Not open for further replies.
Re: Shave of the Day. W/C Sat 5 June 2010

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Shavemac by Dovo
Brush: Ikons 24 mm silvertip with jade handle
Cream: Nannys Citrus Zinger
AS: Dr Harris Indian Sandalwood
Result: Very nice and close shave today.

Nice blade I bought on the Bay with nice/cool scales + it came shave ready enough - even though I don´t know how good an edge these normaly takes though? Nannys soap´s so nice, slick and good lather with a very nice scent indeed - it almost have a fresh citrus candy like scent and feel. Not as slick as Cella though, but no soap is :shave
43867d1276156146-sotd-sun-june-06th-sat-june-12th-snb11970.jpg

Thursday:

Hot towel
bjcustom 20mm Super Badger/DR Harris rose cream,,,thanks antdad :)
Gillette flare/Astra
Alum
L'occitaine Cade ASB

First time with the DR Harris Rose and I like it a lot. The lather is just sumptious and the smell is very pleasant.
All told, it was a pleasurable shave this morning. I'll keep the same mix tomorrow but with a fresh blade.
regards, beejay

Thursday

Futur
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Trumper Coconut Oil Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

That's more like it.

Ian

Thursday (WC-1)

Nanny's Lavender was a real star today. Mine was relocated to a 99p shop tub which contained something else originally. It works well as a container. More water on the brush than usual, a swirl in the pot then the lather was built in the bowl. And what lather! A thick, creamy, cushioning and very white lather that really is more than a match for many other popular brands. And I continue to be impressed with my New Forest fan shape prototype which is getting an extended trial.

6-1.jpg

Thursday
Gillette Sensor
Noxzema foam

Yeah, yeah . . . foam and a cartridge, but this is what I used to shave with about 15 years ago.

No blood, no irritation, no split in the fabric of time, no four horsemen.

Just a sink full of whiskers.

joe mcclaine said:
Thursday
Gillette Sensor
Noxzema foam

Yeah, yeah . . . foam and a cartridge, but this is what I used to shave with about 15 years ago.

C'MON LADS!!! WE'RE LOSING HIM! WE'RE LOSING HIM!

Ian

Nah, just a walk down memory lane.

I bought the foam for my 'ead and thought "why not?"

My clear out has literally cleared me out and I didn't have anything else to shave with at that particular time.

That is being sorted.

Mikael said:
Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Shavemac by Dovo
Brush: Ikons 24 mm silvertip with jade handle
Cream: Nannys Citrus Zinger
AS: Dr Harris Indian Sandalwood
Result: Very nice and close shave today.

Nice blade I bought on the Bay with nice/cool scales + it came shave ready enough - even though I don´t know how good an edge these normaly takes though? Nannys soap´s so nice, slick and good lather with a very nice scent indeed - it almost have a fresh citrus candy like scent and feel. Not as slick as Cella though, but no soap is :shave
43867d1276156146-sotd-sun-june-06th-sat-june-12th-snb11970.jpg

Nice looking razor Mikael, especially the scales with the large rivets! :)

joe mcclaine said:
Thursday
Gillette Sensor
Noxzema foam

Hi joe !

You did say this was gonna be your new routine for busy mornings - didn't you? Have you tried an SE yet, they are pretty safe for a quicker shave a.m? You can achieve a SAS or even CCS, nice and even too - and surprisingly comfortable!

spandex.. :)

Worried that I might run out of soaps and creams within 20 years and the rumours that have been going around one of these arrived today - courtesy of daughter visiting L'Occitane in Guildford:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://uk.loccitane.com/fo/catalog/Product.aspx?prod=20SB003LH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.loccitane.com/fo/catalog/Prod ... =20SB003LH</a><!-- m -->

Just noticed I posted on the wrong thread. It's an age thing.

Fido said:
Worried that I might run out of soaps and creams within 20 years and the rumours that have been going around one of these arrived today - courtesy of daughter visiting L'Occitane in Guildford:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://uk.loccitane.com/fo/catalog/Product.aspx?prod=20SB003LH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.loccitane.com/fo/catalog/Prod ... =20SB003LH</a><!-- m -->

Just used it Fido, I liked it. No noticeable scent but I enjoyed the lather.

spandexcodpiece said:
Nice looking razor Mikael, especially the scales with the large rivets! :)

Thank you! Yes, they must have screwed up a lot of scales in the process, very narrow fit there.

Thursday

Merkur 23c
Feather
Arko Commando cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Body Shop White Musk for Men AS Balm
Body Shop White Musk for Men EDT

I like the Arko cream, but it's STILL not a patch on the soap stick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom