Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 29th Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
MWF Hand Soap / GFT Rose SC / Simpson Colonel / Dovo 5/8 /

Alum Block / GFT Coral SF / FDT Ajaccio Violets EdT.

SOTDJan29th2011.jpg

Strange!! :? It didn't seem like a great shave at the time, or immediately after, but now half an hour latter it's very smooth? :)

One happy camper. :D

Any cherries to go with all that whip cream! :lol:

Mikael said:
Saturday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest 2201 xtra stuffed
Razor: Le Grelot
Soap: Penhaligon´s English Fern
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
This is my lather master, my God, I did 2 1/2 passes on face and then 2 on the head and this was left (I loaded the brush less than 30 secs):
P1290007800x600.jpg

P1280009651x800.jpg

Some beautiful photos today.

Saturday Night

Hot towel
T+H pre shave oil
T+H hard soap, Ed Jagger BB brush
Edwin Jagger DE87, Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
Ogalalla Bay Rum limes and peppercorns

3 passes, WTG, XTG, ATG on the cheeks.

So, so, smooth. Beautiful.

Only downside is a shattered alum block after I dropped it in the sink. I had no idea it was so fragile. :x

Sunday morning
Pre. Hot shower
Brush: Simpson PJ 3
Razor: Henkotsu
Soap/Cream: Nannys Patchouli and Da Bomd
AS: Mennen
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Decided to try and go for some super lather, it was good, but I got it to thin. Liked the scent combo though (pure patchouli wasn´t my thing). Nick visited today, under the jawline, this point is no joke.
P1290004800x627.jpg

Sunday

Gong Razor
New Forest 2201 Brush
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

To put this as simply as possible: Best. Straight. Shave. Yet :D

Ian

sunday

prep warm shower
razor Gillette fat boy
blade gillette thin
badger brush
cream the reak shaving co

result was a very close shave with no irritation first time using this cream and i must say i liked it gave me a great lather and had a nice slick to it :D :D :D :D cheers guys for my tazz love it

lSXxe.jpg

SimFix Grosvenor SuperBadger : Henckels 17 Friodur 1/2 : Martin de Candre : Weleda ASL : Trumper's Wild Fern cologne

P1302346.jpg

Stropped 25 laps in sanded and oiled cowhide strop and 30 laps in latigo leather, a very comfortable shave. I known very well all the stuff and I can use them to get their best, impossible to go wrong

MWF Hand Soap,
Palmolive Classic SS Stick,
Simpsons Special in Best,
Gillette Brit Tech / Feather(1),
Alum Block,
GFT Limes SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDJan30th2011.jpg

I haven't used the Tech in ages. It's so mild with the Feather so sharp and coming from the Dovo it felt like nothing was happening! If I hadn't put a new blade in it this morning I would have checked to see if there was a blade in it at all! :D

Due to having had a pretty shite week, I have not shaved since Thursday. Things have settled down a little and so i decided to have an hour to myself this morning. I'm glad i did.

Normal shower prep with hot face soak and applied some soap to by beard.
Soap was kindly supplied by Steve, a wonderful limes sample, whipped to an exquisite lather with the NF2201.
Razor used was my lovely HD rocket, loaded with a Gillette swede.
A three pass and touch up was finished off with Alum and Proraso A/S topped off with T&H Grafton.
A very pleasing Hour.

Sunday

White proraso Pre/post
NF silvertip
Nannys Ice and slice with goat
Muhle R41 + GST (1)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB

A very smooth shave, but some minor irritation on neck. I think this blade might be a tad too sharp in this razor for me. I like this nannys soap and love the smell, but I think I get better results from the Yushi, maybe its the clay in that soap, as this goat one is clay free?

Overall, very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom