Friday

Rocket HD
Gillette 7 o'clock black
nf 2211
Bodyshop maca root shave cream
alum
bodyshop arber asb
mennen skin bracer

The 7 o'clock did give a close shave but was sore.Rally needed the asb.

Damian

Friday

Merkur 37c
Lord SC (1)
Simpson's Major (Best)
Godrej Shaving Round

Tabac AS
Nivea ASB

Nice to use the Major after what seems an age, good brush. Again the Godrej soap was very good indeed. The Lord SC blades are ok but not brilliant for me and a couple of weepers were apparent; however they were nothing that the caad watter rinse could not cure.

My 100ml Tabac AS was emptied this morning; its time to unleash the 300ml Fragrance X beast for a top-up.

All things considered I suppose that it was a decent shave.

:|

EJ89L + Boots own brand blade (3)
Omega 1005 + Erasmic stick
Alum
Chanel PM EDT

Happy with the Alum effect. The witch hazel has taken a back seat since I got it. I know some people use both but I can't see the point.

Shavemac D01 Silvertip : Taylor Eye Witness 5/8 : Figaro crema da Barba : Speick lotion : Comptoir Sud Pacifique "Barbier des îles" EdT

PA291170.jpg

PA291174.jpg

du212 said:
Mikael this razor looks very nice in the picture. I'm think that the wait for the picture of the bowl is worth it :hungrig

Don´t hold your breath though :lol: I took the bowl pic in the bathroom right before I had to rush off for work.

Friday

Razor: 1966 Slim Adjustable #6
Blade: BIC Chrome #2
Soap: Boots bowl
Brush: Vulfix 2235

Very nice shave, am liking this Slim.

Friday:

Pre: Hot facecloth
Cream: Trumpers Coconut oil
Brush: New Forest 2201
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Super Iridium
Cologne: Botticario de Habana

Not sure why, but the shave just felt a bit rough. Could be the cream (or rather trying to eke out a final shave from the sample). Could have been technique and not paying enough attention. It turned out ok in the end, though.

Very welcome shave after a couple of crap night shifts.
Finished the week rotation with the HD500 and super thin and what a very satisfying result.

After a hot shower It turned out to be a full Proraso event. The only outsider was the Trumpers lime skin food.

Nice and close very little irritation, and a nice menthol wake up call.

It's up to the slim to follow that up tomorrow. :lol:

Friday, 10.29.10

Aura Glow
Acqua di Parma Shave Soap/Cream
New Forest #2201 2-band
Akamatsu Manaslu M-55 square point & stiff grind
SRD Premium I Strop ... 50 Linen/90 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Spanish Floïd Suave

Just when I think my shave experience cannot get any better... It does!
This Manaslu is the first razor I've had professionally honed, and it shows me two things... I'm not an equal to the Pros yet, and I need a natural stone!
This was finished on an Escher, whereas I use the Naniwas. At first it would not pass an HHT, but after stropping... WOW!
The performance of this blade was outstanding!
I don't know whether the Acqua di Parma is a soft soap, or a hard cream. I've also heard it's quite expensive, but one only needs a small dab to make a huge mound of cushioning lather.
Everything was so nice, I finished off with the Floïd to complete an amazing shave!

Great shaves and pics this week from everyone... Thank you.

IMG_2321.jpg

Your Friday Flashback:

Razor: Mergress
Brush: NF 2211
Soap: Prairie-Creations Polo
Blade: Astra Stainless (trying to figure out if I like this blade or not)
Thayers Medicated
Prairie-Creations AS balm (Polo)
Dash of Proraso Splash for the smell and finishing touch.

I love the shaving pics on this site. I need to set up a little photo studio somewhere for
shave pics. My problem is all my soaps have been crammed into Tupperware containers, which
isn't terribly photogenic. I need an angle...let me think on this...I used to be a photo-journalist
in Iowa, pictures of lots of kids on trikes, a few burning barns...so need to take this genre to a
new level...maybe swim suited models would do the trick...

Have a good weekend, everyone.
Paul in Colorado

Friday, 10-29-10.

Mysore Sandal Soap - Vie-Long silvertip "afeitadoclasico.com LE" prototype 1 - Gillette Sheraton - Treet Cassic #1 - Pre 3P - Coates Sandalwood shaving cream - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Brummel + ASB 444.

Afeitado29-10-10002.jpg

Friday
White proraso pre/post
Neo Custom 2 band
Nannys Yushi Soap
Rolls razor
Alum
Thayers with Aloe
Proraso asb

Left very smooth, a bit more irritation than previously, but alum and ASB sorted it out.

Friday

Proraso sensitive pre/post
Muhle R106
Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge
Nanny's Lavender soap
Simpson's Keyhole 2 brush
Body Shop Razor Relief
Trumpers Eucris cologne sample

I normally shave every other day, but this morning I decided to shave after having shaved on Thursday morning as I was going off to see a recruitment consultant and I wanted to look at my best.

I know that others have noted that shaving 2 days in a row does not end up with a decent shave and it was the same for me this morning. Then again it may have been me being ultra cautious along my jawline because of who I was going to see, but the shave ended up very mild.

However, the Eucris sample was a delight, although I did end up using most of the sample because I struggled to get the cologne out of the vial and then whoosh...95% of it came out. It does smell lovely though and sniffing my wrist now (13 hours after application) I can still smell it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom