Sunday

Muhle R89, Personna
AoS pure badger
RSC shaving cream
Biotherm Aquatic Lotion

- Two passes, fine job
- Got the water mix right so the cream gave great lather
- Badger did great job, first use since I bought it in DC back in May '08
- The Biotherm is mainly for warm summer days, no scent, nothing special overall

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 52
spandexcodpiece said:
..No malice intended my friend. You know what they say " It takes one to know one" I've been a bit of a looney all my life :D

spandex..

Hey, no offense taken spandex - I just didn't notice anything much of note that was out of the ordinary in my post.
  • ... other than (maybe) getting the mistakes fixed in just one edit I mean.[/list:u]
    • I'm not a looney; I'm sanity-challenged.
      • OK, just kidding - I am a bit of a loon but only sometimes.
        • ... alright, by sometimes, I really mean: more times than not
          • ... by which I really mean much of the time I can be somewhat loon-ish
            • ... 'much of the time' of course, meaning most of the time
              • well, most can, usually, be more easily thought of as 'almost all' of the time[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                ... nevemind - I am a looney.

Monday

Gillette Flair Tipped Rocket
Irridium
RVC 2 Band
Tabac Stick
Alum
Speick ASL

This Tabac stick is definately milder in scent than the cake I have & it is actually very nice.

Monday
1970 Gillette SS / Red Personna (forgot I had these - found them in my "to sell" box)
Semogue 1305
Tabac soap
Old Spice aftershave

Gone fishin'

Good Monday morning folks.

Imperial Leather bar soap wash
Tabac shaving soap
Men-U Pure bristle brush
Feather and Futur
Alum
Tabac AS splash

1st time ever with the Tabac soap, and it was lovely. It has the whiff of the Imperial Leather about it. Seems that all of the hype is correct.

1st time also using alum. I rubbed it on my wet face after the cold water rinse and that was it. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen here. There were no bright lights or fanfares. I'll give it the rest of the week and see how it goes, but first impressions are that it's a layer of faff that I could manage quite well without.

Thanks and regards.

Monday

Hot towel
Ever Ready 12a ( only just found out what it is :)/ EJ Sandalwood cream
Gillette flair/Shark blade(new)
Alum
Cade ASB

First class shave :D Ive not used the Sharks for a while but what a great performer that blade is.
It works well in the gillette so I think i'll stick with the pairing for a while.

regards, beejay

Monday

Trumper Razor
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Taylor Rose Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother
Penhaligon's Endymion edt

Ian

Monday

Futur (1st pass on 3 then set to 5)
Gilletter 7 o'clock Permasharp Green packet day 1
Vulfix 2235 Super
Crabtree and Evelyn soap nomad
Alum
Gillette ASB
Aquatonic AS
Xeryus EDT

BBS :)

Gillette SS 57
Derby (2)
Semogue 2015HD
TOBS St James
Alum
Lacura Day Cream (missus has movedontosomething else - this is nice moisturiser)
Blue Stratos

Getting better at bowl lathering - and with all the wise advice enjoyed 4 passes with warm lather :shave

The Super Speed is not as frightening as my Futur, but still gives a good shave with a few more passes.

Son loves it - he used my Feather Travel (without blade) - and we smell the same too :D

Monday (holiday :cool:

Gave up on the 88 for now and returned to a more usual weekday shave with less aggressive technique

Same EJ DE89 with Personna blade (last day of use - will swap both blade and razor tomorow)
Warmed brush scuttle
Tabac bowl soap
Simpsons PJ2 in 2 band
2 pass shave with touch up
Thayers witch hazel
DR Harris A/S milk
Left for an hour then some Pinaud Clubman shave talc

Todays new product was the C&S Rose cologne, it is a nice room scenter :lol: but not something I want in a scent that I wear.

The end result was not quite as good as I had hoped, after two aggressive shaves with a Personna I will bin it next time; I could feel a slight tug off the blade but carried on just because it wasn't too bad. I was being cautious with the choice of this blade and razor combination because C&S 88 soap was unknown to me, perhaps I will try it with something that has a little bit more bite next time.

Monday

Proraso Pre
TGS Silvertip
Proraso
Merkur 34C w/ Persona
Real Shave co. Moisturiser

2 pass, nothing more needed.

Monday

Old Spice OC Razor
Feather (2)
Omega 80056
Palmolive Soap/Erasmic Cream [Uberlather]
Alum
Witch Hazel
One Planet AB
Pashana AS

The OS razor is a very aggressive razor, even more than the Slant, so I like to live dangerously occasionally so I loaded a Feather into it, this paring is not for the unexperienced (KIDS don't try this at home!!!]. I took my time and had a very careful shave and got a BBS.

Have a jolly spiffing day Chaps.

TTFN

Tony

Monday

RSC Face scrub
Boots soap
Commodore
Gillette Tech
Wilkinson blade
RSC balm

Good results, great lather from the soap so tried going XTG on my chin, got a little irritation but the best results so far. This is good - I'm getting daily improvements (famous last words!)

Monday

Merkur 23c
Feather (3)
RSC Shave2 Moisturising cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom