Warm water splash
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Simpson's Ehsan 2 band
Genco Master Barber 5/8th's
SRD Premium I Strop .. 40 Linen/85 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Spanish Floïd Suave AS

Fall is the perfect time to accomplish heavy jobs. I had two big trees taken down this year, and while I do not burn wood down here, my son does. So, It's up to the old man to take care of it!
This saw is a pleasure to run, and it's got the gumption to make short work of large diameter wood..

IMG_2147.jpg

Dermot O'Logical said:
Friday:

The arrival of the new Queen Elizabeth delayed my shave slightly this morning:
From my kitchen window:
P1000369.jpg

From the balcony:
P1000384.jpg

Heavily cropped to prevent a lamp post from spoiling the picture:
P1000377.jpg

To business:

Hot towel
Body Shop Maca Root cream (sample)
Merkur Futur
Super Iridium blade
Body Shop Razor Relief balm (sample)
Trumpers Eucris EDT (sample)

The Maca Root cream is really very good - I know that Fido is enthusiastic about it, which is what prompted me to get some samples. A nice thick, luxurious and slick lather. The Razor Relief balm did exactly what it says on the tube. Altogether a very pleasing experience. I'm very impressed.

Have a good day, guys.

Regards

Ian

A beautiful ship!

I sailed on the original Queen Elizabeth and the Queen Victoria back when it was the accepted method of crossing the pond!

The pride of The Cunard Lines!

First it was Hawkeye with his guns, now it's BlacknTan with a chainsaw :eek: You Americans are Manly Men, for sure! Which gives me an idea, but I'll save it for now.

To business: far too bleary eyed this morning, so this is:

Last Night's

Semogue 2009 LE
C Klauberg "Damascene" 9/16 square point

Cella
Speick aftershave

I think of the Klauberg as a Peter Lorre razor: small, but threatening. Yep, just when I thought I'd got away with it for once the bugger bit me, again. Still, no visible duelling scar, so that's okay considering that I wound up as smooth as a freshly ironed Leslie Phillips. No shave scheduled for tonight as per usual for a Friday, thus ensuring a decent amount of stubble for The Saturday Shave which will be a major production, as is my wont, and documented with a photo which will be my contribution to the arms race.

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: C V Heljestrand MK 42
Brush: 24 mm silvertip custom made handle by Chris
Soap: Scheerzeep Bay Rum'
AS: Virgin Island Bay Rum
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Ok, first time I evening shaved and it worked out really nice (wife and I´re going to Turkey early tomorrow morning, well, in a couple of hours). Maybe I can get the computer running and maybe I can have a few SOTD:s from there. Sorry for the loosy pic today, I usually use daylight. PS I like that chain saw, it´s from the pro line and a very good one (one of the best out there).
50004d1286564403-sotd-sun-october-3rd-sat-october-9th-snb13822.jpg

Arrowhead said:
BlacknTan said:
Arrowhead..

We still have to blaze trails and wrassle Bears over here! :lol:
Excellent :lol: Mind you, I had to shoo away one of your squirrels the other day.

Those squirrels can be mighty vicious critters...

Especially when a man is alone in the woods and the squirrel has young'uns! :lol: :lol:

Friday Night:

... a couple of things are a bit out of the usual line-up
    • - even when considering how flexible the usual can be ...[/list:u][/list:u]
        • - Vie Long 13723 Horse hair with 23mm knot
          - Ice and a Slice from Soap Alchemist/Nanny's
          - Merkur 42 - 1904 Classic
          - Merkur Super Platinum
          - Cucumber Melon Humphreys' Witch Hazel[/list:u][/list:u]

OK, one thing was that I went right back to one of my first DER blades for a bit of a look-see at what might be different between then & now. I found that Merks were tugging and dragging and digging in all over the place when I tried them early on. Tonight's blade performed well, like a nicely behaved, and considerately trained animal companion; right up there with Champion the Wonder Horse, Rin Tin Tin, or Lassie.
            • ... which was very handy when some daft local decided to walk through our flat and then get their stupid trespassing arse stuck down the dilapidated old well in our living room.
              • We've never even had a dilapidated old well in the living room!
                      • It would detract from the abandoned mine-shaft-feature in there
                        • - no, really, it's very tastefully done.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                                • Anyway, so this bloke's just dangling around by his fingertips, which are curled over the edge of an old partly rotted and waterlogged bucket that's swinging from the rope, roughly about ten feet below the lip of the dilapidated old well.[/list:u]
                                  ... and he's hollering away for someone to help him out from the dilapidated old well.[/list:u]
                                  A dilapidated old well that I personally suspect he brought with him, probably looking for somewhere to fly-tip it or summat - I really don't think anyone can truly understand just how much this whole 'dilapidated old well' issue is bothering me.[/list:u]

But then, like a true hero Merkie, the Platinum Wonder stealthily worked its way around the room, and - in a veritable flash of light - cleanly sliced the rope in twain![/list:u]
                                  • Of course, now I'll have to move that chav cadaver, and/or fill in the ruddy dilapidated old well.
                                        • ... so much for relaxing this weekend!![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

The second slightly different thing, is the Humphreys' WH instead of the old standby Thayers' It made for a very, very nice change. Cucumber Melon, which somehow reminds me of this girl I used to date years ago, but that's not a topic for right now, never mind them ... er, her.
                                          • It says it's a 'reduce redness' formulation, but I was still red in the face. I mean, I had to try and explain the dilapidated old well in the living room with Ol' Chaver Cadaver at the bottom of it.
                                                • ... and I found out that Merkie, the Platinum Wonder isn't house trained and had peed down the abandoned mine-shaft-feature too![/list:u][/list:u]
                                                    • Some days - you just cannot win for tryin' ...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Friday

Merkur 23c, Feather, Cella soap, Simpsons Commodore X1,
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera, Jasper Conran
Man AS Balm, Tesco All About Men Cool Aftershave

1286555225646.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom