Not open for further replies.
Saturday

White proraso pre/post
NF2201
White proraso soap
Muhle R41 + derby (2)
Natural limes A/S
proraso ASB

a fine result. Not sure about the derby blade still, - had to go over a few place more than normal.

Shower

EJ DE89
Red Personna (2)
Men U brush
Ingrams
One Planet Balm
GFT Astor Cologne

Three passes and touch ups and a head shave. Great cream and a great blade so a great shave.

Off out for some ales and football.....

Happy St Georges Day all.......

Saturday

Saint George's Day

Merkur Futur
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Sante Soap
Alum
Bulldog asb

It seems that more English people celebrate St. Patrick's Day than St. Georges Day. Probably owing to the acts of the BNP, and reactions of the over liberal.

You dare not celebrate being English these days, for fear of being branded a racist.

Fly the flag of St. George, but be prepared to be talked about by your Guardian-reading neighbours.

Ian

Sigurd's Day
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip T2 Super
  • D R Harris Lavender shaving soap
  • Pinaud Lilac Vegetal aftershave[/list:u]

This weekend will involve some climbing, a football match and a round of golf.

Saturday, 23.Abr.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 830
Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Puríssima
Edwin Jagger DE86
Derby Extra Horizontal
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Proraso Crema Liquida

P1030733.jpg

In Stoke for Easter with the family..........weather is sunny and bright so all is good in my world.
Shave:-
Prep, hot shower.
Thin Handle 1940's British Tech.
Supermax blade
TOBS Travel Brush
GFT Cream
Floid Blue A/S (Spanish), been using this for a few days now and really like it. A definite keeper........
Off to do the round visiting the rest of the family before I have the slog down the Motorway home to London tomorrow.

Saturday

Simpson Chubby 2 In Best
Superspeed TV Special
7 o'clock Black
Castle Forbes lime Shaving Cream
Ogallala Limes & Peppercorn A/S

I drove past castle Forbes yesterday so I just had to use her superb cream this morning.Lovely shave.

Mark

Saturday:
Up early for work. Bah.

Hot shower
Truefitt and Hill lavender cream
Edwin jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green (1)
Caldey Island lavender A/S

Smooth and fresh.

Merkur 34 C HD
Mitchells Woolfat
Simpsons Duke 3
Gilette super thin
Alum
Crabtree & Evlyn calming creme
T.O.B.S Sandalwood Cologne

My favoured blade up till now, lovely smooth shave, warm and sunny, what more could you want, well besides Kelly brook naked except for a pair of stockings & heels, then not much else! :)

004-1.jpg

Saturday, 04-23-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran two bands - Vintage Feather razor - 7 O'clock Super Stainless #1 - Pre JASÖN - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Florida Water.

Afeitado23-04-11003.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Kirby Beard/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Caron 'Yatagan' AS (1970s version)
Caron 'Yatagan' EdT (1970s version)

Been a while since using the Kirby and I noticed I've gotten a little lazy. Yeah, the other razors I've recently been shaving with needed little or no attention to detail, but that's not the case with this French thing. I had to remind myself to go a bit slower, and to rarely ever use any pressure. It's kinda like shaving with a mild open comb, if that makes any sense.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Kirby recent 002.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 58
Ssturday PM

Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel
Merkur HD
SuperMax Stainless (2)
Kent BK2
Palmolive Classic cream, bowl-lathered
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Plaster on my finger where I cut it whilst taking the blade out of the razor to rinse it after shaving :oops: :lol:

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG

Result: DFS, tiny bit of irritation in usual spot

Well, not quite as good as Thursday''s shave, but still much better than recent Merkur shaves. Slipped-up slightly when making the lather, so it was a bit dry for the first pass. Added a few drops more water to get correct consistency for subsequent passes. Irritation resulted from trying to get close enough to last tomorrow, as we're visiting friends and I won't have time to shave tomorrow AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom