Hot Shower
Merkur 11c
Gillette Thin./Personna Red blade(s)
Prorasso pre-shave
Nanny's Ice&Slice soap
Omega 10005 brush
Prorasso A/S
My new bowl :cool:

First thing, this shaving bowl really made easy work of producing a real thick lather. I think this must be due to the ridges on the inside of the bowl and perhaps the shape? Until now, I have been using a s.steel bowl, but now this shaving mug has arrived I wont be going back, It is great and I would recommend anybody buy one of these, Under £20 delivered. ;)
On the down-side, the shave was pretty crap!
I was pif'd (whatever that means?) a few Gillette Thin blades and thought I would try one, I shaved one side of my face and replaced it with a Personna blade. It just felt like it was really dragging and not cutting smooth, I havnt thrown it as I will try it in another razor to see if it works any better.
3 pass shave but not that smooth, first time using this razor so it could be that OR could it be I made the lather too thick?? It just felt like nothing was getting shaved! Or wrong angle when holding the razor?
From such a perfecr shave a couple of days ago to a really dissapointing one today :( but thats the way it goes.
bowl001-1.jpg

Tuesday, 11.2.10

Aura Glow Oil
Williams Shave Soap
Semogue 830 Boar
Bowdin's Wedge 9/16ths
SRD Premium I Strop ... 40 Linen/80 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Mennen Skin Bracer AS

An American shave... The little Bowdin's Wedge was forged in Germany but came via Bowdin's in Minnesota...

For those as old as I, see if this rings a bell...

Yo-ho! Yo-Ho!

Brushless or lather boys,
Whichever you've a notion
Fifty cents for the shaving cream,
A dollar for the lotion.
"Old Spice means quality,"
Said the Captain to the Bosun.
Asks for the package with
The ship that sails the ocean.

Yo-ho!, Yo-Ho!. --1950s Ad Jingle

IMG_2348-1.jpg

Tuesday

1958 Gillette Superspeed TV Special, Feather, Nanny's Ice and a Slice soft soap, Simpsons Commodore X1,
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera, Simple for Men AS Balm, Old Spice Fresh Lime AS

1288717959210.jpg

Tuesday Night:

• - Le Tuft UH's Black & Blues shave set
      - Nanny's EucalypTea soft soap
      - NOS Wilkinson Sword British-made
      - Humphreys Citrus Witch Hazel
      - Thayers' Aloe Vera ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

Sharp, smooth and if it weren't for my spazzing a couple of times, it would have been claret-free too. The Witch Hazel products polished up what the liberal application of cold water rinsing started by way of healing and treating the wee nicks.

The soap - wonderful as I know I can expect from Sharon's soaps.

The Black & Blues set is still impressing me quite favourably as well.
          • Luvverly shtuff.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Tuesday Morning

Prep
Shower

Tools
Bodger 404
Mama Bear’s Almond soap

Fat Boy
Red Personna
Alum
Proraso A/S
ToOBS Sandalwood cologne

Was in a bit of a rush this morning, so I didn't hang about. Because of this, I had a pretty good shave – very smooth. Couple of passes and the odd touch-up, that was all.
Perhaps not the closest shave I have ever got, but certainly close enough and irritation free. Nice.

I think this was another corner turned in this whole shaving business… The FB is working really well for me, and the blade also seems to be working well – might have to stash up these puppies as well. :D

Have a great Wednesday, good people.

Lipsy

Cotinuing with the bland selection!

Merkur TRACII with Sensor 3
Simpsons Duke 2 Best
Mama bears unscented
Body shop razor relief

Another comfortable shave today, I'm going to add alum next week to test that.

Wednesday:

Pre: Hot facecloth & watery lather
Soap: Palmolive stick
Brush: New Forest 2201
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Super Iridium

Apart from taking a small divot from under my nose, another pleasant, smooth shave. The L'Oreal balm feels like you've just rubbed your face in a nettle when you first put it on, but that (thankfully) goes away after a few seconds and it becomes really cooling. Not my favourite balm, and I probably won't buy it again.

Have a good day, everybody.

Regards

Ian

Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Ikon 24 mm chubby
Razor: Johan Engström
Cream: Vulfix English Rose
AS: Ogallala Lime and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very ... very clean :D

Wow, I´ve allways liked this blade and this morning it delivered an amazing shave. Tons of lovely lather and the Ogallala´s so nice. Good one today!
PB0200081024x765.jpg

Wednesday

Proraso sensitive pre/post
NF 2202
D R Harris Arlington soap
Gillette Slim adjustable
Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge
Boots No 7 post shave recovery balm
G F Trumpers Skye EDT sample

Great shave this morning. I face lathered and the NF 2202 produced a wonderful lather from the Arlington soap and I enjoyed a damn fine shave :)

I quite like the Skye EDT, but it does seem quite restrained and prefer something with a bit more depth to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom