Shave of the day W/C Saturday 23rd April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warm shower prep.

Music:- AC/DC

Soap:- Mitchell Wool Fat

Razor:- Dusted off my Merkur Futur. Also used my Goodfella satin Black & my Merkur 39c Slant

Blades:- Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow, Treet, & 7 O'Clock

Post shave:- Alum block & Aloe Vera gel

1 pass WTG with the Futur, 1 pass XTG with the Goodfella and tidy up the missed bits with the Slant.

Really getting to grips with lathering the MWF, have not used the Futur for a bit, not really sure why but it really is very good for beard reduction.

Result:- Lovely smooth shave, one of my best yet! :D

Saturday
Floris JF SS/Vie Long E16505 brush/Edwin Jagger DE87 with Gillette Rubie/Art of Shaving Balsam/Acqua Borsari Parma Colonia
P1160790.jpg

Saturday Evening

St Georges Day

Hot Shower
NF2213 Chunky
Boots Cool Cologne Cream
Kropp 6/8
Ever Ready 1912 SE & Gem blade
Alum
Gevenchy Gentleman AS

Been away for a week in a static caravan and shaving has been awkward so it was nice to get back home to a good shower and decent bathroom.

I hadn't shaved since Thursday morning days so I had a designer stubble look going on which 2 passes of the Kropp mowed down and a buff up with the SE produced a super smooth finish.

Off to sleep in a my own bed shortly! Little make up for the end of a very pleasant holiday :)

Ostara
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip T2 Super
  • D R Harris Almond shaving soap[/list:u]

Happy Easter Sunday.

Up early again for work, someone has to.

Hot shower
Truefitt and Hill lavender cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green (2)
Ogalalla bay rum, limes and peppercorns

Decent.

shower

Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna Cream
Gillette 1966 SuperSpeed
Wilkinson Sword Classic blade
Wilkinson Sword brush

Armani Aqua di Gio aftershave balm

Easter Sunday

Merkur : Wilkinson : Shavemac : Floris : Santa Maria Novella

Show more

Χριστός Ανέστη

Domingo, 24.Abr.2011
Easter Day

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1305
Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Puríssima
Mühle R89
Super Iridium
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Bottega Verde Uomo Balsamo Dopobarba Riparatore

P1030734.jpg

Happy Easter day for everybody! :D

Easter Sunday

Mühle R89
Israeli Personna Red Pack (3 or 4 can't remember)
Bluebeard Shave cream
New Forest Tubby 2
Trumpers Coral Skin Food
Trumpers Moisturiser

Have good easter Gents.

God Bless you all on this day.

ooooooo hangover!!!!!

Bath
Kerrang Radio

EJ DE89
Red Personna (3)
Men U brush
GFT Limes cream
Essentials Balm
GFT Limes Cologne

Three passes and a touch up. Didnt get an especially limes scent to the cream but thats probably because my senses are protesting after too much ale. Happy Easter all.

Easter Sunday:

C V Heljestrand 4/8
EJ de87 + Shark ss
New Forest two band
Palmolive cream
Bulldog asb

Second outing with the straight - was a bit more adventurous and did one full pass, then XTG on the cheeks and another WTG on the neck. It's certainly a steep learning curve, and took ages. No nicks or weepers though :) . Tidied up with the de87. Nice.

Jos

Sunday, 04-24-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran two bands - Feather vintage - 7 O'clock Super Stainless #2 - Pre JASÖN - Coate's Limited Edition shaving cream sample - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL SPARK.

Afeitado24-04-11-1.jpg

Happy Easter All!

I took a trip in the sunshine to Taylor's of Old Bond Street yesterday and got myself a bowl of the Jermyn Street shaving cream for sensitive skin, so this was my first shave with it.
Another first - I also used a Gillette Super Thin blade for the first time and I must say, it was the closest and most comfortable shave I've ever had. One of those where you can't help but touch your own face every five minutes afterwards! Thanks to JohnnyO for the blades, have ordered myself thirty!

Shave of the Day: 24/04/2011:

Soundtrack: XFM

Prep: Hot Bath, Baxter's of California Face Wash & Kyle's prep

Shave: Gillette Tech, Gillette Super Thin Blade, Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Brush & TOBS Jermyn Street Shaving Cream.

Post: Boots Witch Hazel, Clinique After Shave Healer & Holland & Barrett 99.9% Aloe Vera Gel.

Result: As above, an amazing, smooth and close shave. I think I've found my perfect combination!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom