Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 5th Feb 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
You chaps (I take it you are all chaps :lol: ) post some truely inspirational photos, appart from having a Photobucket account, I wouldn't know what to do with it or how

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row 208 badger
1946-47 Aristocrat/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Caron 'Yatagan' EdT

Man, this razor/blade combo is a smooth one. Very close and comfortable shave, just like the last three days using the Aristo.

BBS results,

Martin

Done last night:

Hot face Towel
Body Shop brush :|
Liz Earle Shave Cream
Merkur 34C HD with Derby blade
Liz Earle AfterShave Balm

Three passes, down, up, sideways.

Warm water today
CADE soap
New Forest 2201
Gillette Rocket HD 500
Fresh 7am
No-brand Witch Hazel

Disaster struck as I found I was out of bay rum, I'd forgot to get some Pinaud/Benjamins sent down after coming back from holiday, not a single bottle of bay rum goodness anywhere in the house. I fought back the tears and managed to brave it out and splash some European aqua velva on.

A sad day.

Thursday, 02-10-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - TGN Silvertip Grade A - Merkur 37C Slant - Israeli Personna #2 - Pre 3P - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB Truefitt & Hill + ASL Myrsol Fórmula K.

MWF Hand Soap, Palmolive Classic SS, Simpson Special in Best,

Merkur 33c/Feather(?), Razorock Alum, L'Occitan EdT.

Had to rush out this morning so I had to settle for a DE shave.

Very quick, very handy and very smooth but back to the straight tomorrow!

Thursday:

Hot water prep
New Forest 2202 two-band
Institut Karite
Cobra Classic
razorock alum
Proraso balm
Got in a hurry today but still DFS!

Fred

Thursday

NF2201
Formula 31 Lime soap
Muhle R41 + Shark SC (2)
Formula 31 Lime A/S
Touch of proraso ASB

result: very nice shave. left super smooth and no irritation - 3 passes + touch ups. the soft soap and A/S go very well together, only my first time out with the soap. I face lathered with a dry brush initially, and I think it needed to be damp, but eventually I got a good lather. I think subsequent latherings with this and I will get it sorted. Well done Prof!

Friday

Gillette New BRW Bull Mastiff handle
Gillette 7 O'clock green
Rooney Finest 1/2
WilkoPalmSpeick*
Alum
Osage Rub

* Not much Speick left in the mix now.

Friday

Music: AllMusic Mix - Nick Warren

Merkur & Wilkinson > Omega & Martin de Candre > 4711 > Institut Karite > Terre d'Hermes

Show more

- It's true what they say: the MdC scent grows on you...
- The IK balm rocks, full snow outside today with -4 deg. C and the rich milky feeling of this balm keeps the face soft and well moisturized.
- I expected more from the 80265, perhaps it needs to go through the break-in period first in order to perform as per recommendations.

Wow, very nice picture Kostantinos!

Friday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Henks olive wood 21 mm silvertip
Razor: Henkotsu
Soap: Henks Dutch Moss
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean
Lots of "Henk" today :lol:. I do love the scent from the Dutch Moss and together with my new SWK scuttle (warm) it was a bliss to lather up, I got so much lather I also shaved my head. After that I still had plenty left and I could have done everything once more, but there´s nothing more to remove

Status
Not open for further replies.