Wednesday

Merkur Slant 37c
Derby (2)
Pure Badge
Penhaligon's Opus 1870
Alum
Coral Skin food (As pre and post shave)
Moisturiser

DFS. Yesterday with same combo wasn't great, today, I got the lather spot on and had a great shave.

Wednesday, 07-21-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Omega 11126 boar brush - GEM Micromatic open comb - GEM #1 - Pre Proraso - Wilkinson shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Physical + ASB Weleda.

Afeitado21-07-10004.jpg

Wednesday

Kropp 6/8 round point, Vulfix 2235, Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad soap, Alum, Givenchy Xeryus AS
301kgmf.jpg

DFS, getting there neck still causing issues the rest is coming along nicely.

Wednesday

5/8 Air Brand
Honeybee Sandalwood soap
Vulfix No.5 Pure Bristle
Alum Block
L'Oreal for Men Hydra Energetic Post-Shave balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Wednesday
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Frederick´s, The Old English Razor
Brush: Chris 22 mm finest two band
Soap/Cream: Vulfix English Rose nad Palmolive stick
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffallo 50/80
AS. Old Spice Fresh Lime
Result: Very nice

To my surprise my head shave went smother than the one on the face :evil:, strange (one nick on face and a two missed spots on neck, after two passes :roll:). Whiped up a nice and rich super lather though, could have lasted for a friend aswell, even though I did two passes both on head and face. Ahh, the bliss of having very soft water :D :shave
46021d1279712333-sotd-sun-july-18th-sat-july-24rd-snb12881.jpg

Pre - Hot shower
Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
Soap - Proraso
Brush - Vulfix 404 Bodger
Razor - Merkur 39C Slant (loan from Ian M)
Blade - Red Personna
AS - Proraso
EDT - Cella (sample from Audiolab)

First use of the 39C slant which arrived today, thanks Ian. I use a 38C so wa used to the weight and feel so I shaved as normal. 3 passes later and there were 3 small nicks on my chin and jawline. I was expecting the Proraso AS to sting like buggery as my face felt raw but it didn't really. Face still feels raw a few hours later but very smooth. Will try the slant again in a few days with my sharp blade of choice a Gillette Super Thin and see how that goes. I think I will pay more attention to pressure though....... :roll:

Wednesday
Proraso pre/post
EJ bull mastiff+ thai GST
Fido 2201 Superior
MWF soap
Thayers Original (alcohol free)
ESPA Moisturiser

Got another good lather from the MWF with the fido. Let the puck soak in warmish water for a minute or 2. Had an excellent shave today :D

nightbreed said:
Alex Jacques Custom
Thäter 26mm Chubby
L'Occitane Cade SS
Aubrey North Woods AS

attachment.php

Amund
Nice shot damn!

Could you please tell us something about that gorgeous brush (knot size, performance)? Looks amazing. :eek:

¿What about the after shave? :hungrig

Hi everyone! Shaved at approx 7am today.

Fusion Power Razor
Sav. Row 3120 S/tip
Proraso pre
Proraso soap
Proraso post
Proraso A/S. Alum./ Old Spice Deodorant Body spray .

Yep! a Proraso event, one might say! :D I was a bit pressed for time however, so I used the Fusion. I quite obviously need to get used to the soap because I barely made enough lather for two passes. I was face lathering because I couldn't be bothered to go and get me new lathering bowl. Anyway, the Proraso used as Pre-shave together with what lather I did manage to make produced a DFS without any nicks or soreness what so ever - well pleased. :shave

Wednesday-Shave 2

GEM Featherweight
GEM PTFE "Ted Pella" (1)
TBS Synthectic
Erasmic soap bowl/Erasmic Cream
Thayers
Acura intense mositurising cream as ASB
Pinaud Clubman AS

After this mornings disaster with the carbon blade in the PAL which roughed me up a bit, so when I got back from the hospital it felt as though I hadn't shaved, so shave No2, I must had really roughed my self up with the carbon blade as after this shave I was a bit sore but it has died down, anyway a DFS was had with the Gem, I thought about going for a BBS but changed my mind, lets see how my face is tomorrow before deciding my weapon of choice. The TBS brush surprised me, first time I've used a synthectic and was shocked :shock: how good it was making lather.

TTFN

Tony

Wednesday

New Forest 2201
Dovo 1516

Nanny's lavender soft soap
Tabac a/s

My SOTD posts were getting terse to the point that I couldn't see how anyone could possibly be even slightly interested; this one is in praise of Fido's quart-in-a-pint-pot brush really. It's probably broken in now after a few weeks of use every other day or so, and I really can't fault it in any way, which bodes very well for the forthcoming silvertip version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom