Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 5 June 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shave of the Day. W/C Sat 5 June 2010

Sunday, 06-06-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - Edwin Jagger DE89L - Israeli Perosonna #1 - Pre Proraso - TOBS Avocado - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB Weleda + 444.

Afeitado06-06-10002.jpg

Sunday

EJ DE87
Gillette Platinum
Trumpers Limes cream
Commodore
RazorRock alum
RSC Balm

Meh, felt okay at the time, one nick and some stinging from the alum, but the results aren't all that good - a touch weird, as it felt good when I rinsed. I'm now shaving S-N on my neck, which seems to help quell irritation on my most troublesome area.

Sunday

Somerset Oil pre-shave
Prorasso cream
Semogue 2015HD
Futur
Supermax (2)
Alum
Rose water toner
Styptic pencil :oops:

Been using the Feather Portable for a couple of weeks and it's a relatively mild, but close, shaver. Going back to the Futur and not concentrating as much as I should ended in a couple of nicks on my chin and neck - silly mistakes. Nice close shave though - and at least I bled tonight rather than going to work scabby tomorrow.

Slow Shaving said:
Saturday, 06-05-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue LE09 - Edwin Jagger DE89L - 7 O'clock yellow #3 - Pre Proraso - Cella shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Brummel + 444.

Afeitado05-06-10001-1.jpg

I see you went for a black & white "mood" shot here Slow! Quite nice for a change.. :D

spandex..

Sunday Evening

Boots Botanics Scrub
Slim (4) & Astra (4)
DRH Marl Cream & 404 Mix
Alum
OS ASL

Cream again performed well, allowing for WTG on face and neck, followed by XTG on face and SN on the neck all with a last shave blade and 18hrs stubble. Final score was 2 blood dots by the corner of mouth which were sorted out by the Alum - god bless it!

Saturday

Merkur Futur
Feather
Arko stick
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Simple for Men AS Balm
Cella Classica cologne

Sunday

1958 Gillette Fatboy
Feather
Arko stick
Kent BK4
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm
Body Shop White Musk EDT

Tried again with a freshly-honed & stropped Rolls razor today but gave up after a few strokes as it wasn't cutting anything at all. Is there anyone out there who can hone/strop a Rolls blade for me using normal tools & techniques so that I can get a shave out of the blasted thing?!

Sunday Night

Basler Stainless Steel 5/8 Straight to start
Gillette slim twist with a Super Iridium blade to clean up
Vulfix 2235 brush and Erasmic Shavebowl soap
Alum
Witch Hazel
Boots Freshwood ASB
Aquatonic AS

The straight shave improved, just, need to keep on practising, I think I need to work more on the skin stretching. The vintage Gillette finished things up well and a very close shave was achieved. However the alum rub highlighted that, between the straight and the DE shave, I had been a little heavy handed so I went for a splash of witch hazel and the trusty Boots ASB before the Aquatonic. As a result, only mild irritation.

Sunday Night:

- Lots of cold water for rinsing and dunking.
- Pre-shave consisted of just a thorough but gentle cleasing including Unscented Thayer's WH
- Semogue 2000 with La Toja shave stick
  • (my first use of one for a full shave - kinda nice)[/list:u]
    - Merkur 39c, the ol' Longslant, slotted up with a fresh Gillette Bleue Extra
    - alum
    - Thayer's WH Lemon
    - Nivea for Men Sensitive ASB
    • ... felt a bit raw after using a 'sensitive skin balm? I know I over-worked the blade/razor around the 'muzzle' area.
          • I really, really need to work on cutting that out of the 'shave regime'[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Monday
Feather Artist Club razor
Feather Professional blade
Semogue 1305 brush
L'Occitane Cade shaving soap
Old Spice aftershave

Monday

Futur
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Proraso Green Tea and Aloe Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Monday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Frederick´s Celebrated
Brush: Black badger 21 mm
Soap: Omega (Top sectret in the pic, but I took the photo yesterday and forgot what soap I used in pic this morning :eek: :oops: )
AS: Dr Harris Indian Sandalwood
Result: Very nice
Love this blade and today I had worked good with the stropp pre, leather sharpening side + leather finnishing side on my vintage ROM 45. This blade is smooth and heavy, Neil has done a fantastic work - ohh yes!! :shave
43683d1275895710-sotd-sun-june-06th-sat-june-12th-snb11848.jpg

Monday

'59 Fatboy
Wilkinson Sword White label (2)
Neo Finest 2-band
SWK Scuttle
Dr Henk's Dutch Moss Cream
Alum
DR Harris Bay Rum AS
Henk's Bay Rum ASB.

I haven't used Henk's bits for ages and had forgotten how well they work (and smell!)

Have a nice start to the week gents.

Monday

Hot towel
bj 20mm Super badger custom/MWF (lovely combination and using one of my own brushes was a treat :D )
Gillett flair/Astra ( the blade works well in this and gave a close shave)
Alum (whats left of it after dropping it last week!)
l'occitaine Cade ASB (probably my favourite)

Took my time today with 4 passes and had a great shave.
regards, beejay

Monday

Mühle R89
Israeli (2)
Super Travel brush
Trumpers Coconut Cream *
Alum
Coral Skin food

Only managed a pass and a slight touch up as *I have now finished my pot of coconut cream. Still I got a Decent shave, but not BBS. I like to dip the tip of my brush in the cream to load it, so I'll be squeezing a tube of cream into the now empty container. Probably penhaligon's opus 1870 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom