Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 30th October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all.
Prep this morning with a face wash followed with a very hot towel.

R89 Razor
Personna red blade
Prorasso pre-shave
Nanny's Exotic soft soap
Omega 10005 brush
Proraso A/S.

God, I love this Nanny's soap :D
I lathered in a bowl as usual, when you get the lather right, I dont think there is another soap/cream out there that can beat this stuff.
A very smooth clean and easy shave, 2 passes, WTG and XTG followed up by a few touch ups.
No nicks, no irritation. Great stuff.
Looking forward to tomorrow so I can do it all over again.
nannys001-1.jpg

Saturday:

The Ultimate Comfort Experience:

Pre: Shower, hot facecloth and Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort pre-shave oil
Cream: Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort
Brush: New Forest 2201
Razor: Feather AS
Blade: Feather
Cologne: Boticario de Havana

That's better. After yesterday's effort, which wasn't at all pleasurable, today's shave has reminded me why I changed to DE.

The Cologne is this:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog/Boticario_de_Havana_Personal_Fragrance.html#a2455" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog ... html#a2455</a><!-- m -->

A recent buy and well worth it.

have a good weekend, chaps.

Regards

Ian

Saturday

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (I4)
Blade: Personna Platinum (#3)
Brush: Omega 31064
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
After Shave: Thayers Witch Hazel Aftershave with Aloe Vera
After Shave Balm: Handmade Naturals: Organic calendula & aloe after-shave balm.

SOTD-301010-v2.jpg

I’ve been using the alum bar since I started DE shaving without any problems but this last week my face has felt prickly and my skin tone was becoming patchy. I half suspect it’s partly the change in season but I was becoming a little despondent so decided to change things a bit. I’d never tried witch hazel but decided it was well worth giving it a go. eBay helped source a bottle of Thayers Witch Hazel Aftershave with Aloe Vera, and it’s great, the prickling has gone and my face is already beginning to look smoother again.

Today was a good all-round three pass shave, not perfect but my face felt good.

have a good weekend,

Chris

Saturday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Klas Engström
Brush Scheerzeep 21 mm silvertip
Soap: Nannys Ice and Slice
AS: Laura Biagiotti ROMA
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean
Wow - that´s all - Wow
Well, maybe not all - In the beginning there where two humans and one of them where namned PigCat and ... :lol: RNR are spott on, I stand firm in the statement that Nannys soaps are da tits!
PA30001221024x779.jpg

Saturday, 10-30-10.

Mysore Sandal Soap - Vie-Long Professional Horse Hair Extra - Gillette Red Tip - Astra #2 - Pre 3P - Morison Jentlemen classic fougere shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Pour un homme de Caron + ASB Institut Karité.

Afeitado30-10-10002.jpg

Saturday

Proraso pre/post sensitive
Gillette Slim adjustable
Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge
SOC
Body Shop Maca Shaving cream
Alum
Boots No 7 ASB
Trumpers Portugal EDT sample

First time trying the SOC with a cream and it was not very successful to be honest as I ended up leaving too much water in the brush which drained out of the brush between the first and second pass into my cup and ruined the lather.

The SOC will be used for soaps from now on.

I tried out the Trumpers Portugal EDT sample this morning and I did not really think much of it to be honest.

Saturday evening

FT Rocket & Wilkinson Sword (#2) > NF 2201 prototype +20% & D.R. Harris Arlington
> alum > D.R. Harris Arlington after shave > L'Erbolario fern after shave balm

IMG_1266.jpg

Two full passes, may be too much. Months since I used the Arlington and the L'Erbolario, they're both very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom