Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 2nd October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Hydro 3
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 in two-band Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: Taylor of Old Bond St #74

First (face) shave with Hydro 3 - no dramas.

Hot shower
Wilkinson sword hydro 3 (7)
semogue 830
MB Aged Spice
Old Spice Original AS

Back to my mama bears safety zone, excellent as always. The lube on the hydro is as good as 7 shaves ago but today there was a noticeable decline in the quality of shave, could this be the razor the razorpit was designed for? We'll find out after a weeks leave, cheerio!

Friday

Merkur 37c
Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Tabac Soap
Wilkinson Sword Boar Brush

Forest Fresh AS
Nivea ASB

A decent shave but not premier league and I bowl lathered. I'm not too fond of these blades; not only do they smell like a milling machine but they rarely leave me feeling fresh.

I shall persevere for the rotation; 1 down, 3 to go.

:|

Agree with Vinny. Binned a Feather blade after just one rough shave and PIFed the Feather pack I had.
If something's not really to you liking, no need to persevere.

Kim Son silvertip : Merkur 37G+polsilver : Acca Kappa SC : Myrsol rojo+444

PA080809.jpg

Muhle R106 with Gillette Sharp Edge
Nanny's Lavender soap
SOC
Body Shop razor relief
Boots No 7 moisturizer

No Proraso sensitive pre/post for me today and to be honest I can not really tell the difference in the quality of the shave. I am going to miss it out again for the next couple of shaves and see how I get on.

I think my SOC may finally be breaking in as it produced a much better lather this morning.

The razor relief made my top lip really tingle today. The tingle was not unpleasant though.

Overall a pretty good shave.

Friday:

The arrival of the new Queen Elizabeth delayed my shave slightly this morning:
From my kitchen window:
P1000369.jpg

From the balcony:
P1000384.jpg

Heavily cropped to prevent a lamp post from spoiling the picture:
P1000377.jpg

To business:

Hot towel
Body Shop Maca Root cream (sample)
Merkur Futur
Super Iridium blade
Body Shop Razor Relief balm (sample)
Trumpers Eucris EDT (sample)

The Maca Root cream is really very good - I know that Fido is enthusiastic about it, which is what prompted me to get some samples. A nice thick, luxurious and slick lather. The Razor Relief balm did exactly what it says on the tube. Altogether a very pleasing experience. I'm very impressed.

Have a good day, guys.

Regards

Ian

Good morning all,

Great pics Dermot, I used to sail out of Southampton in my container ship and banana boat days, and had some good runs ashore.

Anyway. Friday.

Simple face wash
Bic sensitive single blade disposable
RSC moisturising shave cream
The Frankie boy badger brush
Alum
Proraso AS splash
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Bottled cologne

Hadn't used the RSC cream in a long time. It is a very good performer, and if you can get it at the Pound Shop, great value.
I managed to cut myself with the Bic razor (didn't think that was possible). I'll give it one last go tomorrow, then give the rest of the pack to Mrs STG and she can rip her legs to shreds with them if she likes. If not they will go in the bin.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom