Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS (1)
404 Bodger
ARKO Soap (Stick crushed into a Bowl)

Edwin Jagger Sandalwood AS Milk

The ARKO is a fantastic face lathering soap - not very good for bowl lathering - and has provided a first class shave this morning. A swift return to the Shark obviously played its part also.

BBS
:shave

Monday

Trumper "Chatsworth"
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Trumper Coconut Oil Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Good morning all,

Tabac shaving soap
Men-U Pure bristle brush
Feather and Futur
Tabac AS Splash
Natural Grooming Co. moisturiser

Practically zero rotation these days. If it aint broke, then don't fix it.
That's probably my SOTD for the rest of the week.

Thanks, and have a good one.

Monday

Tesco canned foam
Bic sensitive
Envy EDT

Was short of time so thought I'd crack out the old canned foam, which I always thought was one of the better ones on the market, and shave in the shower. Very poor shave barely a SAS, just goes to show the importance of a good lather.

sonny said:
Saturday
Men-u Pure Bristle
Cella
Slant, 37c
Feather (1)
Alum
Boots WH/Tea Tree 'splash'
Nivea Sensitive AS Balm

Second attempt with the slant (first was with a 'swede'). I tried different angles, pressures but I cannot get a close shave from it. For my beard it seems to be a 'safe'/mild razor and very good for WTG passes. More experimenting required.

Loving the Cella though.

Used Nivea Balm for the first time in ages today. It's ok but I'll stick to my usuals.

Hi sonny!

I teamed my slant up with a feather the other day, a potentially "lethal" combo I know,and I wasn't aware of the potential for disaster-through lack of experience etc- but it resulted in my only bbs so far! Mind you, it was practically zero pressure at all times, and 100% concentration,(bit of good luck thrown in as well, I shouldn't wonder). From what I've gathered, the feather is probably the only blade sharper than a "swede", would that be about right? Anyway, safe experimenting..

All the best,

spandex.. :)

spandexcodpiece said:
From what I've gathered, the feather is probably the only blade sharper than a "swede", would that be about right?

I think that of the blades that I have tried, the Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (yellow box) and the Iridium are both sharper than the Swede, but less sharp than the Feather.

Ian

Monday

Slant 37C
Tesco Israeli (1)
Pure Badger
GFT coconut cream
Coral Skin food (pre and Post)
GFT Moisteriser

My first attempt using a slant. Some slight weepers just to the left/bottom of my mouth, probably due to incorrect angle, hence scraping rather than cutting/slicing. As Sonny I've had a closer shave, it's early days with the slant, so I'll be trying again.

Got a wedding coming up so the Flashman Mutton-chops and Handlebar tache are being grown out again.

All I'm shaving at the moment are my chin and my neck as far up as the jaw-line.

So, no SOTDs for a month or two(!)

Jeltz said:
Monday

Tesco canned foam
Bic sensitive
Envy EDT

Was short of time so thought I'd crack out the old canned foam, which I always thought was one of the better ones on the market, and shave in the shower. Very poor shave barely a SAS, just goes to show the importance of a good lather.

I have to say, of the one thing I will never do again is use the canned stuff. Cartridge blades yes, can, NO! Your a brave man posting that on here.

NatJag said:
Jeltz said:
Monday

Tesco canned foam
Bic sensitive
Envy EDT

I have to say, of the one thing I will never do again is use the canned stuff. Cartridge blades yes, can, NO! Your a brave man posting that on here.
There's a fine line between brave and stupid :mrgreen: TBH I wanted to know how much better it was to use a brush and cream/soap I now have my answer :D

Monday

Slant, 37C
Feather (3)
Cyril Wild Rose Cream
TOBS Ebony Silvertip
Alum
Boots WH/Tea Tree 'Splash'
Lab series AS Balm

Thought I'd get the special cream and brush out for the slant. It didn't disappoint. A Pleasant shave. Haven't changed my technique at all for the slant. WTG Passes are almost effortless. I've been trying out new facial expressions to get a nice, clean XTG pass on the neck. The results have been good, even if it makes me look like a weirdo. Will have one shave at the end of the week with my regular merkur 38c to compare it with the slant and then decide if the slant is worth purchasing. I'd like to own one, but it is a really ugly razor! lol. I hope my 38c performs well at the end of the week so, I don't have to fork out for a slant. By the way, the noise the slant makes when cutting is lovely. And, I still maintain it is a very safe (mild) and smoothe razor.

joe mcclaine said:
Got a wedding coming up so the Flashman Mutton-chops and Handlebar tache are being grown out again.

All I'm shaving at the moment are my chin and my neck as far up as the jaw-line.

So, no SOTDs for a month or two(!)

Come on joe..what's SOTDs ? :?

spandex..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom