Tuesday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Chris 24 mm finest two band
Razor: Friodur 15/16
Cream: Vulfix Rose
Strop: Neil Miller
AS: Alcolado Glacial
Result: Menthol fresh and clean :D

This cream is nice. Not as slippery as my favourite soaps but, as you can read on the tube ;), it feels like luxury to use it. What´s the best strop out there? I don´t think it can be better than this, my other five strops (two crap ones) aren´t even close.
48426d1283850537-sotd-sun-august-05th-sat-september-11th-snb13377.jpg

Does anybody else use Acca Kappa? I think it's wonderful stuff.

I had a full-on hit of it today:

Acca Kappa 1869 Cream
New Forest 2201 brush
Edwin Jagger DE87
Wilkinson Sword blade
Acca Kappa 1869 ASB
Acca Kappa 1869 cologne

So I'm completely Acca Kappa'd up. I'm even tempted to buy the shower gel as well.

I don't get out much at the moment.

Tuesday:
Hot towel
Unknown bristle/Nanny's Citrus Zinger,,very nice it is too :)
Merkur 38C/Jewel
Alum
Porters Hired Hand
Interesting and enjoyable shave today. :)
Like the Nanny's!!,,My first time :shock: .. very slick, creamy, and zingy, and Im looking forward to trying the other samples I received, thanks again Urban.
regards, beejay

Monday Evening

Merkur HD + Feather (2)
404 Boardger
MdC soap
Rive Gauche splash

Good.

I got a strange hint of dettol from the MdC, but the lather -- as ever -- was excellent.

Tuesday morning

Hot Shower
NF 2201
La Toja stick
Gillette SS
Red Persona (2)
OS Lime AS

The La Toja was in use within 15 minutes of it dropping through the door! Ad very impressed I was too! I didn't use any Proraso cream first and I found the La Toja very moisturising, my face didn't feel at all tight afterwards. A good buy, thanks to krf1963 :)

Tuesday afternoon.

Pre Hot towel/ trumpers lime skin food
Soap Palmolive cream with NF2201
Razor 1956 Super speed/ Personna red (2)
Post Alum/ Proraso pre post cream menthol L'oreal moituriser.

Well the SS FT turned up this morning, and what a thing of beauty. I took the Personna that i used yesterday and away i went. I found it superb giving better feed back of blade angle that the 38R, and i know i'm new to all this but i would say it was a very mild razor. when the angle was right it cut very well. I actually found i got my first little area of razor burn on my neck, nothing major and it was in an area that had a few touch up strokes trying to get the last bit of stubble. The alum wasn't bad just a slight tingle, so i am very happy. After applying the proraso and moituriser i have to say what a close shave.
I am certainly going to enjoy using this new toy.
Thanks again Ids

Monday

New Forest 2201
Klauberg Damascene 5/8 spike

Arko shave stick
Taylor's sandalwood aftershave

Arko: to mangle a W C Fields line, that's the latheringest stuff I ever did see. Honestly, I'm amazed by it.

Arrowhead said:
Monday

New Forest 2201
Klauberg Damascene 5/8 spike

Arko shave stick
Taylor's sandalwood aftershave

Arko: to mangle a W C Fields line, that's the latheringest stuff I ever did see. Honestly, I'm amazed by it.

I like the old Arko as well. Great as a stick or mashed into a bowl ;)

Bluesday Night:

• - Gillette Blue Tip loaded witha Gillette Bleue Extra
    - Park Avenue Cool Blue shave cream & Le Tuft Cobalt Blue custom
    - Thayers' witch hazel: Lavender
      • (mix blue with red properly and this results)[/list:u][/list:u]
        - Kartopu Kolonya Gül Suyu Turkish rose-water
          • (this was the red I mixed with the blue to get the Lavender Thayers'
              • ... honest![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

If you want a MENTHOL-MEGABLAST sort of a shave cream, this ain't it! But It does make for a nice cool refreshing cold-water/final rinsing phase to the shave.
                  • Less fake-y-perfume-y than the other Park Avenue cream I have, Cool Blue is mild, and un-assumingly cool - much like me.
                        • :cool: [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Tuesday, 09-07-10. MUSIC: The Rolling Stones_LP Between the Buttons.

Soap from Marseille - Vie-Long horse hair - Edwin Jagger DE89L - Treet #1 - Pre Proraso - Col Conk Almond - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Gravity_Coty + ASB Institut Karité.

Afeitado07-09-10004.jpg

Tuesday

Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Gillette Nacet Platinum (2)
West Point Mixed Bristle
Gingers garden Bay Rum & Lime Soap
Superdrug Forest Fresh AS

Finally managed to get a good lather out of the soap, its needs water lots of water to make a nice creamy lather, apart from that the FH Tech and GNP are a superb couple and a BBS was had :shave .

TTFN

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom