Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 31st July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
simmo3801 said:
I found going right back to basics helped me. Take away witch hazel, alum, AS, ASB and just shave ie just hot shower or flannel, shaving cream or soap and razor. Hot followed by cold water rinse. Once things settle down again you can begin to reintroduce the witch hazel, alum (if you use any), AS and balm. When I started I couldn't use AS on my neck or it would be a red lumpy mess. Now its all I use. Calms and smooths my face. Before I was using Thayers witch Hazel before and after, alum and aftershave balm for sensitive skin. I was guilty of reading everyones experiences and trying everything myself. Sometimes we can use too much!

Hi simmo!

Yeah, the variety of both Hardware, and Software can make for a bewildering choice sometimes! But of course these choices are right at the heart of our "hobby", as it were, and is what makes it all so fascinating and interesting. It all takes a long time to sort out our own ,very personal, likes and dislikes, and just when we think we've cracked it, a few more ideas and suggestions are made by the members, and off we go again - great stuff eh? It also takes time to get it all right to a consistent level of satisfaction. It's a good journey though isn't it? :shave :D

Wednesday

Gillette slim twist with a superthin blade (1)
Vulfix 2235
TOBS Mr Taylor cream
Alum
Hombrew herby rum AS
Gillette series ASB

Shave #2 had an email from the office advising me of an earlier start than I had anticipated so decided to shave tonight and as this mornings straight shave wasn't as close as my DE shaves are there was enough to get shot of! 2.5 passes to get a BBS but with some irritation due to the sequence of events. The Alum told me fair and square that I've pushed it a bit far but my herby rum as is a quarter witch hazel and quite calming.

The interesting thing is that although I have a bit of irritation its nothing like the burn I used to tolerate when using a Wilkinson sword quatro!

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: New Forest Superior 2201
Soap: Ginger's Garden Clove
AS: AII Osage

SPM_A2242.jpg

Thursday

Pre-shave: Proraso sensitive
Razor/blade: 34G/Rubie
Brush: Semogue Owners Club
Soap: Tabac
After shave: Tabac
After shave balsam: Speick
Cologne: Terre d'Hermes EdP

Another close shave. This soap is very good. Use of Proraso pre, little pressure and shaving with the grain in sensitive neck areas continue to bring very good results.
Question now is what will happen if I change any of those parameters.

Hi simmo!

Yeah, the variety of both Hardware, and Software can make for a bewildering choice sometimes! But of course these choices are right at the heart of our "hobby", as it were, and is what makes it all so fascinating and interesting. It all takes a long time to sort out our own ,very personal, likes and dislikes, and just when we think we've cracked it, a few more ideas and suggestions are made by the members, and off we go again - great stuff eh? It also takes time to get it all right to a consistent level of satisfaction. It's a good journey though isn't it?

It's been a great journey so far helped along by the advice and pointers here! Plenty more miles to go (all being well!)

Thursday

Trumper Razor
Swede
New Forest 2201
Coates Tea Trea Cream
Old Spice Whitewater*

*Mrs.M picked some of the OS up for me so I decided to give it a try. I like the scent, and it seems to have done a good job. I'll just have to see how my face reacts during the day.

Ian

Thursday

futur
super thin
new forest 2201
nannys juniper shaving soap
alum
old spice fresh lime

First time using a super thin in the futur ,but it felt ok. Fido performed admirably as usual .I got amongst other things some of Nanny's silly juniper soap ,I'd finished the Yushu batch and I needed some more. The soap performed beautifully lathering up really thick and quickly ,did it seem a bit creamier ?.The scent is different to the Yushu batch though ,its not as nearly as strong..Its fresh and light. I liked the strong smell of Yushu but it might not have suited all tastes .It definitely made me think of gini & tonic :) Yes we drink gin and tonic in Ireland its not all whiskey(uisce beatha) ,poitin and Guiness . Sharon did warn me that the juniper oil batch smelled a bit different , and that it would'nt be exactly the same as Yushu . I like it , a lot. Its good stuff.
Finished up with a rub of alum a cold,cold rinse and a good dash of Old spice fresh lime .

enjoy the day gents

Damian

Much much better shave today!

EJ D89
Iridium super
TOBS Jermyn st
Alum
Nivea ASB

Like I said much better today I'm guessing the change in cream and blade really helped, managed to nick myself and have some irritation but nothing compared to yesterday!

Thursday, 08-05-10.

Soap from Marsella 72% palm oil - Rooney 1/1 Best badger - Edwin Jagger DE89L - Astra #1 - Pre Proraso - Valobra - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASL La Toja + ASB La Toja.

Afeitado05-08-10002-1.jpg

Thursday midday
Pre: Shower
Razor: W&B India Steel
Brush: Ikon chubby silvertip
Soap:Omega
AS: Old Spice Musk

Result: Very, very good one :shave

This blade is funny, it´s an extra hollow one, but heavy like a wedge, stiff like a wedge and silent like a wedge. But boy did she give a killer shave today, smooooth and super clean - Neil put an extremly nice edge on her :D
46765d1281011808-sotd-sun-august-1th-sat-august-7th-bild-010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom