DSCN4274.jpg

Tuesday

Futur (3)
Bic (3)
Vulfix 2235
Wars Cream
Alum
Azzaro PH splash

Very close shave this morning expected the alum to sting but it didn't. 10 hours later starting to feel the stubble but still appear pretty clean shaven.

Hot towel.
Razor: Parker sh91r
Blade: Derby Extra
Brush: Pure badger from the shaving shack
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Alum Block
Gillette Balm.

My 3rd DE razor shave, this one went very well indeed.
3 passes but only 1 for the lower part of my neck.
Closest shave ive had in a long time.
Lathered the cream in a bowl.
Had the water near boiling.
First time I used a alum block, stang a little but instantly stopped the 2 little nicks on my upper lip :cool:

Roll on tomorrow, the Futur should be here!

Tuesday:
Martin de Cande SS/Gillette Twist Slim (Made In Spain?) with Astra/New Forest 2201/Weleda ASB
P1090643.jpg

P1090645.jpg

P1090648.jpg

This soap is simply SUPERB,maybe the best that I have tried so far and the combination with the NF 2201 hard to beat!

Tuesday evening

Flare tip Rocket
shark blade
semogue 1305 boar
Nanny's yushu II
alum
Old spice fresh lime

The shark blade + rocket worked well. The Rocket is from the 1950's , and it never ceases to amaze me how well it works , a great piece of kit. The shark blades have a picture of a shark on them. A shark. Seriously.
The semogue had been sitting out for quite a while , noticed it in a couple of pictures on sotd ,andyjreid's I think (Hi Andy!), and I thought I'd give it a whirl for a change. It worked really well with Nanny's new batch of Yushu, nice brush I like it , not surprised in the brush but why did I think it was'nt going to be much good ? prejudice .
Nannys Yushu so good clean fresh gin :lol: lovely , ice and a slice of lime please. All combined together to give a really really really really nice shave. And topped it off with Old spice fresh lime.The Old spice fresh lime is so good , I was going to say its the dogs bollocks but rubbing the dogs bollocks on your face after shaving :roll:
Three more days left in my job. Feeling a bit devil may care

have a nice evening

Damian

M. B.Pole O/C razor
Merkur blade(3)
Neo custom Full bore(2)
MWF
Liz Riley S/Bowl

Alum / Proraso post shave cream. / Proraso AS / Tabac AS

'Evening all ! Second go with the new Full bore,and used MWF soap today! This brush holds a lot of water, so gave it a good shaking this time. I got better lather, but definitely some way to go with breaking the brush in as yet. The Merkur combo again saved the day, and I ended up with a DFS! ..quite pleased with that! I find the scent from the Proraso AS disappears quite quickly on my skin, so before I left the house I splashed on some Tabac, very effective :lol: - must have been a closer shave than I thought !! I find the Merkur blade not bad at all ! In fact, I was going to have a 4th go at it, but probably won't! Perhap's using it in a heavy, open comb razor makes it work better! It certainly doesn't seem to deserve it's poor reputation as far as my experience with it goes!! ...... 'Bye

Fido said:
Another all Proraso session.

Then after all the fuss of recent days I didn't check emails or go on the internet all day. A very pleasant day! Now for another shave.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Fido! Do you often shave twice a day? :eek:

Tuesday evening

Hot shower
New Forest Brush
Nanny's Lavender soap
Derby (2)
Gillette Superspeed
Osma Alum
Pinaud Bay Rum AS

Nanny's splodge of Lavender arrived today, smells divine and lathers a treat! I missed out the Proraso pre cream so I could enjoy the lavender untainted. I need to thin out my cream stash first, but some will definitely be featuring in my acquisitions soon. I did a good four passes seeking the BBS and the Derby delivered with very little irritation. A very nice shave finished off nicely by the Bay Rum.

Tuesday Night:

As i mentioned on a different thread, today was the day Nanny's Patchouli sample wafted up the stairs. Some folks might remember that I sometimes have bad reaction to heavy scents and that isn't just chemical perfumes, but also stuff like scented candles, incense smoke of many sorts etc. That I could smell the scent of the 60's through 2 sealed plastic zip-type bags, and the envelope, at a distance of approximately 7 metres, had me a bit concerned.

There was a bit of twitchy synapstic firing for a while, but my neck didn't feel the usual tight scrunchy grinding sensation and my headache didn't escalate beyond the reactive twitches (except when I opened the stuff up and the full smell of peace love eternal grooviness swept through the room) nothing much bad happened that was attributable to the patchouli.

So I assembled my shave stuff,

• - goldplated Gillette USAristo (1947/48)
      - Gillette 7AM super platinum (India Black)
      - Nanny's Patchouli soft soap, like, I might have already mentioned this stuff, cool?
      - Le Tuft's cosmic Cobalt Blue superBadger, far out
      - Rose Thayers' witch hazel, totally righteous man, right on.
      - Kartopu RoseWater groovy stuff, really diggin' it tonight, you know[/list:u][/list:u]

... and we all marched into the washroom like it was a University President's offices.
        • ... the pigs weren't gonna drag us out until every patch of fascist warmongering stubble had conceded to my patchouli-lather's superior karma, you dig?
          • Power to the people, baby!
              • Right on, brothers and sisters.
                • Right on![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                  • ... peace out.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

spandexcodpiece said:
Merkur blade(3)

'Evening all !

I find the Merkur blade not bad at all ! In fact, I was going to have a 4th go at it, but probably won't! Perhap's using it in a heavy, open comb razor makes it work better! It certainly doesn't seem to deserve it's poor reputation as far as my experience with it goes!!

I can get four good shaves from a Merkur, nicely.

Your opinion sounds very reasonable to me! Now there are two of us. :lol:

:lol: @ Urban Hermit that made me laugh!!!

Pre - hot shower
Proraso
Soap - Omega
Brush - Omega 10005
Razor - EJ DE89
Blade - Personna Red IP (3)
AS - Proraso
AS - Old Spice Fresh Lime

Nice cooling shave before night shift. Spent more time lathering on the Omega soap than I have before and as a result got a good 3 passes out of it. As Spandex said Proraso AS doesn't have much scent so quick splash with OS before going out the door to work. Lovely stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom