Mysore sandalwood soap
Merkur 34C-HD
Astra Blade
NF Finest Silvertip
TOBS Sandalwood cream
Alum
TOBS Sandalwood Balm + Propolis
TOBS Sandalwood Eau de cologne

Smooth shave, not used the Astra to many times before nice blade, one pass shave with minor touch up, I have a small cold sore just above my top lip, so I left that small area, then at the end of the shave I finished with the Bic then instanly binned it. overall a very enjoyable shave.

Jamie

002.jpg

Wednesday 6th July

Arko - New Forest 2201 - TV Rocket - 7 o'clock Green - Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns​

Was in a rush this morning so just a quick single pass. Decent enough.

Wednesday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper's Rose Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Not used the GFT Rose for ages, so it was very nice indeed to open the lid of the bowl and get that lovely rose scent.

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
vintage Dior 'Eau Sauvage' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday

Sprock 6/8 - NF2213 - Vulfix English Rose - Alum - Xeryus AS
4hq52.jpg

The Sprock was an ebay win and arrived yesterday in pretty good condition. After a gentle polish and a quick honing it took a lovely edge which is certainly as sharp as any of my better razors.​

Thanks for taking the time to comment, Martin, it is appreciated :).

Hot shower
La Toja stick (thanks Frenchblade!), face lathered with
New Forest T2
Edwin Jagger DE89, with
Gillette 7OC Yellow (3)
Nivea ASB

Scent unexciting but lots of very good quality easily-produced lather - these sticks are good :). Was a perfect shave up until the touchups, when a cavalier swipe ATG on the throat produced a neat horizontal line of four little spots. Hey ho, one lives and learns (I hope).

Wednesday 07- 06-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran Two Bands 25X53 - Merkur 37C Slant - Feather #4 - Pre JASÖN - Sir Irisch Moos shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Sir Irisch Moos - ASL Sir Irisch Moos.

Afeitado06-07-11-1.jpg

EJ DE89
Astra (5)
Vulfix Bodger
RSC Cream
One Planet Balm
Gucci Sport EDT

Head and face shave. The astra just seems to be getting in its stride!

Thursday

Muehle R41 (vintage) and Wilkinson
Semogue 2000
O-Melhor shave cream
Brummel after shave
Chanel Allure Edition Blanche after shave balm
[Guerlain Vetiver Eau de Toilette]

SOTD_07Jul.jpg

The discontinued (now 'old') Muehle open comb is more aggressive than your average open comb razor, tends to approach my Tuckaway, blade gap is a fair bit and I like that. Handle could be less slippery but on the other hand the turn knob at the bottom is well designed and offers great grip for screw-in and out.

Once you get the angle right with these razors, they give an outstanding shave - forget what they say about aggressiveness; if your technique is good and solid, you have nothing to be afraid of.

The Semogue 2000 is a lovely brush, never fails to disappoint me, wish the handle was just larger (like my new 'Le Tuft' for example).

First use of the O-Melhor cream, excellent in all respects.

Re the Brummel after shave and the Chanel balm, I've made comments in other SOTDs. The Brummel is what I would describe the 'ideal' barbershop after shave lotion scent, at least from what I remember that to be since childhood. The Chanel balm is very nice, calms the face and the scent is quite subtle.

Overall a nice and clean shave, even though I made an extra (and as usual unnecessary) XTG/ATG mix pass on the neck, which led to very minor irritation.

Picture taken with my Nokia E72, tried to get a bit more sleep this am... :sleepy:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
vintage Aramis 'Havana' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom