Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 5 June 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shave of the Day. W/C Sat 5 June 2010

I haven't found Palmolive in a bowl yet, but when I do I'll snap it up as I love my stick - never fails to give a good lather.

Tuesday

EJ DE87
Gillette Platinum
Commodore
TOBS Lemon and Lime cream
RazorRock alum
Aquatonic

Whilst I admire those who chop and change their setup and frequently pick up 'lesser' brushes, I just can't do it. While I have a perfectly decent cheap Men-U brush that I was happy using for the first month or two, now I have the Commodore I don't want to use anything else, it's simply a pleasure in itself.

Anyway, I digress. Lovely shave tonight, three passes, last one XTG on my face and ATG on my neck (which I'm getting the hang of - needs an aggressive skin stretch though) which resulted in a very close and even finish with no irritation.

mugs said:
I haven't found Palmolive in a bowl yet, but when I do I'll snap it up as I love my stick - never fails to give a good lather.

You'll be looking a while... It's made by taking one (or more) Palmolive sticks and grating, slicing or otherwise moulding it (them) into a receptacle of your choice.

Wednesday

Martin de Candre - a special treat, as always. I love this stuff. The swede blade is great with the Merkur 38C and I'm still looking for an after shave balm better than my old faithful Floris Elite. And I'm actually quite glad to be back with my hard water. It gets rid of soap film so much quicker.

6.jpg

Weapon of choice: Vintage Gem Hydromatic SE razor//Gem blade
Brush : Savile Row 3120 S/T
Cream : Trumpers Coconut
and after.... : Alum // Thayers W. Hazel (Cucumber). // Gil. ASB // Pleasures for men. (Est'e Lauder) A/S

Prep: Warm wash. Dove soap. Hot flannel(2mins). After shaving, I always warm rinse followed by a cold rinse.

For a faster shave in the mornings, I find the SE razors the safest and most comfortable. I managed to give myself a CCS today! Two passes, one with, and one against the grain, and a bit of touching up around the chin and mouth area. I guess if speed was the only criteria, I could go back to cartridges for mornings, but why bother when I can get almost as close a shave with an SE in the same time,(more or less). :D

All the best guys,

spandex..

Wednesday, 06-09-10.

Soap from Aleppo in the shower - Kimson silvertip brush - English Gillette Aristocrat #21 - Astra #1 - Pre Proraso - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB Weleda + 444.

Afeitado09-06-10002.jpg

Wednesday morning (nice shot Fido!)
Pre: Hot shower
Razor Heljestrand B K 42
Brush: Ikonrazor chubby 24 mm silvertip
Soap: Cella
Astringent: Indian alum
AS: Italian Floid
Result: W O W !

That was a nice one, this razor just melts through, I´ve got some hard ass stubble in some spots, but it was like shaving a 16 yrs old kids face today :shave. Slick Cella was perfect with this one. Lovely shave this, for sure. Aaanndd it´s Miller time again and another pouch, wow, two keepers recived in just a couple of days. :D
43820d1276073849-sotd-sun-june-06th-sat-june-12th-snb11958.jpg

today was a surprisingly good one for me:

I always shave in the shower:

-face cleaned with Bull Dog Face Wash
-edwin jagger super badger lathering up C&E nomad soap
-three passes, and took one extra stab at a part of my neck that i can NEVER go against the grain on. But a nick or two aside, i was pretty much on a DFS

-post shave splash with witch hazel
-clinique post shave healer
-simple for men moisturiser

-generous application of Givenchy Insense Ultramarine

My first post in 'Shave of the day' and only my third shaving since joining the forum, so still very early days :shave

- Hot shower
- Palmolive shave stick
- Wikinson Sword boar brush
- Gillette Fusion (third shave with this blade)
- Shaved WTG & ATG
- Cold water rinse
- Clinique M Lotion moisturiser

I'm really getting into this! ;)

Wednesday

Merkur HD Classic 34C
Kai (#2)
RSC Double-concentrated cream
Kent BK4
Alum block
Simple for Men AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

I mistakenly thought the blade in my HD was a Feather. It wasn't until I was shaving and my face started stinging and going red that I realised something was wrong. Opened it up - a Kai! Oops. Face is now getting lots of TLC to calm it down and reduce the red bumps, and it's starting to look and feel a bit better now thankfully.

Wednesday Night:

- cold water
- second sample of J M Fraser shave cream, Moss Wood, with Shave & Protect Gold and Chocolat synthetic
- bakelite Minora 3-Piece mystery razor with a Sputnik Stainless with Teflon
- alum
- Thayer's Witch Hazel: Lavender
- Boots Freshwood AS stuffs

I really liked the Sputnik blade. I might need to get more of these in my fledgling stockpile.

Wednesday night

Razors: Special USA 5/8 round point followed by Gillette slim twist with Gillette Bleue Extra blade.
Soap: Palmolive
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar
Post shave: Alum rub, witch hazel splash, Gillette ASB, Aquatonic AS

13th str8 shave, not as "in depth" as last night but great practice. Cleaned up nicely with the Gillette slim twist and Bleue Extra blade, after yesterday and today's attempts with the str8 my skin was a bit more tender than normal so I added witch hazel to my normal post shave routine.

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: Vie-Long 12315
Soap: Tabac
AS: AII Osage

SPM_A1311.jpg

Honed this up on Norton 4/8k followed by Guangxi. It's not that bad at all. It's a nice razor. Certainly beats disposables.

Thursday

After a particularly crap nights sleep - or lack of it i was a bit dubious about shaving this morning! Needn't have been!

Futur (1.5)
Wilkinson Sword White label (1)
EJ Med Silvertip
SWK Scuttle
Palmolive Cream
Alum
Trimaran AS.

A suprisingly nice shave - especially as i was rushing too.

Have a good day gents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom