Monday

iKon Bulldog Deluxe
Treet Coated Durasharp
'Original' Body Shop Shaving Cream
Vulfix No 18 shaving Brush
Alum
T&H A/S Balm
Pashana Bay Rum

Still trying out my blades with the iKon. Today was the 3rd shave with the Durasharp and although there was no tugging.....the blade was starting to rust towards the centre. I am amazed it lasted so long.I expected to use these once and then discard. However to date this combination has given the best shave. Still a few more combinations to try!

Brian

EJDE89L + Gillette Bleau (5)
404 bodger + Erasmic stick
Witch Hazel + ToBS Sandalwood a/s
Jo Malone Vetiver Black Cafe EDT

First time I've used Erasmic and I was impressed. Plenty of useful lather and a nice scent.

Sunday

New Forest 2201
"The Nap" 5/8 full hollow round point

Nanny's Yushu soft soap
Taylor's sandalwood aftershave

SOTD190910.jpg

This innocent looking razor caused me a lot of honing trouble, but finally it's shaving sweetly and takes its place on the team.

Monday

Bodger 404
Erasmic Soap
ikon Bulldog Classic
Super Max Stainless (2)
Nivia ASB
Old Spice White Water AS

What a Superb razor, gets better with each shave. BBS today and I really like the Erasmic stick.
Only problem is I have a beautiful " slim " waiting in the wings being nudged on by a stick of La Toja.......Ahhhhhhhhh what a scent..........so many bits of kit and so few whiskers of time :shave

Progress
Lord Platinum x 3
Semogue 2000
Prarie Creations soap
Boosters Aquarius a\s

hadn't had the 570 out in a while
2 x WTG @ 4
1 x ATG @ 2
one chin nick easily sorted with the Boosters, but Mrs H doesn't like the smell

think Fozz was right about this soap, it's good stuff
faint scent though

Monday

1948-50 Gillette Aristocrat, Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow, Arko Stick,
Simpsons Commodore X1, Thayers Lavendar Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera,
Gillette Series Intense Cooling AS Balm, Floid Blue AS

shot_1285001297941.jpg

Monday Night:

• - Laurel all-metal Open Comb 3-piece
      - Lord Razor Group's Silver Star Super Stainless
      - Soap Alcehemist's / Nanny's prototype Iced Lime soft shaving soap
      - Tres Claveles Barbera Nº2 (Caballo Extra) shaving brush
      - Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
      - Alcolado Glacial AS[/list:u][/list:u]

Through the door to the flat and SWMBA told I had mail - from Nanny's. The newest splodge had arrived for a testing. As usual, the soap is great smelled wonderful before I even had the envelope open I had that fresh lime scent perking me up as much as anything could I guess (Mondays suck; work sucks; therefore: working Mondays sucks even more). Had dinner and end of day chat with SWMBA, and I promised her that I would be taking something for the cold I've started coming down with; that I would be doing up a hot water bottle and getting to bed early and that I would be putting my gammy leg up - all 'soon' after my evening shave. That is, if it can really be considered a promise, when it's elicited from somebody, by threatening them with physical and mental pain. I love her dearly, but she can be quite scary.

So I've had my shave and all went well enough. This new soap Sharon's testing out, is as good as any of her others, which is to say, it does a great job of doing the job - great.

Once I'd finished, but before any post shavery stuff, my shorn face felt gently cool and refreshed. It wasn't until then, that I remembered it was Iced Lime. Not that there was much of an Ice feeling to it during the shave, but I was more interested in the Lime part - I likes limes. Now I was on the rinsing-the-last-of-the-soap-off-phase, I had realised that there hadn't been a menthol-kick of any kind, just a really appreciated, subtle cooooolness afterwards.

Tuesday morning 2010-09-21

'40s SS > Wilkinson Classic (#6) > Semogue 1250 > Tallow Erasmic stick grated into a David Hayward Design shaving bowl > Floid blue > Nivea ASB > Pens BB

SOTD_21Sep.jpg

Tuesday

Trumper Razor
Gillette 'Swede'
New Forest 2201
Taylor's Lavender Cream
Trumper's Limes a/s

The Trumper razor (which is basically an EJ Chatsworth clone with a Merkur head) and the Swede combo are excellent. If I had to choose one razor/blade combo, I think this would be it.

Ian

Tuesday

White proraso pre/post
Neo Custom 2 band
Nannys 'Lime n menthol' shaving soap
Laurel OC + GST (3?)
Thayers with Lemon
Proraso ASB

First time out with Nannys new soap. Well, its nannys soap so its excellent :D. Got a good lather with it as per usual, it does smell of limes, but not overpowering, I think I might like it more limey however.

As for the menthol, compared to green proraso soap, ( my only other menthol soap), it is very faint by comparison. After as cold water rinse, I could feel some menthol kick, but its nowhere near like that of proraso.

Of course, this is just my opinion, I am sure others may find it different.
In summary: Excellent soap, needs more lime and menthol for me. It is only my first outing with it, so I reserve the right to change my mind after more use. :lol:

Monday evening
Merkur progress
supermax sunrise(6)
new forest 2201
nannys lime menthol
alum
Alcolado

The supermax sunrise still going strong . Nannys lime menthol , performance as a soap up to usual standard . Its more lime with a hint of menthol unlike Mama beas which is full on Menthol blast.I like lime.

Tuesday
Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap: D R Harris Almond
A'shave:: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
Cologne: D R Harris 'HIS' cologne

Paid about £40 for this bottle of 'discontinued' cologne a year ago(ish) thinking it was rare.

Turns out Harris just re-named it Albany and removed the yellow colouring.

It's a bit annoying that I paid over the odds for it, but good news that I can use as much as I bloody well like now without worrying about replacing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom