Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 30th October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday.

Had a great shave today. All the team worked well and the new member played a huge part.

Hot shower followed by proraso pre shave. Nanny's Zinger Bowl lathered wonderfully with Fidos NF2211. The slim adjustable, supplied by Steve, was loaded with a Gillette super thin( 2nd run). Set to 5 for the first WTG then XTG, then turned down to 2 for an ATG and touch up. The Alum and proraso aftershave proved zero irritation had taken place and the Trumpers Skin Food Smoothed and softened everything wonderfully.

This could certainly become my go to team.

Very smooth, very pleased. :D

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger
1960 fatboy/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation) I'm hooked on this stuff, but it's tough to find.
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Old Spice AS (1950s vintage) used as cologne

First time using this particular fatboy, which was a recent purchase. Not all of em shave the same, and this one's very nice.

BBS results,

Martin

T&H Wellington Superbadger : Le Grelot 6/8 evidée : T&H 1805 SC : Nivea ASB : Borsari Parma EdT

PB031286.jpg

Wednesday 3rd November

Mitchell's Wool Fat - New Forest 2201 - Gillette Rocket - Gillette Bleue (4) - Proraso AS - Proraso Pre/Post

Still not quite right on the lather, but passable. I normally get rid of blades after three shaves, but for some reason this morning didn't and I really should have. Maybe I was subconsciously holding out to use the feather blade bank. The blade started tugging during the second pass, rather than stopping I carried on and I ended up with a nick on my jawline and some irritation on my neck. The Proraso post helped though.

Wednesday, 11.3.10

Aura Glow
MEM w/ Olive Oil Shave Cream
New Forest #2211 Finest Silvertip
John Holler Tower Brand Square Point
SRD Premium I Strop ... 35 Linen/75 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS

For the last few years, Wednesday has been my day to go to the club to shoot clay targets. This summer was just too hot, but now things are picking up again. Sporting is on the menu for today, and shown is a Rocket target and a Battue, also known as a "Flying Razor Blade," appropriately enough. We'll be using my currently favored 3/4 ounce 16 gauge reload in a Federal purple hull...

I'm off!

IMG_2355-1.jpg

Wednesday, 11-03-10.

Soap from Aleppo - The Golden Nib Super Badger - Merkur 37C Slant Bar - Shark #1 - Martin de Candre shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Physical + ASB Weleda.

Afeitado03-11-10002.jpg

Wednesday
White proraso pre/post
NF Silvertip
Proraso Soap
Merkur HD +red IP (3?)
Alum
Thayers with Lemon
Proraso asb

A good shave, smooth, minimal irritation.

Wednesday night

5/8 'The Palmer'
Tony Miller Latigo strop
Arko soap
Kent H8
St James of London Clarysage & Cedarwood post shave cologne
DSC00107.JPG

Just gave the razor a touch up on my smaller C12k, much better but still a little on the rough side at the toe. I've got a few razors I need to sort out, so some honing tomorrow is the plan.

The post shave cologne stuff is not something I'd like to use regularly but it is nice to have around, especially in the colder weather.

Wednesday

Best badger travel brush rebristled by Neo
Electric Razor Co. Hamburg Ring 13/16 round point

Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus soap
aftershave by Aldi

Just checking to see whether I'd been unnecessarily harsh about this soap: I hadn't, and it gets the blame for a less than comfortable shave. Too much effort required to produce anything resembling a stable lather, and lack of cushion get this one the permanent thumbs down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom