Sunday
Merkur 15c
Israeli Blade (1)
Penhaligons opus 1870
GFT Pure Badge brush
Coral Skin food (pre and post)
Alum
Moisturiser

Not a great shave. Mainly due (I hope) to lack or beard prep, usualy I shave straight from the shower, this was an afternoon shave. Still acceptable if I was working in an office or something.

Monday midday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Ikon chubby silvertip
Razor John Nesbitt´s Crown razor 13/16
Soaps: Nannys Ecualyptus + Palmolive = super/rich/slick lather
AS: Alcolado Galcial
Result: Very clean

When we went to our countryside place I forgot a strop :evil:, but I bought some really cheap belts (less than two £ together on a flee market), one leather and one cotton and they actually work very well. Shave was very close on the face and an ok head shave, the lather could have gone to another pass, I did 2 1/2 on the face and two on the head
:shave
46608d1280748263-sotd-sun-august-1th-sat-august-7th-bild-004.jpg

Monday
DE87 with Feather blade
Simpson Tulip brush
Mitchell's Woolfat soap
Czech & Speake #88 cologne

Monday

EJ Chatsworth
Wilkinson Sword Classic blade (3)
Neo Finest 2-band
Arko Soap
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Boots Forest AS.
Nivea ASB.

Monday, 08-02-10.

Soap from Marseille 72% Palm oil - Brush The Grosvenor + TGN UK Super Badger - Merkur Slant - Iridium Super #2 - Pre Proraso - TABAC - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Floïd Vigoroso + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado02-08-10001.jpg

Pre - hot shower
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - Mama Bears Spellbound Woods
Razor - 38C
Blade - Personna Red IP (2)
As - Proraso followed by TOBS Bay Rum

Excellent DFS. Having hand lathered the 1305 most of last week used it this morning and it's nearly there. Again only about 15 secs on the MB to get a lather, then face lathered which I'm enjoying more than bowl lathering at the moment. Probably because I just bought a proper shaving bowl!!!!! Enough lather for 2 passes and a jawline touch up.

Monday

PAL Injector-matic
Feather SE blade (adapted) (1)
Omega Pro #49
Monsavon bol à raser
G Bellini Ice AS

After reading in some shaving forums about adapting the Feather SE blades [the ones used in fromms/cobra classic and dovo shavettes] to fit injectors, I thought I would have a go as I had some lying around, so a pair of tin snips later I loaded one into the PAL and a remarkable close smooth shave was had, not quite a BBS, didn't even bother with ASB because the shave was that smooth.

TTFN

Tony

Monday

Merkur 15c OC
Israeli (2)
Pure Badger
Coates Limited edition cream *
Alum
Coral skin food

* I knew this new Coates shaving would arrive today, so I left my shave until it arrived. Most of the cream was in the lid due to transit. I got as much as I could into the pot from scooping with my hands and wiped some on my face to build a lather. Not the best way to do it. A great shave and reasonable lather. I'm not great on afternoon shaves without a shower first. Today while not great still gave my a DFS/BBS.

Tomorrow (following a few PMs with Blyth Spirit) I will use the head of the Merkur 15c on the handle of my Mühle R89, which should give me a Mühle R41.

Thumbs up for the new Coates BTW

Monday

Hot Shower
EJ D89L Chrome Lined
Derby Extra
EJ BBB
EJ Aloe Cream
Nivea Sensitive

This was my first "proper" shave, I started last week with bad results (I think mainly from using a disposable monday and tuesday) and bad razor rash. I gave my face the weekend to recover and today shaving was a pleasure very close and still smooth at 5, I went With the grain then across and finally as my neck area wasn't having it, against the grain, this gave a little irritation in the neck area but nothing to what i'd usually have and much smoother!

I'm now a convert and was planning my next shave 5 minutes after i'd finished and more so after my new creams, blades and alum arrived. :D

Attempted with Wilkinson "Xtreme" disposable, then aborted and finished off with a Superspeed w/ Personna for face and head.
Brush free!
Proraso preshave
Headslick
Old Spice AS
Old Spice cologne.

The Xtreme are probably the worst disposables i've used. They seem awfully blunt. They're actually the wife's and after this morning's attempt, she can keep them.

I've been thoroughly scanning through the SOTD threads here but also at B&B lately, and have to say that our fellow members from south-western Europe have been consistently posting some excellent SOTDs.

Very nice well then, Teiste and du212!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom