Shave of the day W/C Saturday 23rd April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hanging this morning after 2 days of house painting following my normal working week.
Showered with Original Source XXX Black Mint shower gel.

Shaved with Gillette Super Adjustable contaninig my first of 100 Personna
blades just bought from Ebay-set it at 7-had to dial back during shave to 4 ow :eek:
Soap was an Arko stick.

Verdict don't shave after this shower gel with a blade you don't know! Face has felt tight all day although there were no cuts.
Certainly woke me up though :lol:

Tim

RSC hot towel prep. Parker 98r razor. Gillette nacet blade. Chinese silvertip brush. Trumpers almond cream and dirty English soothing asb.

Been DE shaving for about 2 months now. Had my first xtg shave today without any blood!!! Not sure if it wad the gillette facet blade or my first use of a badger brush but really pleased!

On a side note I think the juicy couture dirty English soothing asb is great. Easily the best I have! Non greasy and really soothes! Strong scent may not be for everyone but I quite like it (as does the other half!)

Monday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip T2 (two band) Super
  • Palmolive shaving soap
  • Pinaud Lilac Vegetal aftershave[/list:u]

This is only the second ProGlide cartridge I've used since it was launched back at the end of Januray.

Just saying like.

Bank holiday Monday:

Up for work at 5 yet again.

Hot shower
Truefitt and Hill Lavender cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green (3)
Crabtree and Evelyn west indian lime cologne

Maybe one more shave in the T+H cream tube, second one I've got through since December. May buy a pot.
Decent shave overall.

Razor: Jose Monserrat Pou 14 "Medallón Taurino, Estocada"
Strop: Ambrose Spanish Horse 25/50
Brush: shavemac silvertip
lather: Kell's Amber SS + Palmolive SC
AS: Floïd Vigoroso
EdT: Parfums de Nicolai, Cedrat eau de Cologne
Summary: The Filarmonica brand is the most known and better spanish razor manufacturer. Before the use of this brand some razors were sold as Jose Monserrat Pou, the name of the Owner and founder of Filarmónica. This taurino is an amazing razor. Today my choice seems good, with this shavemac silvertip, but the soap is not the best for straight shaving (for shaving), I had to uberlather it with some cheap but effective Palmolive cream. Finally Floïd, never fails,...a good lotion with a classic scent.
Waves from Spain
Picture:
P4253072.jpg

Re: Easter Sunday

N_Architect said:
Merkur : Wilkinson : Shavemac : Floris : Santa Maria Novella

Show more

Χριστός Ανέστη

The "show more" link is very very dangerous.... :shave :D :hungrig

BTW you are a master of the shaving photography

Monday

White proraso pre/post
NF2201
Nannys Ice and Slice with goat
Muhle R41 +GST (1)
Natural Limes A/S
Proraso ASB

Had some neck irritation before the shave ( dont know why..), so took it easy, only 2 passes. Feels comfortable, but not as smooth as I would like.

Mysore sandalwood soap
Merkur 34 C HD
Vulfix super badger
T.O.B.S Sandalwood cream
feather blade
Alum
L'Ocittane Bavx balm
T.O.B.S Sandalwood Cologne
Liz Earle moisteriser

The last shave with this brush to soft and floppy like a Vicar's dick, it's got to go, other than that nice shave.

shaving003-1.jpg

Monday (Bank Holiday and sunny with blue skies) :cool:

Raiders of the Lost Ark Soundtrack

Hot towl
Gillette Slim Adjustable (setting 4)
Feather Hi-Stainless Double Edged razor blade (new)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Rose)
Alum block
Witch hazel
Trumpers skin food (Coral)
D R Harris Pink Aftershave Lotion

After first starting with a DE at the start of March I felt confident enough now in my technique to try the feather blade.

Very nice blades, very smooth shave and only a two pass (WTG & ATG) with light touchups.

Left the slim on setting 4 as this is pretty mild and the blade just cut off two days of thick stubble without an issue.

I might try the feather again tomorrow and see if my face is happy to use them as part of my blade rotation.

Very impressed and Mrs Rwoodcock01 commented that the shave looked and felt better to her.

Enjoy the bank holiday gentleman.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vinatge Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Iridium
unknown soap
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
St Johns Bay Rum cologne

Last few shaves have been good ones when using this no name soap. Found this small puck at a barber shop, and no one knew what the stuff was called. I figured for $2 it was worth a shot. Nice stuff actually, and I'll probably go back and pick up the last remaining one at some point.

BBS results,

Martin

Saturday - no shave

Sunday - same set up as Friday to finish off the blade on a 2 day stubble.

Monday

Bath

Cold water shave
T&H Pre-shave Oil
Feather AS-D1
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
NF HMB 2221
Martin de Candre Savon a Raser
WTG - XTG - XTG + touch ups
Superdrug WH
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Got a few new blades in last week to try, so loaded up with a Gillette Silver Blue for today's shave. Very impressed with the GSB. All the blades I've tried to date have had a degree of roughness to them on the first shave and have settled down in subsequent shaves. The GSB is a different beast all together for me. A lovely smooth blade right out of the box and very sharp too. Did my usual 3 passes but when it came to the touch ups I could not find much to touch up - just the area around the chin but nothing needed along the jaw line and neck area. Can't wait to see how these develop.

Damn fine shave :D

TTFN. . .

Monday(I think)

Merkur 38C
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Sante Soap*
Aqua Velva a/s

Did my first stint as a volunteer at my local RSPB reserve this morning, so no shave until I got home.

*I'm reaching this conclusion that Provence Sante is the best soap that I have ever used, which is typical as it looks like it may disappear. Still, I put my order in last week for a few more.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom