Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Plantagenet Wedge
New Forest 2201
Coates Sandalwood Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

The Sainted Neil Miller has prepared and sent me a couple of razors on loan to try. This razor is a full wedge. It was interesting.

I had shaved yesterday with the Kropp, and with that being not especially close, I had quite a lot of stubble to shift this morning.

First WTG pass was quite 'tuggy', but with a little care was okay. Second pass was easier, and I have a shave that is similar to the Kropp - OK, but not to DE standards.

Ian

Saturday 29/01/11

Proraso Pre (White tub)
Tabac SS
Vulfix 404 Mixed
Muhle R89 + feather
Alum
Thayers Original Witch Hazel
Tabac ASB
Boss EDT

Only a 2 pass shave but very smooth. I think Tabac and Boss complement each other very well. I have the Boss balm but it is not a patch on the Tabac, IMO great stuff.

Have a good weekend.

Saturday

Ok, 1000th post - so a big thank you to this small community for all help and fun I've had over the course of the past 10 months or so.

Gillette Red Tip & Wilkinson Sword > Rooney LE & Pre de Provence > Floid > Santa Maria Novella crema pre/dopo barba > Guerlain L'Instant Eau de Toilette

Show more

Good morning.

Saturday:

Nanny's Eucalyptus & Tea Tree soap
Wilkinson Sword Classic razor
Omega 81230 Boar brush
Professor Blighty's Lime AS (no alchohol version)
Nivea moisturiser

Last shave of the week and 1st go with the new AS (thanks again Prof). No burn, just an initial tingle accompanied by a serious lime hit. Very nice.
Still liking the Wilky, but I'm back to the Futur on Monday.

Thanks and have a good weekend y'all.

Saturday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest 2201 xtra stuffed
Razor: Le Grelot
Soap: Penhaligon´s English Fern
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
This is my lather master, my God, I did 2 1/2 passes on face and then 2 on the head and this was left (I loaded the brush less than 30 secs):
P1290007800x600.jpg

P1280009651x800.jpg

Saturday 29th January

Cade Soap - Semogue 2010 Custom Boar - Merkur Bakelite Razor - Gillette Bleue (1) - Geo F Trumper Extract of Limes Skin Food - Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns

789ba19f.jpg

Very different experience shaving with this razor. It's very light (15 grams loaded) and as such you can't let the razor do the work. It also flexes the blade more than any other razor that I've come across.

It provided a great shave, smooth and with no irritation. I had a few days growth and managed to remove it no problem. In fact the first pass on my cheek seemed more effective than the first pass with other razors. All in all, very impressed that such a light weight razor performed so admirably. Seems to go against what I've read before. Maybe the lack of any heft makes you more receptive to how much blade is coming in contact with the face. Early days but so far so good. :shave :)

Well, this was the best shave I've ever had. :cool: Finally got the knack of using the badger brush so kindly PIFd to me by Man_Of_Leisure to generate thick, creamy lather. Combined with changing my organisation, which allowed me to run a basin-full of hot water for prep and face rinsing seems to have done wonders.

Prep: hot flannel

Merkur HD
Crystal Platinum
Kent BK2
Real Shave Co cream lathered in Woodhead bowl
Witch hazel
Nivea A/S balm

3 passes (WTG, XTG and hybrid XTG/ATG) plus touch-ups. Only soreness was catching a spot under chin and a tiny bit of burn under jawline due to touchups. Thanks to hot water prep and creamy lather, the razor glided much more smoothly than I've ever experienced before. I think this was the first shave I've had that hit the sweet spot that makes all you guys love DE shaving. :shave

Result is a definite DFS; not quite BBS as there are some areas in which I cannot go against the grain due to razor burn/weepers, but certainly very presentable. :cool:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old butterscotch Every Ready badger
1955 President/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS (really a good product, and very inexpensive)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

I was sent a decant of this juice as a toss in on a recent frag deal (thank you Tim). Man, I really like this stuff so far. Only worn it twice, but I think I may have to buy a bottle down the road. the only possible problem I see is that this scent may be a little too young for me to pull off. Nice product though.

BBS results,

Martin

Partly down to some disappointing shaves with the Ikon and the blades I have been using I have lapsed back into Mach 3 mode for a few days.

Hot Shower
Mach 3 (blade on shave 2) Saoked in sink of hot water
Palmolive shave soap
NF 2202
Lovely unfussy 2 pass.
Wilkinson Sword ASB
Hugo Boss AS.

Lovely - I smell like my grandfather (well, obvioulsy before he died 15 years ago - I think he mighet be a bit putrid by now).

Back to the Ikon tomorrow - I cant wait for the Fatboy to turn up though. I want to revisit those Crowns but on a number 5 or 6 I think....

Saturday Jan. 29

Simpson Duke 3 in Best
Slim Adjustable with Feather Blade (3rd shave)
Mama Bear's Hydrogen Soap
Clubman A/S
Mr. Taylor's Cologne

Saturday
Santa Maria La Novella Crema Da Barba/Semogue EL 2010 #100 brush/Edwin and Jagger DE89BL with Astra/444 alum block/Art of Shaving lavander balm(sample)
P1160282.jpg

Friday, 28.Jan.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 730
Shaving cream O Melhor
Mühle R89
Personna Red Pack
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Real Shaving Co. Soothing Balm

p1030346x.jpg

Saturday, 29.Jan.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
LiJün&1980 Finest
Bottega Verde UOMO crema da barba
Mühle R89
Personna Red Pack
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Proraso Crema Liquida

p1030348b.jpg

Saturday, 01-29-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Semogue 2000 - Merkur 37C Slant - Gillette Platinum #1 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Acca Kappa 1869 shaving cream - Alum block - ASL Myrsol Antesol + Gel JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado29-01-11-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom