella. Used my very stiff bristle brush this time, but I'm still not experiencing the legendary slickness yet. Still not a patch on an Arko stick for that!

Monday

Veleiro Pre-Shave Soap
LEA Shaving Soap Stick
Semogue 1550 Brush
Gebr. Weyersberg «Corneta» 15/16" Straight Razor
Denim After Shave Splash
444 After Shave Balm
sdc11613.jpg

Tuesday

Futur (5)
Treet Platinum (1) then Wilkinson Sword (1)
Vulfix 2235 super
Palmolive soap
Alum
Gillette ASB

Had my 1st dud blade today. Loaded up with a new Treet Platinum which pulled from the off. Having had a pi$$ poor shave yesterday I thought that it was possibly because beard growth was a bit heavier than usual so I went for a 2nd pass, but no improvement. Binned the blade and did 2 further passes with a German Wilkinson which, by contrast, was bliss! A couple of weepers but nothing else untoward.

Tuesday
Hot Towel
DE87/Laser blade :shock:
Wilkinson(Yes Ive got one too :lol: )/Body Shop Macca root cream
Alum
Nivea replenishing ASB

In truth, it was a pretty good shave :)

Regards, beejay

Tuesday

EJ Chatsworth
Croma Diamant (2)
EJ Med Silvertip
SWK Scuttle
ToOBS Sandalwood SC
Brut Aquatonic AS
Nivea ASB

This blade doesn't seem to like being used in the Chatsworth! Not comfy at all. In the Futur and Fatboy, it was fine, but both yesterday and today, whilst the shave is fine and close, and there are no nicks/weepers, it doesn't feel that comfortable during the actual shave!
Bizarre as up until now, the Chatsworth has always been the razor that all blades felt ok in, even after they had felt rough in the Futur!

Have a good day gents.

Tuesday

Slant 37c
Tesco Israeli (2)
Pure Badger
Nanny's Citrus Zinger Soap
Alum
Coral skin food
Moisteriser

Didn't quite get enough lather from the Nanny's soap this morning. Also I still need to get the right angle on the slant, I'm getting a comfortable shave, but feel it could and should be better in areas.

Tuesday

Slant, 37c
Feather (4)
Nanny's Warm Spice Cream
Men-u Brush, Pure bristle, £8
Alum
Boots WH/Tea Tree 'splash' used with Cotton Pad
Lab Series AS Balm

Nann's Warm Spice cream is lovely. Thought I'd try it with a very simple brush today and it was a delight. Slick (a bit like Cella) and a lovely warm scent. Straight into face lathering and a gorgeous, rich lather soon followed. It's a very easy lather for me to 'control'. Meaning, I don't have to worry about adding drops of water etc. as It works great from the off. The cream softens the hairs beautifully. I'll most probably be ditching my face soap/face wash as Nanny's cream leaves the skin feeling absolutely marvelous and the exfoliation from the brush does a top job to 'clean' the face. On a side note, I've noticed that I tend to like creams/soaps that produce a 'brilliant white' coloured lather. For example, Cella, Cyril rose and Nanny's Warm Spice are my favs and they all do this. Strange. Anyway, thank you Nanny and look forward to trying other products from your range in the near future.

Urban Hermit said:
sonny said:
Tuesday<snipped>
Nann's Warm Spice cream is lovely. Thought I'd try it with a very simple brush today and it was a delight. <snipped>

... is that slant getting better with practice, Sonny? You were saying it wasn't getting very close to the skin.

Me and my big mouth.

It is definately getting better. I will use my regular 38c tomorrow for a comparison and that will tell me all I need to know. However, my technique with the 'finishing' (side burns, tricky bits under the nose and jawline) is not great and it's down to me and partly the bigger gap on the ends of the slant razor. If I can get these areas sorted then I'm onto a winner. I'm using a 37c but will most probably opt for a 39c if I do decide to purchase. Compared to my gorgeous blue 38c, the slant is a butt-ugly razor. lol.

Tuesday

Day off today so nice relaxing shave and time to post on here......

Futur
Gillette Bleue Extra
No Name Badger Brush
Speick Cream
Alum/Witchhazel
Old Spice Fresh Lime

This continues to be as close to a perfect set up as I have shaved with. The only thing I can genuinely see rotating for a bit is the AS but the OS Lime is so damn good and just does a great job.

Really surprised with the Bleue Extras they are quite a nice all round blade. Will try the swedes soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom