Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 31st July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday

Kropp 6/8 Round point : 2 Passes
Merkur Futur #3 Derby Blade #3 : 1 and a bit Passes
Vulfix 2235
Palmolive Uber Lather (Soap, Cream and a dash of extra glycerine)
Alum
Azzaro Splash (Pre electric but works OK as an AS/cologne)

A good straight shave but I needed to get on this morning so I limited myself to 2 straight passes and then a quick Futur clean up. The lather was good and as so often happens the Futur brought the best out of the blade.

simmo3801 said:
Pre - Hot Shower
Soap - Mama Bears Spellbound Woods
Brush - Vulfix 404 Boadger
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Personna Red IP (1)
AS - "Mentholated" Floid Blue

... with a couple of mentholated crystals added. After a brief eye watering I was rewarded with an intense cooling sensation - nice :cool:

Where do you get that stuff Nigel (the mentholated crystals, from your meth lab)? I sure could use that in some of mine AS:s.

Mikael

I got them at a local large chain supermarket pharmacy. They come in a small tub for £1.57. Also available on ebay but you should get them in a pharmacy. They're mainly used for adding to hot water for steam inhalation. Use sparingly my friend!!!!!!!!!
I just find that whilst Proraso, Floid and Aqua Velva are good they could sometimes use a little boost...... :eek:

Sunday:
AoS lavander soap/New Forest finest badger brush/Gillette Gold Tech Fat handle/C&E Nomad ASB
P1090519.jpg

Saturday Evening

.....I'm currently running about 24 hours behind here!

Hot shower
Proraso pre/post shave cream
New Forest Brush
Proraso soap
Feather (4)
Superspeed
Proraso AS
Proraso pre/post shave cream

My Proraso shave! And very good it was too!I've read elsewhere on here of late that someone found little benefit in using the cream pre-shave, but as it's supposed to open the pores I thought I'd give it a go. I find it lovely stuff, feels expensive and had a nice cooling effect and served to soften my beard. The shave went very well, even with a 4 shave old blade, and the AS was nice, then after about 10 minutes I put some more cream on and the cooling effect lasted a long time. Very satisfying shave :cool:

Sunday Afternoon:

- Schick Krona no idea what year or such
  • - Iridium Super, which is normally a good enough blade[/list:u]
    - Nanny's Lavender soap
    • - le Tuft Cobalt Blue SuperBadger[/list:u]
      - Lavender Thayers' witch hazel
      - Alcoloado Glacial AS

Query:

Is there any specific way one should shave with a Schick Krona? I ask because this was, wihout a doubt, the absolutely worst shave with an Iridium Super I've ever had so far in my wet shave experience. They've been fine in the other razors, as has all other elements of tonight's shave,

hm: what? the blade should be more parallel to the skin?
      • ... or more perpindicular to it?
            • ... or turned to a different angle of attack to the hair - say NNE to SSW instead of a N to S pass and such?[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Sunday

Proraso Pre/post
Fido 2201
MWF
EJ Mastiff + Iridium (2)
Thayers Alcohol free with Aloe
ESPA Moisturiser

An excellent shave, 2 passes wtg, xtg plus minor touch ups.

Urban Hermit said:
            • ... or turned to a different angle of attack to the hair - say NNE to SSW instead of a N to S pass and such?[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• From SMF: "It has a flatter head then most TTO Gillettes, and this necessitates a slightly different angle"

This is triggering "rememberies" that the handle was more parallel to my face than with the Gillette for some reason. "Rememberies" could be wrong though.

hunnymonster said:
Urban Hermit said:

• From SMF: "It has a flatter head then most TTO Gillettes, and this necessitates a slightly different angle"

This is triggering "rememberies" that the handle was more parallel to my face than with the Gillette for some reason. "Rememberies" could be wrong though.

• Cheers, hunny.
                • ... or as Bob Hope used to sing:[/list:u][/list:u]

[color=#FF00BF][b]Bob Hope sharpened his voice under his ski-slope and it semi-musically[/b][/color] said:
                  Thannnnnnnnnks, for the rememberies!

Monday

EJ DE89L
Crystal IP (3)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
ToOBS Cream (Mr Taylor) - this tub may just see the week out.

Tabac AS

Nothing to say really, apart from a very good shave.

The Lord Tech will now be relegated and confined to the further recesses of the stash; as much as I like it, it is much too light for me. It demands extra pressure which in turn means nicks. Hey ho! :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom