Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 4th September 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
EJDE89L + Shark (1)
Semogue 1460 + MWF
Witch Hazel + Coral skin food
Caron Pour Homme EDT

Third outing with MWF and I'm not convinced yet. It smells a bit unusual but ok (might grow on me) but I'm having to load the brush much more than with other soaps to get a decent lather. I know that's not uncommon. I ended up with a close shave and no nicks and that's the main thing!

P1090846.jpg

Monday

6/8 Royal Warmar
Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood Cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Boots Distilled Witch Hazel
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS balm
Blue Stratos AS

Monday Evening:

• - Gillette Rocket HD slotted up with a Wilkinson Sword Premium Plus
    - Gatsby with Plant Extract shave cream & Le Tuft Cobalt Blue
    - Lemon Thayers' Witch Hazel
    - Kartopu Kolonya Limon AS[/list:u]

Not having had many shaves witht my Rocket yet, perhaps I should have chosen a different one for trying a new (to me) blade... The shave felt fine as it was occurring. A few moments after I had finished the shave, and was just getting started on my rinsing prior to the Thayers' application, along the left side (mostly) of the jawline, in a swathe about 2 inches wide, my skin looked like blood was seeping up out of a sponge.

Copius splashes of cold water later followed by the WH & then the Limon, it looked as though the bloodflow had been stemmed, but it was starting to feel like it had looked - raw and tender, with a texture like coarsely ground hamburger. On went the Double Action Nivea ASB.
      • ... then a bit of water to ease the balm too. As the water evaporated from my skin, it felt much better.[/list:u][/list:u]

Odd ...
          • :? [/list:u][/list:u]

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: Simpsons Wee Scot
Cream: C.O.Bigelow
ASB: C.O.Bigelow Red Elixir
Cologne: C.O.Bigelow Red Elixir

SPM_A2882.jpg

Shake 3x. 1min 25. 5 pass. Dry second pass. Rework 2nd pass.

Tuesday:
Sensor (Chatsworth handle)
Duke 2 Best
D R Harris Almond soap

Face-lather, one-pass, 90 seconds, done.

Tuesday

Pre shower and trumpers coral skin food
Gillette fusion gamer
Vulfix 404 Bodger
TOBS Jermyn Street
Boots witch Hazel
Old Spice Whitewater AS
Nivea AS Balm sensitive

Bit of irritation today, it seems the bottom inch of my beard must grow in a different direction to the rest of it and this is where the irritation is, got the angle wrong today.

The vulfix continues to impress I'm finding I have to use less cream then my EJ as the same amount whips far to much up!

Have a great day, I'm going to be in the rain for most of it.

Gillette Superspeed Flair Tip
Gillette Bleue
Kent BK8
Coates Almond
Old Spice
Nivea Creme

Since taking inspiration from SirPrize to shim up the Superspeed, I find it provides a great shave for me. I've always liked the size and balance of a Superspeed but always found the shave too mild... I now find I get an excellent shave in two passes, which is nice.

Tuesday

Futur
Timor Blade
New Forest 2201
Cella
Old Spice Whitewater a/s

Got a sample pack of the Timor blades to try from Connaught. First pass was a bit tuggy but ok. Second pass and touch up were fine. I'll see how it goes.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom