Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 4th September 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
SiR-ed8 said:
Wring knot. 1 min. 6 pass. Rework 1st & 2nd pass.
The Wee works better when knot is wrung instead of being shaken 3x before dollop is applied. While I do have to rework the first two passes it's ok. At least this way the lather is moist thicker paste.

Does the wetness of the face make a difference?

Leaving the face wet for a second or two longer or starting the lather a second or two earlier could result in a teaspoon or tablespoon difference either way . . . or a whole 30ml swing.

Something to think about.

Hot shower and hot towel
Gillette sensor excel
Vulfix 404 bodger
Palmolive cream
Alum
Brut AS

Went for a 3 shave pass with still a reduction in irritation compared to the fusion, don't get me wrong I like the fusion but it's designed for a quick 1 pass and I enjoy taking a few passes. Forgot this morning the sensor needs mire attention than a fusion a have scraped skin in a few places to prove it!

Thursday

Futur
Timor
New Forest 2201
Trumper's Rose Soap
Tabac a/s

Not used the Trumper Rose for a while. It's really nice. Third shave for the Timor in the Futur, and enough is enough. The first pass pulls quite badly. Even though the job is getting done with no irritation, it's not pleasant. I will try one in another razor, at some point.

Ian

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Henckel
Brush: Ikon 24 mm chubby
Cream: Salter Sandalwood
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Mr Clean :D
48515d1284019628-sotd-sun-august-05th-sat-september-11th-snb13399.jpg

Thursday:
Hot towel
404 mix/Nanny's Yushu ( another lovely smell and excellent soap) :)
Merkur 38C/Derby (Not the best pairing for me,felt a bit scratchy and uncomfortable) :(
Alum
Porters Hired Hand

Pity about the Derby, but its OK in other razors, just not the 38C.
Coffee and work now :)
Regards, beejay

Thursday

I wasn't going to shave, but since my Simpson Beaufort B1 arrived, I just couldn't help it... :D

• Gillette Adjustable
    Gillette Super Thin Blade
    Nanny's Lavender
    Simpsons Beaufort B1
    Alum block
    Sanex Dermo active ASB
    Williams Aqua Vella AS[/list:u]

I have to say, this being my first time with a badger brush.. wow! lathers like mad, nice and soft.. really enjoyable :D
    Might be hard going back to my cheap boar brushes....

FB.

EJDE89L + Shark (4)
404 bodger + Palmolive stick
Taylors Sandlewood a/s
Trumpers Wellington cologne (a couple of hours later)

Three pass and some touching up. BBS.
It's been a while since I've used Palmolive and, like so many others have said, it's lather is perfect.

Art of Shaving pre-shave oil
Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn cream
New Forest 2201
Merkur Futur
Gillette 7 o"clock yellow
Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn after shave lotion

Same as yesterday, using samples.

Same result - smooth and comfortable. What's not to like?

Regards

Ian

Thursday.

Hot face wash and hot towel
Trumpers lime skin food.
Nanny's eucalyptus soft soap/ NF2201
56 Super speed 7 o'clock yellow (2) 4 passes plus touch up.
Alum/ proraso

I don't normally shave 2 days on the bounce, but couldn't help myself. Wanted to try the Nanny's Eucalyptus
The 7 o'clock was definitely smother today, and i found it help to may the stroke slightly faster and less tentative. Not a perfect shave but still very close, a little razor burn under right jaw line. achieved by one too many touch up passes trying to get a rough area, But certainly nothing major. The lather was better today, started with a little too wet a brush yesterday. Lesson learnt. DFS

Thursday

Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Gillette Platinum (1)
West Point Mixed Bristle
Culmak Soap
Brut AS

4 days on the bounce with the Tech now, I'm loving this razor, I have it shimed up and it goes thru the grey wire wool luvly with the Plat.

TTFN

Tony

20 mins ago!

Face wash followed by a hot towel
Body shop macca root cream
Omega 10005 brush
R89 Razor
Proraso pre/post shave
Personna red blade (new)
Proraso A/S
Body shop macca root moituriser.

Mixed up a lovely thick lather in a bowl and the rest is history :) .
A lovely smooth(ish) 2 pass shave.
Looking forward to trying out my Progress and Gillette slim adjustable razors over the weekend.

Dermot O'Logical said:
What's not to like?

• um, candied road-apples sautéed in rancid giraffe lard and washed down with Eau de Dysentery?
      • ... but why bring that up?
            • ... other than because it might be more pleasant than trying to keep it down, of course.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
              [/list:u]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom