Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 23rd October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday AM, MST

Razor: Mergress Long Handle
Brush: NF2201
Blade: Gillette Bleueueueuee Extra (trying a pack of these out)
Soap: Safari Tallow w/ a dab of Cremo Cream (for slickness)
AS: Some new stuff from Whole Foods that was on sale as an astringent (again, trying it out)
Proraso ASB
Dab of Old Spice clone from the Dollar Store

Upstairs to make breakfast.
Cheers, all

Attachments

• 1960s-Hippie-Peace-Hand-1_small.gif
    360 bytes · Views: 35
Thursday
shavemac D01 brush/Merkur Progress with Astra/TOBS lavander SS/Nomad After Shave Balm/Classic EDT
P1140354.jpg

Thursday, 10.28.10

Aura Glow Mystical Oil
Ingram Shave Cream
New Forest #2211 Finest Silvertip
Kinfolks Blue Steel Special Round Point
SRD Premium I Strop ... 45 Linen/75 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Vintage Old Spice... The real stuff...

Samhain, the most important period on the ancient Celtic calendar, is once again upon us. The Celts thought upon this time as the season when the veil that seperates our known world from the Netherworld to be at it's thinnest, allowing spirits to roam amongst us. The end of harvest, and a time to ponder upon our forebears that have gone on before, and can become closer... A time of reflection, and a time to look forward...

IMG_2314A.jpg

Just got ready for a interview tomorrow morning!

My shave was:

EJ Best Badger Brush
Merkur 33C
TOBS Rose (thank you Pig Cat!)

I just had a really nice shave, the cream was super slick, i think i used too much cream on this shave though, next time i will use half the amount. Very impressed.

Big thanks to Pig Cat for sending me a sample :shave

Thursday

6/8 Texol No.5
Palmolive soap (milled into a dish)
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock alum stick
Body Shop Arber AS Balm
Body Shop Arber EDT

Palmolive - I always forget just how fantastic a 49p soap can be. Lovely stuff.

Thursday

New Forest 2201 two band
Dovo 1516 5/8 round point

Nanny's lavender soft soap
Taylor's sandalwood aftershave

Latest in a run of very good shaves indeed, and no sign of dry skin this year so far: unheard of.

Thursday Night:

• - Lord Super stainless blade
      - Nanny's Lemony Lime (with Goat Milk) shaving soap
      - Le Tuft the Urban Hermit's Black & Blues shave set
      - Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
      - Kartopu Kolonya Limon as AS[/list:u][/list:u]

• Brill-eeee-yant! Sharon's soap is soft, and lush, and nurturing, and protective, all the whilst smelling freshly of lemons and limes.[/list:u]

The black walnut lather bowl is pretty much the depth and slope and diameter I wanted without realising that it wasn't quite the bowl I thought I wanted. If that makes sense, I must be more tired than I suspected. My first impression when I saw it was that it was the right diameter but maybe a tad too shallow, the stem was possibly to thick for true comfort, and the ridges maybe not pronounced enough.
          • Having used it I find that it is the right depth for my brush-work, the ridges do do their job in aiding lather building amply, and the stem is very comfortable and steady in my, at times shaky, twitchy hand. [/list:u][/list:u]

The cobalt blue brush has always been a wonderful performer, and the matching razor handle is almost spooky in how good it feels to the grip, and how well it shaves with the EJ8_ razor head on it.
                  • Just
                      • brill.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Friday 2010-10-29

Good morning.

FT Rocket & Wilkinson Sword (#1) > Semogue 1438 & D.R. Harris Almond > alum
> Henks' Dutch Moss after shave balm > Penhaligons Opus 1870 Eau de Toilette

SOTD_29Oct.jpg

- Very nice shave, very smooth, though still the Rocket doesn't feel that well balanced in my hands.
- Henks' Dutch Moss scent is lovely and not very heavy. Highly recommended.

Friday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: John Nesbitt
Brush: Ikon 24 mm silvertip chubby
Soap: Mama Bears Roses
AS cologne: Fonex Malibu
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean one today :D

It must be tons of clycerine in this soap. Today I tried to be careful and not load to much, but it exploded and after two passes and one touch up on the neck, it still looked like a newly whiped up bowl of lather (I´ll post a post bowl pic tonight). Very nice one today, almost like Perfection :D

SNB1413321024x766.jpg

As promissed, lather in bowl _after_ the shave:
SNB14136800x5962.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom