Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 18th September 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday

Trumper Razor
Gillette Platinum (Swede)
New Forest 2201
Taylor's Lavender Cream (I can see the bottom of the tub!)
Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns

Perfect

Ian

Vulfix Grosvenor+Simpson Superbadger : Henckels 17 1/2 : Panama 1924 SS : La toja ASB

P9200002.jpg

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: Simpsons Case
Cream: Prairie-Creation sample 1
AS: Pinaud Virgin Island Bayrum

SPM_A3021.jpg

Wring. 1min 25. 4 pass. Rework 1st. Thick on 1st. Thinned on 2nd. Barely enough for pass on last but shave was done. Waited couple minutes to see how skin feels prior to applying AS. Rest assured it left skin smooth and soft. It's slick for sure.

Monday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: E A Berg
Brush no name black badger (think it´s a Frank)
Soap Mitchells WFS
AS: English Leather
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very nice
Niffty little razor this, got clean and then some :D
49102d1284974982-sotd-sun-september-19th-sat-september-25th-snb13493.jpg

Monday:

Hot towel and a thin, hand-applied lather
Merkur Futur
Bic blade
New Forest 2201
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes cream
Pecksniffs Citrus ASB
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes cologne

The first couple of strokes felt as though the blade wasn't fitted properly, but it looked ok, and dialling the Futur down to 1.5 seemed to sort things out.
Possibly my imagination, but the Bic blade seems to make more noise in the Futur than any other blade I've tried to date. A comfortable enough shave, nothing to write home about, but close enough and no claret.

Regards

Ian

Have to aggree on the Meth content. I get a burn from a lot of the other equivalent products on the market, but not this one. Smooth as.
But as for the scent? I really cant belive they haven't put more care into developing something better....I mean a product like this should say, sportsman, executive etc but really this one is just so generic....it just says Dentist. Shame, still a geat shave though.

I so enjoy the daily visit to the stash to select the team!

Gave another run to an early New Forest Best badger oak brush - a rare species of one. It did a fine job on my Arko stuffed into its ramekin dish. Given the Merkur a fair run. Back to the Chatsworth tomorrow.

9-3.jpg

Monday 20th September

Semogue 830
Tabac (+ Proraso)
Gillette HD500 Rocket
Feather (2)
Alum
Aqua Velva AS

Was in a rush today. Made a very poor lather from the Tabac, used too much water to begin with and as a result it was really thin and just disappeared when applied to the face. I rescued the situation somewhat by adding a bit of Proraso and incorporating that in. A case of "More haste, less speed" next time.

Pedwar Skin said:
Have to aggree on the Meth content. I get a burn from a lot of the other equivalent products on the market, but not this one. Smooth as.
But as for the scent? I really cant belive they haven't put more care into developing something better....I mean a product like this should say, sportsman, executive etc but really this one is just so generic....it just says Dentist. Shame, still a geat shave though.

Hello and Welcome,

There is no indication, in your post, what product you are referring to.

Ian

Pedwar Skin said:

Shaving products with "Meth" in them , what next ?

Monday:

Hot towel
404mix/Nanny's lavender
Gillette flare/super iridium
Alum
Porters hired hand
New blade, first try with the lavender and an altogether great shave :)
very smooth.
regards, beejay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom