Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening shave:
Razor : Carl Monkhouse C-Mon Blackie
Brush : Thäter 26mm "Chubby"
Soap : Tabac SS
AS/Cologne : Alt Innsbruck, 444

attachment.php

First try with the Alt Insbruck, I like it...

Monday evening

Hot shower
New Forest Brush
MB Lime Ice
Derby (1)
Gillette Supespeed
Osma Alum
Proraso AS

I cracked with the MWF, the draw of the Lime Ice was too great! I've not used the Derby's for a few weeks, but they were very good to me last time, and following on from the thread in here where they're far from everyones favourite blade I thought I'd try them again. For me at least, they're a great blade! I even went ATG (very gently) on my neck for the the first time in weeks, and got no irritation at all. Much less sting from the Alum than the Superthin last night. Proraso finished it off well, refreshing the menthol from the Lime Ice.

I think this would be known as a DFS ;)

Merkur Barberpole long handle Open Comb jobbie / Merkur blade (2)
Debut of Neo custom Full bore!
Floris S/Soap
Liz Riley S/Bowl

Alum/Thayers Toner(Rose)/and later:O.S Whitewater AS. O.S Original Deodorant Body Spray

Evening all.... Guilty of using a new Hog brush and trying out a soap I am not familiar with at one and the same time, result - poor lather! I face lathered in the end and managed to salvage something. That Full bore is the stiffest thing I've had to handle since last Saturday morning :roll: . It's gonna take a lot of breaking in I should think. The Merkur 'combo' saved the day for me, I am well sure of that! Really do not know how I got there, but it all finished up in a fairly close and even shave, no nicks, irritation or soreness :?

Another all Proraso session.

Then after all the fuss of recent days I didn't check emails or go on the internet all day. A very pleasant day! Now for another shave.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tuesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Garantie
Brush: Cheapo silvertip
Soap: Nannys Yushu LE
AS: Floid
Reslut: A nice one

This blade is very nice, it´s a vintage Solingen blade made for the Swedish market (you can read faint Swedish letters on the blade, se pic two). Did some more serious scyting (sliding) moves today and it worked fine, even though some of the hard to get rid of stubble disapeared other areas was worse. I did however get two nicks :cry:
47042d1281428874-sotd-sun-august-8th-sat-august-14th-snb13098.jpg
47043d1281428874-sotd-sun-august-8th-sat-august-14th-snb13095.jpg

Bruceonshaving said:
MWF + Plisson. This soap really does get a lot better with daily usage.

Yes, I have found that. Not used my MWF for a while. Yesterday's lather was good, today's was better.

Ian

Tuesday

'59 Fatboy
Wilkinson Sword Classic Blade (1)
EJ Med Silvertip
Coates LE Cream
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Insignia AS.

this was my 1st use of the Coates and i was impressed all round. The scent is nice and a little cream provides oodles of ubercomfy, cushioning lather! Well worth it IMHO.

Tuesday

Merkur 15c head with Mühle R89 handle - Mühle R41 (OC)
Israeli blade (3 or 4)
Blue beards revenge cream
Pure badger brush
Coral skin food
Moisturiser

Nice DFS.
After a few PMs with Blyth Spirit I made the combo of Merkur and Mühle which worked very well. 3 for 2 in razors. I wonder what the R89 head would be on the merkur 15c handle?

Tuesday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Gillette Bleue Extra (2)
Omega 80056
Ginger's Garden Bay Rum & Lime Soap
Gillette Series ASB
Brut AS

Back to the Big Boys of shaving the Slant, not a bad shave with the Ginger's Garden soap, it was drying out quicky during the shave, I was adding more water during the shave but the lather was getting thin, I'll rate this shave a DFS mainly due to the Slant/GBE combo.

TTFN

Tony

Monday Night

Feather Portable on Parker handle + Feather
New Forest 2201
Palmolive stick
YSL Rive Gauche AS

First run-out for Fido's brush last night. And what a lovely brush it is too, not that I'm an expert in these matters. Did a great job with the Palmolive soap and just felt plain good. Oh, and unlike my 404 Boardger, it didn't shed a single hair. Nice one, Fido.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom