Aura Glow .. To make my aura glow...
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
Krusius Bros. KB Extra 67 5/8ths
SRD Premium I Strop .. 40 Linen/80 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman ... The Ole Reliable

Fall appears to be upon us, after enduring an interminable summer, and what could be better than apple season?
Romes, Galas and my most favored Macouns... Sometimes it's a pity that God gave me two hands but only one mouth with all these apples to be tasted...

IMG_2138.jpg

hando said:
Kevin said:
Mikael, Slow Shaving, Teiste your photos are very much appreciated

+1

from a Luddite with no camera

Thanks guys! Even though others really are better. I kind of enjoy to do it (it´s almost as much fun as shaving :eek: :shock: :lol:) and as long as I enjoy it I´ll keep ém coming. I learn small things every time (light is a bitch for me though, I only use day light and soon that´ll been gone :cry:)

Wednesday AM

Pre Hot shower/ hot flannel / proraso
Soap Macca root / NF2201
Razor 38R / Astra Keramik (3)
Post Alum / Trumpers Skin food

The wife went to Blue Water on Tuesday and brought me back some Shaving stuff :D . She got me some Body Shop Macca root cream and also the face wash, and the largest bar of Molten Brown soap I have ever seen. I had to try them out.
The results just keep getting better and I ended with a face that was silky smooth and no irritation. I think some of the improvement is due to technique but the soaps were very nice.
Not as special as Nanny's, but a good protective lather, and a nice smell. The Molten Brown soap is very nice as well Good smell and nice lather. It says on the packaging that it can be used for shaving. Has anyone tried.

Thursday

Aristocrat
7 O'Clock Permasharp Greens
Nannys yushu
new forest 2201
alum
Ollagala bay rum with peppercorns/lime

Blade seemed a bit rough to me ,some irritation. Ollagala to the rescue .

Damian

Thursday evening

Hot shower
New Forest 2201
MB Dublin Tweed
Gillette Superspeed
Shark Super Stainless (1)
Osma Alum
OS Lime

I'm enjoying the 2201 for it's last few shaves as I'm sure it's big brother will be relegating it soon! I can only imagine how the 2211 will compare. The Shark was a generous PIF, and as I haven't shaved for two days and the two preceding blades were a Feather and a Super Thin it had a lot to live up to. It tugged a bit on the first WTG pass, but the 2nd and 3rd were better, a lot better. I spent a lot of time tidying under my chin and got a very good shave, and the alum confirmed there was virtually no irritation. I'm impressed.

I'm looking forward to the incoming AV and Mennen to give me some AS variety, and am close to getting some Ogallala lime and peppercorn :geek:

GEM 'Push-button'
CH1, Best
Geo F Trumpers Rose Soap
Geo F Trumpers Coral Skin Food

Enjoying the slightly lighter SE razor. It's not as nice aesthetically as the others, being part plastic, but the weight might be just right.

Thursday
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Quattro
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 in two-band Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: Taylor Of Old Bond St #74 (original)

Face and head. No 'issues'. Nothing further to report.

andyjreid said:
Vinny did you get the Hydro 3 & 5 razors?

Picked up the Hydro 3 handle today (which comes with a couple of blades) and some Hydro 5 blades as they are interchangeable.

Hydro 3 gets its first full outing on Saturday - head and face.

White proraso pre/post
Neo custom 2 band
MWF
Flare tip rocket + GST (2)
Thayers with lemon
Proraso ASB

2 passes + touch ups... very smooth little irritation. Seems the FT rocket and the GST give a very close combo.. perhaps too close.
Overall, very good.

Thursday Night:

• - Vie Long 13723 Horse hair with 23mm knot
      - The Herb-E1 from Soap Alchemist/Nanny's
      - Merkur 42 - 1904 Classic
      - SuperMax Sunrise stainless
      - Peach Thayers' Witch Hazel
      - Nivea for Men Double ActionASB
          • Soothes after shaving
              • *echo effect* ssoothes ... soothes ... oothes[/list:u]
                Energises the Skin
                  • *echo effect* ergises ... gises ... ises[/list:u]
                    ... with Co-enzyme Q-10
                        • *echo effect* what ... th ... fff...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                          [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Urban Hermit said:
- Nivea for Men Double ActionASB
      • Soothes after shaving
          • *echo effect* ssoothes ... soothes ... oothes[/list:u]
            Energises the Skin
              • *echo effect* ergises ... gises ... ises[/list:u]
                ... with Co-enzyme Q-10
                    • *echo effect* what ... th ... fff...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                      [/list:u][/list:u]

• :lol:

SOTD 10/7/2010

This is a Gold dollar that was originally honed up on a Charnley Forest for me to try and was a very nice shave, indeed. I was asked by the owner to take it up to 30K Pro for him to try. While the shave was BBS, I wasn't as thrilled with the edge as it currently is. I didn't do my normal routine on it, and the edge started giving in on the ATG. So it's back to the hones to do it right this time... I used the winter formulation of Olivia's aftershave lotion. It's a little thicker than the summer formulation, but not nearly as thick as some others. It's still every bit as fragrant!

Brush: Penworks
Razor: Gold Dollar
Cream: Olivia's Beausoliel
After shave lotion: Olivia's Dark Rhassoul (winter formulation)

Image0079.jpg

Friday 2010-10-08

HD & Wilkinson Classic (#2) > Dovo travel aluminium & Art of Shaving Sandalwood > Sante Organic after shave & The Body Shop maca root soothing balm

SOTD_08Oct.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom