Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 22nd Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree!..im sure nothing feels better than a straight razor n menthol!... :shave

B

BlacknTan said:
Saturday, 1.22.11

Aura Glow and Hot Towel Treatment ... I deserve it!
Ingram Shave Cream
Badger brush from the New Forest
R. Helliwell Crystal 9/16ths
Tony Miller Strop .. 75 Linen/90 Latigo
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Bloc Osma Alum
Osage Rub AS

I knew the Crystal was a nice blade, but as my skills on the stones improves, so does the edge on this diminutive little blade!
I decided for menthol all 'round today with the Ingram cream and the Osage Rub, which I haven't used since summer..

Outstanding!

IMG_3065-2.jpg

Saturday, 22.Jan.2011

Simpson Duke 3
Ogalla Soap
Gillette Red Tip SS with Lord Platinum blade (2nd use)
Pinaud Clubman A/S
Trumper's Spanish Leather Edt

Pre: Hot shower.
Soap: T+H luxury hard soap.
Brush: TOBS pure badger travel brush.
Merkur 23C, Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2).
After: Ogalalla Bay Rum, limes and peppercorns flavour.

T+H's hard soap is a beauty. Lashings of lather with a beautiful old fashioned smell.
No matter. You don't wear a soap scent all day. So today I smelt of Limes and Peppercorns. Not bad at all!

Great pic CanucksTraveller, as you, I like the classic lavender scent of the T&H luxury shaving soap, it goes well with my beloved lavender colognes and it produces excellent lather.

Thanks for the message, you are so kind

Friday & Saturday

1949/50 Gillette Superspeed
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Scottish Fine Soaps Classic Male Grooming Shave Soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Lloyds Chemist Distilled Witch Hazel
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating Post-Shave Balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

Decided to shave with exactly the same setup for two days, since people still have a very poor opinion of this soap. I still can't see why - it's on par with MWF performance-wise, and leaves the skin just as soft & supple. It's jumped right in there with my other top soaps - it's a cracker! Two days, two perfect two-pass shaves.

Nice Sunday Brunch Type of Shave

Modern , Stainless Steel Razor
New Personna Blade
Jade Chubby Badger Shave Brush
La Toja Shave Stick

ikonmodernrazor.jpg

Heading out for some eggs and bacon now

joe mcclaine said:
Sunday
Swimming again this morning. As much as I enjoy swimming as part of my health and fitness routine one of the main things that keeps me going to the pool is seeing just how size 18 ladies manage to fit into size 14 swimming cotumes.

Of course, they are obviously thinking much the same thing about Vinny in his Speedos.

Shabba!

Yeah, I can "see" their thoughts: "how can such an arse fit in those tiny speedos?" :lol:

joe mcclaine said:
Swimming again this morning. As much as I enjoy swimming as part of my health and fitness routine one of the main things that keeps me going to the pool is seeing just how size 18 ladies manage to fit into size 14 swimming cotumes.

Shabba!

Like 6lbs of sausage meat stuffed into a condom.

Ian

Sunday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Woof Fat Soap
Alum
Pierre Cardin Iris Sauvage a/s

Couldn't face the straight today. I think it was the inch-long red line on my chin that did it.

Ian

Sunday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 8
Razor: Henkotsu
Soap: Cella
AS: Mennen
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Wo hoo! :D Second day with the japanese razor (long time since I shaved with the same razor two days in a row) and today was much closer than yesterday. Ohra wasn´t faced out all the time, but I think this is how I´ll do it from now. Most of the time I kind of hold it "right" though. Enough lather for our son to shave aswell (Mach3 with japanese touch ups by me, on easy parts :D).
P1230005800x589.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom