Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 31st July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday Night:

• - le Tuft Cobalt Blue superbadger
    • - last of my last J M Fraser cream sample,
        • alas, the Polar Ice, it is no more.[/b][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
          - Gillette 1947/48 gold Aristocrat slotted up with a Lord Super Chrome
          - Lavender Thayers' witch hazel
          - Aloclado Glacial "the air-conditioner in a bottle"[/list:u]

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: New Forest Superior 2201
Cream: TOBS Almond
AS: AII Osage

SPM_A2133.jpg

Sunday

Merkur 39C Slanthammer
Feather
New Forest 2201
Monsavon Soap
Tabac a/s

Having read that people seem to get good results with the Monsavon, I decided to give it another go and got a much better result. It seems that it doesn't like water too much, so ended up adding none whilst building the lather.

Used Tabac a/s splash, just to see what happens to my face later in the day.

Ian

IanM said:
Having read that people seem to get good results with the Monsavon, I decided to give it another go and got a much better result. It seems that it doesn't like water too much, so ended up adding none whilst building the lather.Ian
Glad you seem to be getting on better with it. I haven't used mine for a couple of weeks now (if ever there was a sign that you had too many soaps / creams that would be it :lol: ).

Sunday

EJ Chatsworth
Wilkinson Sword Classic blade (2)
New Forest 2201
Kell's Original (Hemp / Aloe blend - Ancient Sedona)
Alum
Adidas Action AS.
Nivea ASB

I may have been rather over enthusiastic shaving the neck area as it is a touch sore at the moment. Oh well.

Enjoy your Sunday gents.

Sunday midday
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Mappin & Webb 6/8
Brush: New Forrest finest twoband
Soap: Omega
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Result: Wonderful

We´re at the country side and we´re having lazy days and I´m having looong shaves :shave. Very slow connection out here though, today is the first time I´ve got a good enough connection to upload anything. Decided to go for a close one today and I made it good thanks to my trustworthy Mappin (thanks to Neil, who picket her out and restored her very, very nicely). Excellent day and shave today, thanks for all the nice pics and SOTD posts, I can still watch most days :D
46527d1280660640-sotd-sun-august-1th-sat-august-7th-bild-002.jpg

Sunday

Futur
Swede (1)
No Name Badger Brush
Speick Cream
Thayers Medicated Superhazel
Aqua Velva

Top notch. First use of a Swede very very smooth although I did get a few nicks. Gonna do a text against Bleue Extras.

First use of Aqua Velva in months. Works like a dream however I had a funny sensation today. Because the AV is so cold it made the rest of my body feel like it was burning up.

Sunday, 08-01-10.

Soap from Marseille 72% Palm - Semogue 2000 - Merkur Slant - Iridium Super #1 - Pre Proraso - TOBS Avocado - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Floïd Vigoroso + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado01-08-10002.jpg

Sunday

EJ DE87
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Omega Pro #49
Culmak Soap
Boots Freshwood ASB
Pinaud Clubman AS

This was the same blade I had a mediocre shave with in the Slanthammer the other day, I can confirm its a bad blade, I can even have a good shave with a Lazer orTopaz in this razor. I also got the Culmak out today as I don't want to use my monsavon up to early, a very nice and slick lather from the soap still didn't help the shave a few roughish bits left and a few sore bits on the face [I know I should have binned it, but for how much these blades cost I carried on], anyway a better shave than the slant using this blade but I've had much better using as I said above a Lazer or Topaz, the black has been relegated to blade bank.

TTFN

Tony

Pre - Hot Shower
Soap - Mama Bears Spellbound Woods
Brush - Vulfix 404 Boadger
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Personna Red IP (1)
AS - "Mentholated" Floid Blue

The scent of Spellbound Woods is growing on me. It's quite a musky scent which had me wondering if the smell was coming off my boar brush the first time I used this. This is the easiest to lather soap I have used in the few months I have been DE shaving. Within 10 - 15 secs there was rich creamy lather flowing over the top of the tub. I face lathered this instead of using a bowl and easily had enough for 3 passes. Superb lubrication and cushioning. I can't believe how good this Mama Bears soap is!
The "mentholated" Floid is a small screw top bottle half full of Floid blue with a couple of mentholated crystals added. After a brief eye watering I was rewarded with an intense cooling sensation - nice :cool:

Sunday Afternoon

MWF wash soap
No Date SS & Super Thin (3)
GFT Violet & EJ BB
Alum
GFT Coral Skin Food

A couple of firsts for me here. First go with this razor, which went well. The violet was a sampler and really nice stuff - as long as you like Parma Violets that is :D

The Skin Food was also a sampler and was, i think, a bit on the rosy-side? But hey, I can carry it off :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom