Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 31st July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found going right back to basics helped me. Take away witch hazel, alum, AS, ASB and just shave ie just hot shower or flannel, shaving cream or soap and razor. Hot followed by cold water rinse. Once things settle down again you can begin to reintroduce the witch hazel, alum (if you use any), AS and balm. When I started I couldn't use AS on my neck or it would be a red lumpy mess. Now its all I use. Calms and smooths my face. Before I was using Thayers witch Hazel before and after, alum and aftershave balm for sensitive skin. I was guilty of reading everyones experiences and trying everything myself. Sometimes we can use too much!

Wednesday midday
Pre: Hot shower and proraso
Razor: Frederick´s The Old English Razor
Brush: Semouge 2000
Soap: Nannys Citrus Zinger
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Result: Very clean and relaxing shave

One of my favourite razor, near wedge and super smooth -thank you Neil for putting this edge on it!
46716d1280914301-sotd-sun-august-1th-sat-august-7th-bild-009.jpg

Wednesday,08- 03-10.

Soap from Marseille 72% Palm oil - Rooney 1/1 Best badger - Edwin Jagger DE89L - Personna Roja #1 - Pre Proraso - Gibbs Nº 53 shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASL Gravity by COTY US + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado04-08-10001.jpg

Wednesday

Hot shower
Bassler 5/8 round point stainless
Vulfix 404 boar
Palmolive soap
Alum
Azzaro pour homme splash

A DFS don't think I'll ever get s straight shave as smooth as a DE one but that's not necessarily the point!

Wet Wednesday

Gillette Aluminium Tech
BlueBird (2)
Omega 80056
VDH Select/Wilkinson Blue Bowl [melted into the same bowl]
Boots Freshwood ASB
Ivory Club Regatta AS

You can get a BBS out of a Tech it just takes longer and a bit of help, for my last pass & touchups I put in some shims and hey presto a BBS, strange how the BB always shaves better on the second shave, a blade I always forget about but is a true joy to use.

TTFN

Tony

Wednesday

5/8 Air Brand
TOBS Lemon & Lime Cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
L'Oeal Men Expert HydraEnergetic Post-Shave balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

Teiste said:
Valobra menthol + C.O Bigelow (Proraso)/KIM SON silvertip brush/Merkur Progress + RED IP/Every Man Jack gel.
P1090557.jpg
Hi Teiste!

Nice picture mate! Composition,Colour,Lighting-I really like it! Incidentally, what on earth were you doing shaving at 1.30am yesterday ?? :shock:

spandex.. :)

Teiste said:
Valobra menthol + C.O Bigelow (Proraso)/KIM SON silvertip brush/Merkur Progress + RED IP/Every Man Jack gel.
P1090557.jpg
Hi Teiste!

Nice picture mate! Composition,Colour,Lighting-I really like it! Incidentally, what on earth were you doing shaving at 1.30am today ?? :shock:

Ids said:
Horrible shave today!

EJ d89l striped chrome
Derby extra
Ingrams
Alum
Nivea sensitive ASB

I got a little irritation yesterday and today's shave just made it worse, razor rash a round my mouth and on my neck and not close at all on my neck either. I'm aware my technique is not the best but how do you know when it's time to change a blade? Only other thing I changed was using ingrams for the first time yesterday.
Hi Ids! ...using a derby might not be helping either! That's one of the blades that I didn't get on very well with, not many of us do to be frank. I really don't think it's anyone's blade of choice on a regular basis!

Blyth Spirit said:
Wednesday

EJ DE89L
Merkur Super (1)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
ToOBS Cream (Mr Taylor) - the end is in sight!

Fresh Wood AS

Utterly, utterly brilliant. :D

As much as I recognise that a really good shave is a team performance from me and the rest of the guys in the band the inclusion of a Merkur blade really stepped it up a gear this morning. I simply do not understand why everyone - except me, I think - on this forum professes a deep distaste for them. They always work for me so let that be a lesson to newcomers; we're all different, or at least I am. :lol:

My face is as smooth as a billiard ball today and I am absolutely thrilled.
:shave

O.K Blyth! That's given me the incentive I probably needed to try out my own Merkur blade "freeby" on Fri, a.m. Well done mate, all the best! :hungrig

Wednesday Night:

• - A golden 47/48 Gillette USArisotcrat razor and a humble SuperMax Stainless
      - ToOBS Rose cream & le Tuft Cobalt Blue
      - Rose Thayers' Witch Hazel
      - Gul Suyu Turkish RoseWater[/list:u][/list:u]

... that is all.

Blyth Spirit said:
Wednesday

EJ DE89L
Merkur Super (1)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
ToOBS Cream (Mr Taylor) - the end is in sight!

Fresh Wood AS

Utterly, utterly brilliant. :D

As much as I recognise that a really good shave is a team performance from me and the rest of the guys in the band the inclusion of a Merkur blade really stepped it up a gear this morning. I simply do not understand why everyone - except me, I think - on this forum professes a deep distaste for them. They always work for me so let that be a lesson to newcomers; we're all different, or at least I am. :lol:

My face is as smooth as a billiard ball today and I am absolutely thrilled.
:shave

You maybe got the good batch.. :lol:

Wednesday Evening

Hot shower
Proraso pre/post shave cream
New Forest Brush
MB Dublin Tweed
Supermax stainless (4)
Superspeed
Osma Alum
Floid Blue

The Tweed was a second arriving today, I think I overpowered it a bit with the Proraso cream...... Supermax lasting well. The Floid smelt a bit nothingey in the bottle (sample from Damian :cool: ) but was really fresh feeling and smelling in use, not very mentholly but nice all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom