Shave of the day w/c Saturday 1st May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday 05-07-10. TABAC's day.

Soap from Alepo - Pre Proraso - Semogue 830 - Schick Krona - Feather #3 - TABAC shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL spanish Floïd Blue..

Afeitado07-05-10.jpg

Evening folks.

I thought I'd get in on the pictorial display of pogonotomistic appurtenances too!

SotD07-05-2010-001f.png

PreShave: a few drops of my own home-brew "Urban Hermit's All Agrog" Bay Rum Oil
Merkur 39c Slant & Barber Pole with a Bolzano Superinox*
Mitchell's Wool Fat with men-u Barbiere bristle
alum
my own home-brew Experiment 2 Witch hazel & aloe spritz
ASL: also my own home-brew "Urban Hermit's Bay Rum Baba Balm"
Cold water shave in the evening as per my usual... I think the MWF might be considered very well suited to cold water work.

* Note: quite classy packaging (and did a pretty good job in the 39c). The Bolzano blades are double-wrapped, and instead of 4 blobs of glue, 2 tiny dabs of oil are used to keep the almost wax-paper-like inner wrapper in place. Then the kit and its kaboodle are wrapped up in a snazzy clean, crisp, sophisticated 'modern classic' -styled bond paper wrapper sealed with one small dab of glue. They sell in a card stock box (five blades), with similar graphics/typography to the outer paper wrapper; just waiting until the lucky shaver is ready to open the parcel.

Saturday

Men-u Pure Bristle
Cella
Slant, 37c
Feather (1)
Alum
Boots WH/Tea Tree 'splash'
Nivea Sensitive AS Balm

Second attempt with the slant (first was with a 'swede'). I tried different angles, pressures but I cannot get a close shave from it. For me it seems to be quite a 'safe'/mild razor and good for WTG passes. More experimenting required.
Loving the Cella though.

Used Nivea Balm for the first time in ages today. It's ok but I'll stick to my usual for now.

Missed yesterdays shave,

Friday

Much the same as Thursday,

Proraso Pre/Post before breakfast and coffee
Long hot shower,
EJ Chatsworth acrylic handle and Personna blade
Warmed brush scuttle
Nann'y Yushu soap
Rooney 1/2 Heritage
3 pass shave with touch up
Thayers witch hazel
Thayers moistruriser
Farenheight A/S

Nice shave, the Yushu soap produces a good slick lather and the scent is quite pleasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom