Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Merkur 15c
Derby Extra #2
Vulfix 2235
Boots soap (bowl)
Alum
Azzaro pour homme Pre-electric as Aftershave splash

The razor and blade combo isn't great I thought I would revisit Derby blades as my opinion of them was formed before my technique became passable. While they may not be as bad as I originally thought they certainly aren't one of the better blades for me. I shall try one with my Futur as that's a razor which seems to bring out the best in any blade but not the bestest shave today.

The Azzaro pre-electric works OK as an AS spash.

Saturday
Hot Towel
Ever Ready 12a/GF Trumper Coconut Oil Cream
Gillette flare/Crystal
Alum
Nivea Replenishing ASB

Brush and cream produced a rich, sumptious and slick lather and the blade gave me a a very smooth shave. The Coconut isn't strong on scent but its one of my favourites, a sort of special treat cream :)
An excellent start to the day.
regards, beejay

Saturday

EJ Chatsworth
Wilkinson Sword Classic blade. (1)
Neo Finest 2-Band
Mama Bears Spellbound Woods
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Floid Original AS.

Well, i am now a Mama Bear convert. This is the 1st time i have tried one of these and it lathers like a dream, creates really slick slippery lather and has left my face feeling awesome. May have to pop over to Badger & Hone to see if they have any left :D . If not wait with eager anticipation for their next delivery.

Have a good day gents.

Saturday

Mach 3
New Forest 2201
Cella
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb

Have a wedding to attend this afternoon/evening, so needed a nice close shave with a reduced risk of any accidents. Cue the Mach 3.

Haven't decided which edt/cologne to wear, but Czech & Speake #88 is looking favorite, with Penhaligons English Fern and Trumper's Spanish Leather close behind.

Ian

IanM said:
Haven't decided which edt/cologne to wear, but Czech & Speake #88 is looking favorite, with Penhaligons English Fern and Trumper's Spanish Leather close behind.

All good choices, Ian.

After a week of rushed/no shaves, I had a nice one lined up for Saturday morning...

Superspeed with a Personna for face
Mach 3 for head
Proraso preshave
Headslick and Poraso superlather
Floid Original AS
Nivea Cool Kick balm (a bit superfluous)
Eau Sauvage EDT

Am taking the wife out for dinner so I might even shave again before I go.

Saturday, 07-31-10. Spanish shaving stuffs.

Soap from Marseille 72% Palm - Vie-Long horse hair "despuntada" - Rocket HD 500 - Shark #2 - Pre Proraso - LEA Mentholated - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Floïd Vigoroso + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado31-07-10003.jpg

Pre - hot shower
Brush - Omega 10005
Soap - Mama Bears Dublin Tweed
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Personna Red IP (4)
AS - Aqua Velva
AS - Taylors Bay Rum

Well first impressions are that I prefer Dublin Tweed to yesterdays Spellbound Woods. It has a very subtle scent. I like it. Lathered a treat almost instant creamy rich lather from the pot. Super slick in action even with a well used Red IP. Three passes and virtually a BBS with no irritation at all. Finished up with Aqua Velva, which was a PIF from Damian Murphy (thank you), very little sting but a lovely burst of coolness after. Not over the moon with the scent but it quickly went so added some of Taylors Bay Rum from a sample.
One of the best shaves since I started De shaving a few months ago!

Saturday

Merkur 39C Slanthammer
Kai (1)
Omega Pro #49
Arko SS(milled into a bowl)
Boots Freshwood ASB
Clubman Special Reserve AS

This is what a DE shave is all about, smooth and close with no irritation, a beautiful shave with the Slant/Kai combo and the Arko is great anytime, off to see my parents later and will give my dad a pack of GBE to use in his Old Type just to see how he likes them.

TTFN

Tony

brush - unknown boar
soap - pecksniff's oriental
razor - ever ready 1912
blade - gem ss (1)
aftershave - avon blue rush

After using straights for the past few weeks the 1912 is a joy to handle.

Friends 30th birthday tonight. Wasn't sure which cologne to go for. No.88 was high on the list and it's been mentioned too many times on this page to ignore. So no88 it is.

Got my 40's superspeed back a few days ago after months on loan, yay!

Saturday AM

EJ DE89L
Crystal IP (1)
Simpson's Major, Best
ToOBS (Mr Taylor) Cream

EJ Sandalwood ASM

All change today, I had wanted to give the Lord Tech a bit longer but it was giving me too many nicks and niggles. It probably is just too light for me.

My debut with a Crystal and it's ok, not sensational but ok.

I need to hammer this Mr Taylor's cream, there is about two weeks' worth left in the tub and I need to clear out some space. Some other stuff will be PIF'd or traded.

Major Beeching's best idea worked very well again; most impressive.

All in all a very satisfactory shave.
:)

Plisson Pur Blaireau #10 : Veiga 7/8 : Proraso Pre : Plisson SS : Myrsol K ASL

DSCN4250.jpg

After a cleaning and sanding work (without mechanical aid), the razor has come back to the shaving world, the blade was very damaged, rusty and with 2 nicks...once I have given a fine edge with only a coticule,....the razor rewards me with a great shave, BBS, comfort and satisfaction....This razor was made in Solingen for a Spanish company that solds products to the King of Spain (the grandpa of the actual King), between 1905 and 1930,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom