Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 5 June 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shave of the Day. W/C Sat 5 June 2010

Friday

It really is possible to enjoy completely different brushes. This Chubby 2 Best is a monster - I cannot imagine how anyone wants a Chubby 3. It is very soft now and I use it to build lather in a bowl and just paint it on. Sumptuous! As for Mr Taylor - I cannot describe the scent - just love it. And it lathers superbly and is good value at its price.

6-2.jpg

Friday
Bic Sensitive
Semogue 1305
Palmolive soap

Still grabbing the Bic for a quick shave as I still have a few lying about. It would be a shame to waste them - they were 7p each after all.

Some nice stuff lined up for tomorrow's shave.

Honest.

Re: Friday

N_Architect said:
AoS travel badger
R89 / Gillette Platinum
Gillette Sensitive sc tube
Osma Alum
TWH
Christian Dior Intense Eau de Parfum

- The water here is Shanghai is much less hard than in Riga, this makes shaving a real pleasure, can't wait to get back to Athens for even better shaves (the water there is even better);
- Next shave: at the Shangri-La Singapore.

Have a great weekend, folks.

How much shaving kit have you taken with you. I think most would just take minimal, you appear to have quite a collection on your travels.

Friday
Merkur 37c Slant
Wilkinson (1)
Pure Badger
Nanny's Citrus
alum
Coral Skin food

Just starting to get good lather with Nanny's soap now. I realised I didn't have enough water on the brush when loading it. I still get some redness using the Slant around my lower neck. Other than that just a good shave.

@Fido:

That CH2 looks a beast now it's bloomed.

I had a CH1 and it used to fling lather all over the place - ears, forehead, shoulders - so I reckon with a 3 you'd be able to lather a Wooly Mammoth in one pass.

There are folks on other forums using 'em though.

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Le Grelot
Brush: Custom 24 mmm two band finest by Chris
Soap: Nannys Eucalyptus
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Result: Ahhh, close and problem free shave!

What a nice edge and straight! The OS Fresh Lime from India have the sweetest stuff in it, I don´t know why, but it feels like skin really likes it, can´t describe it better, sorry. Good shave today and nannys soap, well, it was extremly nice. Wish Fidos brushes would arrive soon, I really would like one, I´m very eager on the fan shaped, but will buy both. I´m starting to feel I have to few brushes compared to how many razors I have :lol:
43920d1276267334-sotd-sun-june-06th-sat-june-12th-snb12032.jpg

AJP said:
Urban Hermit...SSS? I think i prefer that to BBS!! Nice one :D

You may use it, so feel free to choose it; just don't abuse it.

... maybe we can get together some other new/obscure terms, then start using them casually in other forums to seed them, and then take over the market in acronyms and abbreviations!!!

Wednesday and Thursday

EJ DE87
Gillette Platinum
Commodore
Boots soap
RazorRock alum
Aquatonic
RSC Balm

Two very nice shaves. Had a switch to the Boots soap as I wanted a change from creams and didn't fancy Palmolive. 3 passes and two damn fine shaves. Happy days.

joe mcclaine said:
spandexcodpiece said:
Hi joe !

You did say this was gonna be your new routine for busy mornings - didn't you? Have you tried an SE yet, they are pretty safe for a quicker shave a.m? You can achieve a SAS or even CCS, nice and even too - and surprisingly comfortable!

spandex.. :)

I toyed with the idea of getting a Schick Injector a while ago but just never got round to it. Aren't the blades harder to get hold of than DE blades?

Funny you should mention them joe, I have just finished unwrapping a couple of Schick's that I won on the bay. Like you, I thought I'd have a go! I have no idea if blades are hard to get hold of. I would not have thought they were though, there are a lot of these razors out there at the present time..

:cool:

Friday Night:

- Cold water on tap or rinses and dunkin's.
- Pre-shave with Simple Kind to Skin and Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel
- 4th of my Canadianaland samples J M Fraser shave creams: Oriental Spice
- Tezimel brush (£1.49 from a Turkish continental shop)
- bakelite Minora 3-Piece and a new Silver Star Super Stainless blade
- alum
- Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel
- Old Spice Whitewater AS

So far, this has been my fave of the 4 Fraser creams I've tried so far, though I still hope I've saved the best for last!

Also, the Silver Star is at least as good a shave as the Rainbow (and/or the Sputnik). I'd really like to find a dependable, 'more local than the states' source o the Lord Industries and other international blades such as the Sputniks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom