Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

Hot shower followed by hot towel
Proraso pre
Nanny's latest lime sorbet or ice and a slice with NF2201
Murker 38R Red personna (3)
Block osma
proraso followed Trumpers skin food.

Great Shave today. Switched back to the Murker and was astonished at how mild it felt to the Super speed. Perhaps its just me improving.
Nanny's Cool Limes was great. Lathered really nice and gave great protection. The lime was divine (i too like lime and would like more) However the menthol may have been over powered by the proraso pre shave. I will use the Trumpers next time and see if i can discern more ice. Really pleased with it though and would buy it for the limes. Shave was great and resulted in a DFS.

Tuesday,

Hot shower and hot towel
Sensor excel
Semogue 830
Nannys lime prototype
Thayers witch Hazel
Brut AS

The nannys was excellent with a very strong lime smell, I couldn't tell there was menthol.

Tuesday:

Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort pre-shave oil
Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort cream
New Forest 2201
Edwin Jagger DE87
Derby blade
Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort ASB
Acca Kappa 1869 cologne

The Derby gave a close, comfortable shave with little effort in just two passes. I really like using the T&H Ultimate Comfort range - I'm undecided whether the pre-shave does contribute to the quality of the shave, and I know that opinion on here is divided. I may try the same setup tomorrow without the oil and see what happens.

Tuesday

Slim Adj
Gillette Platinum (1)
Neo Finest 2-Band
Nanny's Lime & Menthol
Alum
Taylor's No 74 Victorian Lime AS

I have commented in Sharons original post about the soap. Essentially i really like this. I am not a huge fan of mega menthol and the very slight cooling sensation here was ideal for me! In fact, i dancy getting a tub of it as it is :D

Have a good day gents.

Shavemac D01 silvertip : Le Grelot 6/8 evidée : Nanny's Citrus Zinger sample : Alt Innsbruck : Floris Limes EdT

P9210009.jpg

Tuesday

Bodger 404
Erasmic Soap
ikon Bulldog Classic
Super Max Stainless (3)
Nivia ASB
Old Spice White Water AS

This razor is rapidly becoming a firm favorite .........superb shave.

Tuesday Night:

• - Edwin Jagger DE89L
      - Sputnik Teflon
      - Soap Alchemist's / Nanny's Lime Breeze soft shaving soap
      - Tres Claveles Barbera Nº2 (Caballo Extra) shaving brush
      - MICAlum
      - Kartopu Kolonya Gül Suyu rosewater
      - Thayers's Rose Witch Hazel
      - Kartopu Kolonya Tütün as ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

Shave number 2 in a row with the new Nanny/SoapAl Lime, with a hint o' mint - consistent with initial observations, great stuff, as per usual with the 'new formulation soaps' Sharon produces. I agree with AJP, to a degree, that it's ready to roll, in that I would like just a little bit more menthol - not too much more! ... just a tiny bit more.
      • Though I will still buy it if this is the final recipe. [/list:u]
          • After all, Sharon can always work on a Spearmint/Wintergreen* heavy menthol blast next, if she wants to hit that demographic - I'd buy it too most likely.[/list:u][/list:u]

* NOTE: Yes, I know menthol is a peppermint derivative, but I personally prefer Spearmint and/or Wintergreen scents to peppermint. And 'Wintergreen', somewhere in the name of a massive, steel-toed, jackboot-to-the-head menthol kick would be pretty faboo.

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: Simpsons Case
Cream: Prairie-Creation sample 1
AS: Pinaud Clubman Musk

SPM_A3032.jpg

Wring. 1 min. 4 pass. Rework 1st. 2nd pass thin paste. Thinned out 4th.
Smooth skin sans moisturizer.
Shed 1. To date 4.

Monday 20th (evening) and Tuesday 21st (evening) September

Semogue 830
Nanny's Lime sample
Gillette Slim
Red Personna (1/2)
Alum
Bulldog Post Shave Balm

Excellent lather from the lime sample. Really great lime scent. The Bulldog balm seems very good as well, especially considering the price.

Yesterday (haven't decided on tonight's yet)

Kent BK4
Klauberg "Damascene" 9/16 square point

Prairie Creations lime soap
Tabac aftershave

Now that I've got the hang of the PC soap (the breakthrough was getting it to stick to the bottom of the bowl at last), I'm giving it an unequivocal thumbs up. I've found that more brush loading is required than with many soaps, and it does like quite a lot of water - get that right and the resulting lather is rich but has a light character. This isn't the most cushioning soap, and in all honesty is probably much better adapted to DE shaving really, but it's nice slippery stuff and the skin feel when you've finished is very good indeed. The most impressive aspect for me is that sharp fresh scent which is quite unlike anything else I've come across, and has no hint of the chemical or synthetic about it at all. Fozz rated it alongside Henk's and Sharon's soaps, and I concur, though Sharon's is the best adapted to shaving with a straight of the three. Worthy of a group buy, this.

Tuesday Evening

Shavette + Gillette Bleue Extra
Sensor
404 Boardger
Prairie Creations soap + KMF Key Limes
Proraso splash

The Shavette. I chanced upon it in my stash drawer. So, even after previous semi-successful/failed attempts using it, I thought why not.

Initially used the PC soap sample to face-wash -- I didn't rinse it all off because it's slippy, and slippy is what I want when using this thing, hence the KMF cream.

The shave went surprisingly well: very close, and in the places I'd missed (OK, 'bottled it') the Sensor soon put right. Two small weepers and a scratch, but still a sound result.

Tuesday, 09-21-10.

Soap from Alepo - TGN UK Super Badger - Gillette Rocket red Tip - Gillette yellow #1 - Lavanda shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Gravity (COTY) + ASB Institut Karité.

Afeitado21-09-10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom