Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 22nd Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kent H4 : Merkur 37G : Plisson SS : Home Institut ASB : Borsari 1870 EdT

P1232295.jpg

Sunday, 01-23-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Gillette Aristocrat #58 Coronation Set - Astra Super Platinum #2 - Pre Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Sir Irisch Moos shaving soap - Alum block - ASL Sir Irisch Moos + ASB Truefitt & Hill.

Afeitado23-01-11001.jpg

MWF Hand Soap,
Sir Irisch Moos SS Stick,
Merkur 33c/ Feather(?),
Alum Block,
GFT Coral SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

Giving the straight an other day off and my face a rest.
A lovely shave with the DE today. :D

Sunday January 23

Savile Row 3824
Coates LE Shave Cream
Gillette Red Tip SS with Lord Platinum (3rd shave)
Grey Flannel A/S
Grey Flannel Edt

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old Ever Ready butterscotch badger
Schick L type injector/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Speick SS (milled into a bowl)
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' AS

Well, I had the injector out anyway to trim the mustache later in my shave, and figured I'd just use it for the whole shave. Coulda been better if I'd have used a different blade, but it was still a nice experience. If I was gonna use the injector regularly I'd pick an old Personna blade of some type. Heh, some of those blades can be amazingly sharp, which is a good thing in this case.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday

Art of Shaving lavander SS/Merkur Progress with Gillette Superthin/Vulfix 404 boar and badger/Thayers lavander lotion/444 alum block/Art of Shaving lavander balm (sample)

This brush is amazing:performs better than many of my more expensive badger brushes and,like the good wine,gets better with time (and use)

Sunday

GEM Micromatic
GEM SE blade
Tabac soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Lloyds Chemist Witch Hazel
Simple for Men AS Balm
Tabac AS

Totall impressed by the Micromatic; a two-pass BBS. It's the only SE that doesn't threaten to slice the skin if I run it up and over the point of my chin or my jawline when clearing the problem areas; I'm well-pleased with this latest purchase.

IanM said:
joe mcclaine said:
Swimming again this morning. As much as I enjoy swimming as part of my health and fitness routine one of the main things that keeps me going to the pool is seeing just how size 18 ladies manage to fit into size 14 swimming cotumes.

Shabba!

Like 6lbs of sausage meat stuffed into a condom.

Ian
ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pre - Hot shower
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot
Soap - Dr Harris Lavender
Razor - Dovo 6/8 Bismarck
AS - Dr Harris milk of cucumber and roses sample

My straight shaves are getting better and closer each day now with this new razor. The wee scot still amazes me at how much lather it can hold for its size compared to bigger brushes. Decided to miss out the alum and witch hazel AS and just use the moisturiser. Very comfortable!

5382784550_25a98f9c8b.jpg

Sunday Night

Hot bath to ease the grazes and bruises sustained when I found the greasy part of the corner on my bike today.
Omega 81052
BS Maca Root Cream
Ever ready SE
Gem Blade
Alum
Gillette series ASB

BBS, smooth and easy. Loving the Ever Ready tanks Parwin for the PIF.

Monday

Gillette Mach 3 turbo
Ever Ready 150 with NF 220 Knot
Proraso Sensitive

First time with the Proraso, not over impressed no irritation from it but the shave is noware as nice or close as I get with Palmolive. The New Forest Knot WOW, Peter claimed it was as soft if not softer than a Simpsons two band, he was being modest it's far softer and from the word go better performing. If it was worth re knotting my Simpsons that's the knot that would go in.

simmo3801 said:
Razor - Dovo 6/8 Bismarck

That's a great looking razor. Well worth a photograph.

Monday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom