Futur
Bleue Extra
NF Silvertip
Monsavon SS
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Boots Freshwood AS
Freshwood ASB.

The longevity of these blades is very good. I have lost count of the number of shaves i have had with this one (though i am pretty sure i started with it at the start of the weekend so 5 or 6 shaves so far i guess). I think there is at least one or two left in it as well.
Can't beat the Freshwood range for value for money versus performance either.

Have a great day gents. (Not long and we all get an extra hour in bed!)

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Brush: New Forest xtra stuffed two banded finest
Soap: Mama Bears Roses
AS: Ogallala Lime and peppercorns
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D :mrgreen:

I´m shocked :shock: how the Mama Bear preformed and I´m also shocked :shock: by the scent. Nothing has ever smelled so rose authentic and the amount of lather was enough for ten passes, really. I did two passes on the head and two passes + touch ups on the face (and I was very generous when lathering aswell) and when I was done, the amount left looked like it was newly whiped up :shock:.
SNB141081280x959.jpg

Thursday

1966 Slim Adjustable #5
Bic blade #1
Ingram Cream
Vulfix 2235
Alum
Oldspice Whitewater

A DFS, very nice razor I read that it was milder then a Futur so I started on 5 I think that's pretty close to my preferred level of aggression, may ramp it up to 6 tomorrow.

Mikael said:
Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Brush: New Forest xtra stuffed two banded finest
Soap: Mama Bears Roses
AS: Ogallala Lime and peppercorns
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D :mrgreen:

I´m shocked :shock: how the Mama Bear preformed and I´m also shocked :shock: by the scent. Nothing has ever smelled so rose authentic and the amount of lather was enough for ten passes, really. I did two passes on the head and two passes + touch ups on the face (and I was very generous when lathering aswell) and when I was done, the amount left looked like it was newly whiped up :shock:.
SNB141081280x959.jpg

Although i find the scent very synthetic, Im actually finding this soap rather addictive. Worryingly so.

Thursday:
Hot towel
404 Mix/ TOBS St James (very nice pairing :))
Gillette Flair/7o'clock Yellow
Alum
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve :) super nice!
A pretty good shave today.
regards, beejay

moodymick said:
Sore. 4 shaves in 2 days taking their toll on skin, still, 1 shave between here & weekend. :|
Never understood why you shave two times in a day, occasionally. None of my business to comment on, of course, but still - you're pushing your skin a bit I think.

N_Architect said:
moodymick said:
Sore. 4 shaves in 2 days taking their toll on skin, still, 1 shave between here & weekend. :|
Never understood why you shave two times in a day, occasionally. None of my business to comment on, of course, but still - you're pushing your skin a bit I think.

Is it related to the lunar cycles ? :lol:

Thursday

Last shave in my current job :)

Proraso pre/post sensitive
Muhle R106 plus Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge
Nanny's Lavender soap
NF 2202
Alum
Body Shop Razor Relief
Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather EDT

I am still taking it easy along my jawline and I ended up with a pretty good shave. Nanny's soap and Fido's brush makes a great combination for face lathering.

The EDT was a sample that I have had for a wee while and not used much, but I thought that as today was going to be my last day in the office I should make a bit of an effort.

RB73 said:
Although i find the scent very synthetic, Im actually finding this soap rather addictive. Worryingly so.

:shock: synthetic :shock: :lol:. In my mind I was brought back to the garden this summer, could have been mind cames though :lol: _Very_ good soap either way and I´m adding it to my must have list: Cella, Nannys and Mamas (I really like Henks soaps aswell, Dutch Moss being my favourite, but I seem to like harder soaps :roll:).

Damian Murphy said:
N_Architect said:
moodymick said:

Is it related to the lunar cycles ? :lol:

Yeah & palms on Sundays ;)

Why shave twice? Well, I don't tend to go mad in the mornings shaving, 1 pass NS, maybe a little SN on neck too - it's only for work :?

An evening shave is more relaxed, more focussed, more passes and of course a good way of using up more product be it blades / soaps / creams / razors. The downside though is if i have been intensive shaving with something new (Fatboy & GBE & Supe-Max's last week), Slant this week - it does thin the skin leaving it with a (possibly) artificial, raw feeling :oops:

Thursday - getting the angle

Tabac - face lathered
1950's Gillette Tech
Personna Red (2)
Nivea ASB

Second day back with a DE after my week with a GII cartridge. The (fake) GII is OK, but when you get the angle right with this little Tech it gives a superb shave. I'm wondering if they'll be anything to shave tomorrow...

Thursday:

Pre: Hot facecloth
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Brush: New Forest 2201
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Super Iridium
Cologne: Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes.

Three passes, smooth and close. Just how it should be.

Have a good day, chaps.

Regards

Ian

Thursday, 10-28-10.

Jabón Mysore Sandal Soap - Vie-Long silvertip "afeitadoclasico.com LE" prototype 1 - Gillette Red Tip - Blue Bird #2 - Pre PREP - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Floïd Vigoroso + ASB Truefitt & Hill classic.

Afeitado28-10-10.jpg

The brush together with the Semogue LE09:

3vlmw.jpg

Loading the Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap:

EspumaconMitchelsWoolFat008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom