Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 20th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday

5/8 J Gleave & Son Hollow Ground, Nanny's Ice and a Slice cream, Simpsons Commodore X1,
Razorock Alum stick, Gillette Series Intense Cooling balm, Floid Blue AS

Sunday.
'Real shaving Co.' face scrub, applied with exfoliating gloves.
'Real Shaving Co.' shave cream.
'Men - U' pure bristle brush.
Merkur Futur.
Plain old 'Morrisons' blade. 2 passes.
'Real Shaving Co.' soothing balm.
A V smooth finish, might be one I'd call a two day shave.

Sunday

Proraso sensitive pre/post
Gillette Slim adjustable + Gillette Super Thin
Frank Shaving Silvertip
Body Shop Maca Root shaving cream
GFT Coral Skin Food sampler
Arko Classic Soft Krem

A lovely shave with the Slim. I want to like the Skin Food as I would like to place an order of it for Christmas. It calms my face down, but it does feel like I have put on a mask afterwards as others have noted before, I am not sure :?

Saying that my skin felt lovely and smooth an hour or two afterwards :thumbsup:

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: Omega 599
Soap: Prairie-Creations Bubble Gum

Wring 2x. 1min 45. 3 pass. Dried 1st pass. Bit thin sans cushion. Stubble.

Monday

Merkur 34C HD
Feather (1)
Simpsons 57 2 band super
MB Unscented in woodern bowl
Alum

Had a perfect shave today, the feathers have been a milestone! That was until I applied the alum, my clear neck went to red spotty neck, another item off the list.

Monady morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest 2201 extra stuffed
Soap: MWF
Razor: Wade and Butcher
AS: Code
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Clean
Second atempt with MWF (for a while) and my skin seems to hold . I think my skin just is to oily and the fat in the Fat gets to much for it and produces pimples, seems to work now when it´s cold. Love the stuff though - slick, thick and chunky

Monday:
Hot towel,
Ever Ready 12a/Body Shop Macca Root Cream
Superspeed/Personna red
Alum
Porters Hired Hand

No fuss, no problems, smooth
Regards, beejay

Monday

Muhle R41 OC
Derby Extra (2)
Wilkinson Sword Boar
Arko Soap Stick

Tabac AS
Nivea ASB

The Derby blade (scoff as you wish!) and the R41 is a great team. I have a theory about the Wilky brush; it's the first brush most people buy and they move quickly on - we all do - to acquire grander products, but once it is properly broken in it is a very seriously good boar brush, for soaps I wouldn't be without it.

Another very good Autumn shave.

Good Monday morning,

Prorsao Pre/post as a pre shave.
Omega boar brush
Men-U shave cream
Bic single blade disposible razor.
Proraso AS splash

Swimming today, so didn't bother with the usual pre-shave prep (a hot bath). I dolloped on a goodly amount of the proraso pre/post, rubbed it well in and had a cup of tea while the cream did its stuff. I don't usually bother with special pre shave products as I don't feel that the benefits are worth the faff involved. I am still of the same opinion as I didn't notice much difference using the proraso. Maybe my skin was a little more supple.

The Men-U cream made a nice change and kept with the minty menthol feel of this shave. Finishing off with the proraso splash made for a brrrilliant shave!

A while back I was critical of the Bic disposable razor. However, after over a month shaving with a lightweight cartridge system, my cartridge technique has come back to me and the Bic did the job just fine.

Thanks

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH Reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Storer 'Monk' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.