Shave of the day w/c Saturday 1st May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday 04-30-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Pre Proraso - Semogue 830 - Maravilla Micrométrica spanish safety razor - Shark #2 - La Toka stick in a puck - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB La Toja + ASL La Toja.

Afeitado30-04-10001.jpg

Saturday
Feather AC / Professional blade
Semogue 1305 brush
'Vintage' Old Spice soap
'Vintage' Old Spice aftershave

this is the worst of the day...sozz

Saturday 0555 am

K o shaves gel...(s***e}
double eagle razor
bluebird razor

was in a hurry.....BUT...OTHER STUFF PACKED AWAY

NEVER GONNA USE THEM EVER EVER AGAIN

Saturday

Ever-Ready 1912
Personna Carbon SE (1)
Kent VS30
Da Fat
Alum
Gillette Series AB
Tabac AS

1st time with a carbon blade and not impressed, much harder work to get a shave out of it, maybe I got a duff one but I will continue with this blade.

Have a spiffing day Chaps.

TTFN

Tony

Saturday

Geo. F. Trumper Razor (I think it's a Jagger)
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Tabac Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Czech & Speake #88

Bought the GFT razor from n1vl0, and it's very much like a Jagger Chatsworth. It has a Merkur head, and even though my past experiences with a Merkur 34C were not brilliant, there were no issues with the shave today :)

Ian

P160 soap
Genco "easy aces" straight
Omega 49 silvertip
Witch hazel
Bulldog asb

This brush is taking a bit of getting used to, requires a fair bit of soap and water to get going, very soft if a bit floppy but good once it gets going, certainly one for those days i fancy something different.

Shave was incredibly close, three passes i think i'll give some diamond paste a go, im really enjoying edges from the flexcut gold on balsa.

p1070063e.jpg

Saturday

Futur (3)
Astra (2)
Palmolive soap
Vulfix 2235 Super
Alum
Gillette ASB

Didn't seem to do anything different but the lather just want right, consequently not as smooths as it should have been! I suspect I didn't get enough soap on the brush to start with.

Saturday

Futur (5)
Feather (2)
Tabac stick
Kent BK4
Boots Witch Hazel
Simple For Men AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Saturday

Fatboy
Super Iridium(1)
404 bodger
nannys yushu
alum
nivea sensitive asb/Benjamins bay rum

Did'nt chance the fourth shave with the last iridium .Fatboy has'nt caused any problems and all BBS , will have to try a few different blades . First try of the Benjamin's today (based on recommendation from Vinnie, nice one) it did'nt sting too much ( I actually like a good 'sting' from aftershave ) , smell is not too strong , Cloves and spice and rum ,lovely.

Damian

Saturday

Hot towel
Merkur 38C/7 O'clock yellow
404mix/EJ Sandalwood cream
Alum
Nivea Replenishing ASB

I dont think Im a fan of 7o'clock yellows anymore, maybe they dont like the 38C ? :?
Shave was ok but not great. :(
The coffee afterwards was much better :D

Saturday

Gillette Tech
Wilkinson blade
Boots soap
Commodore
RSC balm

Had a shave straight after the shower this morning, despite having a light shave last night as well. Three passes, WTG, 45° and then XTG. Still felt rough around the jawline, so decided to try a ATG touchup. Felt draggy when doing it and thought I was going to get a bad burn, but so far nothing. It's my cleanest shave so far, still a couple of rough patches on my neck, but my face is the best it's ever been - almost bbs. I'm thinking preshave routine is of paramount importance to getting close for me, as the shave itself felt nothing special aside from the touchup and the lather wasn't the best I've had (two nicks) but the results are a real improvement.

Saturday

'59 Fatboy
Croma Diamant (2)
SWK Scuttle
Neo Finest 2-band
Tabac SS
Alum
Tabac AS

Another fine shave.

Enjoy the day gents. (Army v's Navy rugby at Twickenham today! C'mon the Reds - make it another win - it would be 9 in a row i think!)

I am not a regular contributor to this section but I have a week off work and some "interesting" things to try this week. I will try to remember to post in here at least this week as a sort of self diary on some of these new things.

Saturday

Wanted a superb shave so preparation started last night, some Proraso Pre/Post with a little skinfood mixed on my hands and spread over face before going to bed.

Woke up 10am great....not often I can sleep this long so off to a great start
Proraso pre/post before coffee and breakfast
Long hot shower
EJ DE89 with Personna blade
Warmed brush scuttle
Czech & Speake 88 shaving soap
Simpsons Conolel X2L 2 band brush
4 pass shave with touch up
Thayers witch hazel
Body shop seaweed plain moisturiser (only a little)
Aqua Velva
Result smooth as silk and calm skin.

This combination gave me probably the best shave I have had in a long time. The C&S soap was the main "new" thing in todays shave. I don't know quite how to put this but it is strange. The scent was quite sour to me not bitter like turned milk but if you have smelled the 88 cologne then this had traces of it but not enough rose for me. It is not a bad scent and I will see how that changes as the soap becomes more hydrated but the performance of this soap simply blew me away, I really mean it. For the last week I have been using Penns EF old formula (Tallow First) and that is a soap of gods so this is praise indeed that this seems at least as good and is in production now.

Parking the scent issue which may be an expectation thing because I expected it to mimic the cologne more, this cake exploded with lather and I am talking Tabac quality lather in terms of protection and I do not say this lightly. I went at the shave quite agressively last pass was against the grain, right now I should be appearing on the met office weather map as a bright red splothch but nothing, hardly a rash.

Initial impressions are very good but bear in mind this was the perfect shave with ample skin preparation, I will see how well it does in a day to day scenario with my normal prep before I declare it a front line soap. I just hope the smell grows on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom