Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 30th October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday - it keeps getting better...

King of Shaves Alpha Oil - dunno if it's doing anything but I quite like the smell...
Palmolive stick, face lathered
Gillette Alu Tech
Personna red - 5th time with this blade I think
Nivea ASB

This old Tech is just a pleasure to use. The more I use it, the better it seems to shave. Just learning a new tool I guess. Just a quick 2 pass today as the near BBS shaves I've been getting recently don't leave enough for the next day... :shock:

Sunday

Merkur 39C Slanthammer
Feather
New Forest 2201
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Not used the Cade soap for ages. Did a nice job and smells lovely.

Ian

saturday

scknick injector 66
NF 2202
cella
cella as
akka kappa muschio bianco

sunday

gillette slim
shark super stainless
NF 2202
nannys citrus zinger
taylors st james AS

Well two new razors on a trot loved the injector the slim just does not seem aggresive left a lot of stubble even after three passes on five and a second atg on 9 will try it on diffrent settings with diffrent blades before i completly make my mind up (maybe i just got a crap one)
but still a dfs in the end was had by both

Sunday, 10.31.10

Aura Glow
Prairie Creations 15% Shea Butter Shave Cream .. Dragon's Blood, in honor of the day
New Forest #2211 Finest Silvertip
Gebr. Weyersberg Corneta Round Point
SRD Premium I Strop ... 50 Linen/95 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm Sensitive
Lucky Tiger Aspen AS

I usually have the house to myself on Sunday mornings, so we enjoyed music "From the New World" courtesy Antonín Dvořák and Leonard Bernstein, my favorite rendition. The rapture was enhanced by the Silvertip brush from "The New Forest...."

IMG_2332.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNR_AZL9XAw[/youtube]

sunday 5pm
Merkur futur 1st pass 2
feather blade
old spice cream
new forest brush
2nd pass 4
touch up 4

One of the closest shaves ive had,so close i ended up nearly cutting my right ear off and a chunk out of cheek..teach me to be clever and rush a job.. :oops:

Sunday

New Forest silvertip
The Nap 5/8 round point

Proraso pre/post used beforehand
Cella
Musgo Real Classic aftershave and a dash of No. 2 oakmoss cologne.

A bit more elaborate than usual today, and I even did a third pass. Perked me up nicely. Happy Halloween, folks
halloween_pumpkins_47.gif

Sunday 31st October

46-47 Gillette Aristocrat - Cella - New Forest 2211 - Gillette Bleue - Ogallala Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorns

[attachment=0]

First time trying Cella and first time contributing a SOTD picture. Impressed with the soap, less so with my pic. Not a patch on some of the shots that appear on here. They give me something to aim for though.

Attachments

• sotd1.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 72
Sunday

White proraso pre/post
NF silvertip
Nannys Yushi soap
Rolls Razor
Alum
Lemon Thayers
Proraso ASB

result: very smooth, a bit of irritation.
Yet again, not sure if the blade was sharp enough. I stropped the hell out of it, and it seemed very sharp, but it did tug a little.
As this is effectively a small straight, should I be stretching skin as you would with a normal straight shave.?
Any advice from other rolls users would be welcome.

Sunday Afternoon:

• - Le Tuft UH's Black & Blues shave set
      - Super Iridium Extra Stainless blade
      - Nanny's Yushu LE
      - Humphreys Cucumber & Melon Witch Hazel
      - Edouard Pinaud Classic Vanilla ASL
        • ... SWMBA actually said it was "pretty nice"
            • ... but then, she was a bit busy at the time[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

The Iridium was tough work today for some unknown (to me) reason. I used to use them fairly regularly and had no memorable problems with them. Today it was tugging and dragging; not effortlessly scything through the hairs.
                • I figured I would only need a couple of passes as yesterday's shave was quite close, but I did a full four passes and some polishing. Very light touch needed and the final product was good enough. Just not a couple of quick and carefree passes as originally thought.[/list:u][/list:u]
                  • Ample use of cold water, and the application of Witch Hazel, followed by a good splash of the Classic Vanilla made the skin feel much less stressed. Fair enough.[/list:u]

Sunday Night

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Special USA 4/8 round point
Cream: Mr Taylor's
Brush: Vulfix 2235
Post post: Whiskey

Just about the closest straight shave I've had, not quite sure what I did differently but it was better, a nice end to a nice day :)

Sunday evening

Hot shower
ToOBS Sandalwood soap
SOC
Straight razor with FB on 1 to touch up
Shark (3)
Blightys Musk AS

Same as yesterday except I alternated from the NF2211 to the SOC and and swapped the OS lime for the Musk, which works very very well as an AS. Third shave in the row with the straight, and things have improved no end (relatively speaking), I'm going to give it a break for a few days as my skin is feeling it a bit, and it's not prudent to rush these things! I'll look forward to it's next outing though, as I find it extremely satisfying. And terrifying. ;)

Sunday

5/8 J Gleave & Son Hollow Ground
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock alum block
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS balm
Gillette Series Power Rush AS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom