Shave of the day w/c Saturday 8th May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday 8th May - Last day of the season.

Gillette Flair Tipped Rocket
Iridium D6
Semogue 830
Godrej Rich Foam Cream
Alum
Speick ASL

Im amazed at this blade,it is not from a new pack either. its going get one more start. Godrej creams are a very good product, easily producing a rich creamy lather & the sheep juice does its thang very nicely.

Saturday
Bic Sensitive razor
Semogue 1305 brush
Tabac shaving soap
Old Spice (Shulton) aftershave

Good morning,

RSC face scrub
Tabac shaving soap
Merkur HD and Feather blade
Men-U Pure Bristle brush
Tabac AS spalsh
Natural Grooming Co. moisturiser

The RSC face scrub is not very scrubby. Not enough scrubby bits in and they're too big.
The Tabac soap is just brill.

C'MON KILLIE

Smell The Glove said:
The RSC face scrub is not very scrubby. Not enough scrubby bits in and they're too big.
Is this the "invigorating daily facial scrub" stuff? Blimey, I thought it was really rather scrubby myself - sort of one step down from valve grinding compound.

Arrowhead said:
Smell The Glove said:
Is this the "invigorating daily facial scrub" stuff? Blimey, I thought it was really rather scrubby myself - sort of one step down from valve grinding compound.

Get yourself some Clinique face scrub. It'll take the face off ya!! :shock:

Saturday

Futur on 5 with a Gillette 7 o'clock blade (green).
Palmolive Soap and a Vulfix 2235 super badger brush.
Alum
Gillette ASB
Aquatonic AS

I don't rate the green 7 o'clocks quite as as highly as the yellow ones but still good. Pretty much a BBS today just a small rough patch which I seemed to have misses, slight nick today but nothing bad and no irritation.

Friday

Veleiro Pre-Shave Soap
Tabac Shaving Soap
Semogue 1550 brush
Dovo Fritz Bracht Straight Razor
Tabac After Shave Splash
444 After Shave Balm
sdc11612g.jpg

Saturday

Proraso Pre/Post before breakfast and coffee
Long hot shower,
Wilkinson Sword Sticky with Gillette Platinum (Swede)
Warmed brush scuttle
C&S 88 Shave Soap
Simpsons PJ2 in 2 Band
3 pass shave with touch up
Thayers witch hazel
Body shop seaweed moisturiser
Rose of Bulgaria A/S

Interesting shave. This was the first shave with the Wilkinson Sword "Sticky" razor, I have been meaning to try this for a while and finally got round to it. I had read a few reviews of it and all of them said it was a very mild razor so I chose a Swede which I find to be a quite sharp blade. This combination worked really well, the mildness of the Sticky with the sharpness of the Swede resulted in a close shave with minimal passes and left no irritation.

The Rose of Bulgaria A/S I just received today, I ordered some shaving cream, A/S and Parfum from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rose-of-bulgaria.com/uk/bulgarian-rose-shop-men.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rose-of-bulgaria.com/uk/bulg ... op-men.htm</a><!-- m --> The seller is quite nice and we exchanged a few emails. I ordered on Tuesday afternoon, they shipped on Wednesday and it arrived this morning from France. They don't have the shave cream listed as it is not often asked for but they can get some, they are normally in packs of 10 and quite cheap. My single tube was €2.90 but they are willing to get stock and sell singles or multiples if there was demand.

I used the A/S and it is almost as god as Thayers itself, it is like Thayers mixed with A/S. There is a sting to it on application but it is very soothing and the Rose scent is one of the nicest I have tried, it is really light and not too sweet but it seems to have staying power without becoming overpowering. A few more uses required before I write a review for the section.

Given that I had not used the Sticky before I did not want to throw too many unknowns into the shave, I stayed with the C&S 88 soap which has proved to be a stellar performer but I have an issue with the scent. I have to say today it did not annoy me as much, perhaps it is fading or perhaps I am just growing accustomed to it. It shaves so well I am willing to persevere and see if my opinion of it changes over time.

I will use the Rose shaving cream tomorrow and report on that but my first experience with the Sticky is a positive one, I want to try a Feather in it next but will probably try a benchmark blade like a Personna and try to get a feel for how mild it really is.

Picture of the Sticky

Useless internet trivia - Apparently (so I read) it is called a sticky because the plastic handle is a formula which becomes sticky when wet, well not quite sticky but it's grip does not decrease when wet it is easy to maneuver and I think a really nice design, the head profile requires a different angle than most other razors to make it cut but then again every razor has it's own characteristics, just this is even more different to a Merkur/EJ head. It won many design awards at the time but was just beaten into the ground by the Proctor & Gamble Gillette dominance at the time. Again another few uses required before I am ready to write a full review.

Sticky.jpg

Rose of Bulgaria A/S

RoseAfter_shave.jpg

Saturday 05-08-10. Kells Original's day.

Soap from Aleppo - Pre Proraso - VULFIX 404 Boar & Badger mix - Gillette Super Speed 40's style - 7 O'clock yellow #2 - Kells Original Arabian Spice - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB 444 + ASB Welleda.

Afeitado08-05-10002.jpg

Slow Shaving said:
Saturday 05-08-10. Kells Original's day.

Soap from Aleppo - Pre Proraso - VULFIX 404 Boar & Badger mix - Gillette Super Speed 40's style - 7 O'clock yellow #2 - Kells Original Arabian Spice - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB 444 + ASB Welleda.

How do you find the Kell's Original soap? I have received one of these after winning a competition. How do you find is the best way to get a decent lather with it?

Cheers,

Saturday

Rooney Finest 1/2 gets better with use. Mr Taylor scent intoxicates, while DR Harrris milk goes on and on. The replacement Chatsworth made it's debut today. Not as close as my Merkur but very comfortable. First day of another Gillette Super Thin.

3-6.jpg

Saturday

Proraso Pre
TGS Silvertip
Trumper's Rose Cream
Gillette Adjustable "Fatboy" F1 (3) w/ Persona (1)
Real Shave Co. Moisturiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom