Not open for further replies.
Thursday

Gillette Super Speed E4
Feather (1)
Chinese Badger
TBS Macca Root Cream
Boots Fresh Wood ASB
Superdrug Forest Fresh AS

Received the SS today from Pedro83 as a PIF, so cleaned it and loaded up a Feather and oft I jolly well went, a lovely shave, very smooth nearly a BBS, I added a few drops of M-Bomb to the Macca Root and didn't get any menthol coming thru, it was a bit cooling so I will have to experiment with this, I have to say I'm liking the Gillette mild shavers atm the SS & Tech will always be in my rotation.

TTFN

Tony

Thursday

Ever Ready 1912
GEM SE blade
MWF Soap
Vulfix No.5 pure bristle
Alum block
Simple for Men AS Balm
Cella cologne

Treated myself to Mitchell's Wool Fat soap in the ceramic dish from Paul at Connaught, and glad I did. What a wonderfully rich, creamy, cushioning & slick lather it produces. Really impressed by it, especially after reading so many people say that they were disappointed by it & couldn't get it to lather. It obviously works superbly with Leith water :D

(No straight shave tonight after I got careless and cut myself twice last night just a few cm's apart. Leaving the cuts to heal before I accidentally add any more!)

nightbreed said:
This morning

attachment.php

Amund
Fantastic PHOTO!!!!!

Thursday

Pre: ESPA shaving mud
Fido 2201
Nannys Yushi Soap
EJ mastiff + Iridium (4)
Thayers Lemon
MenU Moisturiser

I havent used Nannys soap in ages and forgot just how good it was. A good job all round.

Thursday Evening

EJ 87 + Super Iridium (2)
Vulfix 404 Boardger
Irisch Moos stick
D R Harris Arlington AS

The EJ really is too easy. As effortless and effective as the Sensor. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Not sure why I've taken to face lathering recently - a combination of laziness and novelty value, perhaps. In any case, the Irisch Moos provides a very good lather, even though it smells like one of those toilet freshener thingys (I actually prefer the scent of its brother, Tabac - it's really grown on me).

Fancied a citrusy hit tonight, hence the refreshing Arlington.

Thursday 2pm

Hot shower
New Forest Brush
MB Dublin Tweed
Gillette Superthin (1)
Merkur 39C
Osma Alum
OS Lime

I left out the Proraso cream today as it completely overwhelmed the Tweed yesterday, so i was able to enjoy it's subtle aroma and nice lather in peace today! I've not used the Slant for a couple of weeks and tried a Superthin (courtesy of my mate Simmo :cool: - nice combination, I'm probably trying too many razors with too many blades using too many soaps right now, but hey, I'm having fun ;)

Lots of OS after the Alum, lovely ;)

Friday

EJ DE89L
Merkur Super (3)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
ToOBS Cream (Mr Taylor) - phew, the end is definitely tomorrow!

Fresh Wood AS
Imperial Leather Talc

Again very good.

Used the talc as a dusting, after the AS had settled in a bit, and I am rather pleased with the result. Go on, give it a whirl.

My face is extremely smooth again today and I am thrilled.

Friday

Trumper Razor
Swede
New Forest 2201
Coates Ltd Edition Tea Tree Cream
Old Spice Whitewater a/s

A nice shave at the beginning of what is already turning out to be a pretty crap day.

The Whitewater didn't give me any issues yesterday, so I am trying it again today. I'm rather surprised by it, in a good way.

Ian

Friday
Hot towel,
Unknown bristle/Valobra ( whipped up a great lather)
Gillette flare/Personna (Very comfortable and smooth)
Alum
Porters Hired Hand ( Lovely rich, spicey almost medicinal scent with no burn,,great :) )

Todays was good
regards, beejay

Naked Ape said:
In any case, the Irisch Moos provides a very good lather, even though it smells like one of those toilet freshener thingys (I actually prefer the scent of its brother, Tabac - it's really grown on me).

Hmm Interesting Nape...would it qualify as Arko's little brother? I love that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom