Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 2nd October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

Kent BK4
Electric Razor Co. Hamburg Ring 13/16

Nanny's Yushu soft soap
aftershave from Aldi

Result: fair to middling, but it's so nice to be back in my own bathroom where the lighting's as I like it and the towel rail is at just the right height to hang a strop. Not to mention decent water.

Thursday

Hot shower
Wilkinson Sword Hydro 3 (day 6)
Semogue 1520
MWF
Brut AS

Day 6 with the hydro blade, still loads of the lubrication strip left but a bit of irritation tells me tomorrow will be the last day with this blade. Braved the wool fat today and got an itchy sensation and a little reddening, I'm now wondering if I had a small reaction to all 3 products all aggrivating each other.

Thursday:

Hot towel
Trumpers Rose cream
New Forest 2201
Merkur Futur
Super Iridium blade
L'Oreal thingummy ASB
Trumpers Eucris EDT

I've started on the samples kindly provided by Trumpers, and I must say the cream makes an excellent lather. I managed to take a small divot just above my top lip, but I accept full responsibility for that. Overall, a very pleasant, close shave. And I've managed to resist using the "Back to the Futur" line. Doh!!!

Have a good day.

Regards

Ian

Good morning,

Thursday.

Simple face wash
Bic sensitive single blade disposable
Tabac Soap
Omega Boar brush
Alum
Proraso AS splash
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Hugo cologne

Meh. Bic sensitive? Bic rough as a badgers bum more like! Maybe the blade isn't so sharp.
It was a bit better than yesterday, but boy did the Alum sting.

Got a job to do on the roof today. Think I see a rain cloud in the distance. See what it's like tomorrow. :roll:

Thanks

Thursday

Merkur Futur
Super Thin Blade
No Name Badger Brush
Valobra Stick
Thayers Superhazel
Alcolado Glacial AS

Valobra was once again perfect. Im also resigned to the fact that there is a spot on my neck which is never going to be 100% irritation free. WTG just doesn't get close enough and there is no XTG because every other way is ATG.

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Törnblom "X"
Brush: New Forest, extra stuffed prototype
Soap: Nannys sandalwood
AS: Ogallala Lime & Peppercorn
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean
Love this pure sandalwood soap, clean and subtle scent + very nice lather (as every soap I´ve got from Sharon). Blade felt a little bit raw, compared to my other blades and I think I know why now (expriment by Neil).
49938d1286450630-sotd-sun-october-3rd-sat-october-9th-snb13817.jpg

Thursday:
5am Start
Shower hot
Milk churn Brush soaking in hot water while in the shower (coffee getting cold)
Coral skin food while make up a lather (trumpers Almond cream)
I'm starting to like cream never really used it till now...
Stropped (no name 30's strop) Jap straight while listening to 102.1 The Edge on Wifi
Quick hot towel
Shave result "Mixed" as a little preoccupied, Oh well get to have another go tomorrow now :roll:

Thursday - same as yesterday but with Tabac...

Tabac - giving it another go. Still just smells like soap (!) to me but works great.
1950's Gillette Tech
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (4th shave on this blade)
Finish with a splash of witch hazel and a blob of aqueous cream

Thursday, 10-07-10. Music: Adriano Celentano + Lucio Battisti.

Soap from Aleppo - Omega 21116 - Merkur 37C Slant - Bolzano #1 - Pre PREP - Valobra stick in a puck - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Proraso + ASB Sul filo del rasoio.

Afeitado07-10-10.jpg

Thursday Afternoon.

Hot shower
1904 OC
Gillette blade
Pure badger hair brush
MWF soap
Sandlewood skin food
Proraso A/S
Macca root moisturiser

I usually leave my shaves to every other day but I have a few new soaps etc I want to try, so couldnt resist today.
Tried the MWF soap today, lathered in a bowl as usual but I couldnt seem to get the lather nice and thick, also couldnt seem to work all the air bubbles out of it. Anyway, after lathering in a bowl for a few minutes I was ready for applying to face, it went on nice enough but still didnt seem right, I may try face lathering next time.
I dont seem to have had any sort of alergic reaction to the lanolin which is good, but at the moment im not that taken with this soap, especially after using Trumpers coconut cream yesterday which was the best ive had to date.
Maybe I didnt add enough water or maybe too much? :roll: .
Trumpers skin food is great, slight irritation to my neck but im pretty sure thats down to my technique? or as I say im not used to shaving every day.

Muhle 89
Gillette sharp edge
Speick in a puck
AofS Badger brush
Alum
Boots Freshwood AS
Nivea Sensitive

Mikael, Slow Shaving, Teiste your photos are very much appreciated, I will have to look out my camera.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom